Victor Wembamyama is no Abdul Jabbar!

Billo_Really

Litre of the Band
Aug 14, 2005
Long Beach, Ca
I've seen enough! Victor Wembamyama is no Kareem Abdul Jabbar. As soon as Lew Alcindor hit the NBA, he dominated from day one. Victor is going through a learning curve that Jabbar never went through, except when he faced Wilt Chamberlain.

True. However, Victor Wembamyama is 19. I watched Kareen then Lew play, when I was very, very young, in his freshman year at UCLA, and he was vastly underdeveloped compared to the product who went to Milwaukee Bucks at 22.

Let's watch young Victor develop.

I've seen enough! Victor Wembamyama is no Kareem Abdul Jabbar. As soon as Lew Alcindor hit the NBA, he dominated from day one. Victor is going through a learning curve that Jabbar never went through, except when he faced Wilt Chamberlain.
If he can last, more power to him.
The game was rougher back in the ancient days. Kareem was averaging 24 points and 33 minutes per game at 38 years old.

If he can last, more power to him.
The game was rougher back in the ancient days. Kareem was averaging 24 points and 33 minutes per game at 38 years old.
Victor needs to eat some rib-eyes! He has got to beef up. I can't wait until he faces someone like Draymon Green.

Victor Wembanyama is the first player with 100 points and 10 blocks in their first five career games since Shaquille O'Neal in 1992.His 38 points are tied for the 3rd-most in a game by a Spurs rookie all-time. Only David Robinson had reached that mark previously.

And he beat the Suns twice. Charles Barkley said they wouldn't make the playoffs. I bet they do.

Victor Wembanyama is the first player with 100 points and 10 blocks in their first five career games since Shaquille O'Neal in 1992.His 38 points are tied for the 3rd-most in a game by a Spurs rookie all-time. Only David Robinson had reached that mark previously.

And he beat the Suns twice. Charles Barkley said they wouldn't make the playoffs. I bet they do.
I watched the end of the Suns game last night. He dropped 38 on them and closed out the game with a 3 pointer. He's still a gangly kid, when he fills out oh boy.

I was at the Forum when Chamberlain took on a young Jabber. Chamberlain cleaned his clock, even fly swatting one of his shots 15 rows into the stands.

I watched the end of the Suns game last night. He dropped 38 on them and closed out the game with a 3 pointer. He's still a gangly kid, when he fills out oh boy.
And most importantly is they are winning. How much is because of him? Let's just say people don't drive to the basket when he's on the court. He completely changes the game plan. Easy close shots suddenly aren't an option. And how do you stop him from scoring? Plus he blocked 2 shots?

I have to go call my dad. Like Billo he was saying he didn't think this kid had it after his first nationally televised game. Give him time. No he's not Lebron who was immediately the best athlete physically on the court. Give the kid 2 games or 3. LOL.

I was at the Forum when Chamberlain took on a young Jabber. Chamberlain cleaned his clock, even fly swatting one of his shots 15 rows into the stands.
Before last nights game Charles said no one except Lebron came straight out of high school and was dominant right away. Shaq said "I WAS". Charles said "I said straight from high school dummy".

Shaq forgets Hakeem schooled him in the finals. Victor just beat his idol Kevin Durant twice.

And most importantly is they are winning. How much is because of him? Let's just say people don't drive to the basket when he's on the court. He completely changes the game plan. Easy close shots suddenly aren't an option. And how do you stop him from scoring? Plus he blocked 2 shots?

I have to go call my dad. Like Billo he was saying he didn't think this kid had it after his first nationally televised game. Give him time. No he's not Lebron who was immediately the best athlete physically on the court. Give the kid 2 games or 3. LOL.
He's 19 and nowhere near as physically mature as Lebron was at a similar age.

He's 19 and nowhere near as physically mature as Lebron was at a similar age.
He will never be as physically mature as Lebron. The other day I watched Lebron go from one end of the court to the other putting the ball in the hole. Still no one can stop him.

I love to see when the older guys don't have it anymore and the Victor's of the NBA start beating up on the Durant's.

Or Ja Morant who I guess is still suspended?

Morant has been suspended for 25 games. That means he will only be available for a maximum of 57 games during the 2023-24 regular season.

Talk to me when he gets 100 points in a single game.

He will never be as physically mature as Lebron. The other day I watched Lebron go from one end of the court to the other putting the ball in the hole. Still no one can stop him.

I love to see when the older guys don't have it anymore and the Victor's of the NBA start beating up on the Durant's.

Or Ja Morant who I guess is still suspended?

Morant has been suspended for 25 games. That means he will only be available for a maximum of 57 games during the 2023-24 regular season.
Morant has some issues for sure. Super exciting to watch but I think he's one of those guys that is so athletic he puts additional stress on his body.

Morant has some issues for sure. Super exciting to watch but I think he's one of those guys that is so athletic he puts additional stress on his body.

I love how when Jordan was that young and no one knew who he was going to be he told himself he's going to be the best and he did it. When the Piston's beat the fuck out of him he went into the weight room so he could overcome that.

Ja is too distracted. Too childish. Jordan was mature and hungry to win.

Wemby can never be compared to the great centers of the past. The position they played no longer exists in the NBA. They all played a low post-center, from which to score or feed others, and where they were in the best possible position to get rebounds.

I personally don't know why that position has been eliminated, the power forward is its closest counterpart but that is quite a bit different. There is NO current position in the NBA from which one can average 50 points per game, as Wilt did when he chose to do so.

Why (the fuck) they allow him to shoot three's is a mystery to me. They have guys who are 6'2" who can do it better. Also a mystery to me is why they keep showing him dunking the ball as though that were an accomplishment. He doesn't even have to jump. No skill whatsoever is required for a person of his "length" to dunk the ball.

Forum List

Back