Was It A Real World Series

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
All I can say is the Arizona Diamondbacks played like a 9th place team.
Congrats to the Rangers on that one.

After 2011, I am really happy for the Rangers. I'm most happy for Nathan Eovaldi. Who I'm still pissed the Red Sox let walk. And I also didn't want to see a Bill James/Sabermetrics/Money Ball team win. It would be the death of baseball.

• Banned
After 2011, I am really happy for the Rangers. I'm most happy for Nathan Eovaldi. Who I'm still pissed the Red Sox let walk. And I also didn't want to see a Bill James/Sabermetrics/Money Ball team win. It would be the death of baseball.
Earlier in the season Jon Miller, the Giants announcer, called the Diamondbacks organization a "sandlot" team.
That comment wasn't about the players. The disastrous AZ ball handling defense showed me they were bush league.
The 1st baseman sucked.
AZ handed the series to the Rangers.

• Banned
It took an ex-Dodger to get the MVP. LOL

Makes the 162 game season meaningless

The Braves were the best NL team and the Dodgers were a close second. Nobody else was really close.
But neither the Braves or Dodgers made it out of their first round.

The Braves were the best NL team and the Dodgers were a close second. Nobody else was really close.
AZ played great defense all season long. I think they rated the best in the NL.

Chokers gonna choke... Braves, Dodgers, Orioles nice choke! :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

A team that goes 11-0 in the post season ON THE ROAD is the world champion.

All they've ever needed for the last 50 years was air conditioning. Playing in 100F heat had the team exhausted by mid-July. They've got their A/C, watch them thrive. Next year is going to be interesting with deGrom coming back.

Good series - no BLM, no fat sluts running around with "I've had 32 abortions" t-shirts, no antifa faggots, no democrat looting/arson.... just baseball. Congrats Rangers!

Earlier in the season Jon Miller, the Giants announcer, called the Diamondbacks organization a "sandlot" team.
That comment wasn't about the players. The disastrous AZ ball handling defense showed me they were bush league.
The 1st baseman sucked.
AZ handed the series to the Rangers.
AZ was the top defense in MLB, in 2023. They cracked a bit.

It’s all the rage as far as the discussion these days. I can see both arguments.

1. More teams in the playoffs makes it more applicable to more fan bases, and more opportunities for more teams. It’s more exciting to more people.

2. More teams waters down the importance of the regular season.

I think the cat is out of the bag, at least for now. They’re stuck with the current formula for the next few years at least even if they wanted to change it.

I think you’ll see teams compensate by not pressing to win 100+ games perhaps, and take their foot off the gas to hopefully get hot at the right time

It’s all the rage as far as the discussion these days. I can see both arguments.

1. More teams in the playoffs makes it more applicable to more fan bases, and more opportunities for more teams. It’s more exciting to more people.

2. More teams waters down the importance of the regular season.

I think the cat is out of the bag, at least for now. They’re stuck with the current formula for the next few years at least even if they wanted to change it.

I think you’ll see teams compensate by not pressing to win 100+ games perhaps, and take their foot off the gas to hopefully get hot at the right time

Reminds me of the NBA where an 80 game season is meaningless and most teams make the playoffs.

Teams rest their stars because they want them fresh for the playoffs.

Posters are too harsh on AZ. They fought hard vs. MIL, barely escaping that series. They destroyed MSM darling $250M LA. Everyone had them buried vs. PHI until they dominated winning game 6,7 at PHI. Then came the series. One could easily argue they outplayed TX game 1, 2 losing G1 on a blown save in the 9th?
Momentum and pressure can wear down a team. They had base runners all over last night but could not get one in first five innings. Reminds me of STL WC at LA with 23 runners left on base or something like that? They were pitching a 6 inning no-hitter for Christs' sake. What else could they do? Thats' baseball. The hit it right at them a few times. Could not dribble one thru? Maybe they could have bunted? hindsight now.

That pressure (win or its' over) can crack (stolen from above post) any team eventually (look at PHI). I was on record as posting I don't understand the Seawald closer love affair. 93 and straight? He is Lancy Lynn - 100lbs. I did not feel comfortable with him in games.

All in all AZ had a good playoff run. They outhomered the Big market NL teams. Bochy and TX figured out the 1B could not hit high fastballs or something like that.

Reminds me of the NBA where an 80 game season is meaningless and most teams make the playoffs.

The NBA is different though.. it’s less about a team getting hot. Most of the time the better team just wins. Most years you can predict the final 4 teams and be mostly on point. Baseball is less stable and more prone to the sways.

Most teams dont make the PO's though.

The Dodgers and Atlanta won 1 game out of 6 combined. They werent the better teams obviously.

The Rangers went 15-5 in the PO's. Winning 11 road games. The only team that gave them a series was Houston.

Forum List

Back