Vick's comments after team voted him courages award

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JimH52, Dec 24, 2009.

1. JimH52

JimH52 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,148
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,279
    Not that I'm defending his criminal actions, but you'd probably feel the same way if you'd committed a crime, realized the errors in your ways, did your time, and came to find out that half the fucking civilized WORLD apparently thinks you're garbage from here on out no matter what you do.

The fact is, there are people who've committed much worse atrocities and not only didn't get NEARLY the amount of scrutiny as Vick did, but also were pretty damn near collectively forgiven. Even family members of murder victims often times will forgive the murderer. And that's PEOPLE we're talking about, not animals.

I mean shit, our own government allies itself with dictators who have killed COUNTLESS people. I don't see much public outcry about THAT. But god forbid a professional football player kills dogs and then plays football for money again after doing his time in prison.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  3. Zona

Zona A guy in ariZONA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +942
    He did time in a federal pen for his crimes. He manned up and did it. He is continuing on with his life. Good for him.

4. Xenophon

Xenophon Gone and forgotten

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    What a monumental dickhead.

Yes, life is tough when you make millions for playing sports and get caught killing dogs.

They never should have let this asshole back in the NFL.

5. JimH52

JimH52 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,148
    He could have just said, "Thank you" and that would have been fine. His brashness and statements concerning all the hard times he has seen make me think he really has not changed. Its' still "all about me."

The dogs he put to death never got a second chance. Please, Vick is not a Martyr
    Michael, there are kids dying with cancer all over the world that now understand the pain you have been through. Thanks for sharing.

This is coming from a guy that whole heartedly supported him getting back into the NFL. He needs to put his brain in gear before engaging his mouth.

6. JenyEliza

JenyEliza Princess of Rhetoric

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +353
    You should have seen the freaking hero-worship of Vick when the Eagles played here in Atlanta.

OMG. Atlanta FALCON FANS were wearing Mike Vick/Eagle jerseys.

He got a farking hero's welcome here....from people who are also Barry Obama fans.

It was so disgusting, some DJ's here have taken to calling the GA Dome "The Vick Dome".

Watch for Vick to end up in trouble before the end of 2010. I see it coming. He learned exactly NOTHING from his experience. NOTHING.

7. Coyote

Coyote Varmint Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,305
    Just because worse things happen in the world doesn't make the abuse and killing of other animals somehow "acceptable".

If Michael Vick truely regretted his actions, I'd like to see evidence of that. Thus far he has accepted no responsibility for what he did to those dogs nor any remorse. Vick was involved in an extensive interstate dog fighting ring that operated over a period of five or more years. He was sentanced to 23 months and served only 18 months, some of that in home confinement. He pled "not guilty" to animal cruelty charges but those charges were eventually dropped in a plea bargain and he was convicted only of bankrolling a dogfighting conspiracy so the court and the public never got to here the details of what he did. Somehow, I think if they had and if they had seen the pictures they might not be so forgiving.

Many professionals lose their licenses when they are convicted of felonies and can never again practice in their professions. Football players, however, do not seem to suffer much of a penalty.

Michael Vick's unpaid dues: Why dog advocates aren't moving on

"The details that got to me then and stay with me today involve the swimming pool that was used to kill some of the dogs" Reynolds wrote on her blog. "Jumper cables were clipped onto the ears of underperforming dogs then just like with a car the cables were connected to the terminals of car batteries before lifting and tossing the shamed dogs into the water."

What a whiner. I don't think Vick feels he did anything wrong at all.

[​IMG]

8. Coyote

Coyote Varmint Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,305
    Nice attempt to couple Obama supporters with Vick fans. Also, disgustingly dishonest.

9. L.K.Eder

L.K.Eder unbannable non-troll

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,772
    yeah but what came first, their love for a RB/QB hybrid negro who tortures dogs or their love for a Muslim Narcisisisiistic AMerica-destroying terrorist palling Chicago style mARXIST oBAMI SALAMI, teleprompter-addict? those lowlifes probably love all things dark and evil, like, for example, negroes. burp

10. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,279
    You base that on what, exactly?