Vick's comments after team voted him courages award

From the article:
"And to add insult to injury, this is what Vick had to say about receiving the award:
"I've had to overcome a lot, probably more than one single individual can handle or can bear. You take a look at what I've been through, you ask certain people to walk in my shoes, they probably couldn't do it. Probably 95 percent of the people in this world—because nobody had to endure what I've been through, situations I've been put in, situations I've placed myself in."

When asked for a comment about Vick's award and statement 7-year-old leukemia patient Sarah Davis summed it up best, "F*ck you." "

Little girls named Sarah are fiesty huh? :lol::clap2:

Yeah, there's some real class. Maybe you want to kick her parents' asses for letting her talk that way?

Nah ... it's okay if you agree with the ignorant message.

lighten up Francis.. I was thinking of spunky Sarah Palin.

I totally believe in forgiveness and redemption...when the offender is repentant. I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe that Vick is repentant. Perhaps he would still be torturing dogs today if had not been caught.

Using the logic that if someone hadn't been caught, they'd still be committing their crimes, is ridiculous.

It takes GETTING CAUGHT, most of the time, to realize your errors. It's that part that sometimes is required for one to finally open their eyes.

How anyone thinks the guy hasn't repented yet is beyond me. He's made public apologies, and has spent his time so far on the right side of the law.

Now unless there's someone here that follows him around 24/7, none of you know whether or not he's been spending time at church for instance, repenting to his higher power.

So far the guy hasn't committed another crime. That is called PROGRESS.

Give the fucking guy some TIME for crying out loud. You don't reform in a matter of MONTHS. It's a long process of regaining the collective trust. Either you will never trust him again, or eventually you will come to see that he's earned it back. There's really nothing in between.

I can see who in this thread has abandoned the idea of ever trusting him again. Some have already mapped out his future. That's pretty neat :thup:

You make some good points.

But I still think he should never be allowed to own a dog again. Even if there is a chance he could be rehabilitated to the point of never being a danger to animals again, I think it's best to err on the side of safety of animals.

You say:

"none of you know whether or not he's been spending time at church for instance, repenting to his higher power."

That would hold no sway with me. In fact, it would make me somewhat suspicious. Too many people think they can make a plea for forgiveness to some imaginary higher power and that that wipes their slate clean.

Well if you look up the definition of repent as a verb, those are things Vick has done. The only reason the higher power part has no sway with you is because you're an atheist. But look at it from the perspective of the person repenting to the higher power, though. They are NOT an atheist, so in their own mind, they are showing regret and reproach for a past sin...that it happens to be directed toward something you don't believe in, in no way mitigates the significance of it to the person who is doing the repenting.

Like I said, give the dude a chance. He's tasted prison, and apparently he didn't enjoy it. He has the distinct choice of continuing to be a millionare living in comfort, or spending the rest of his life in prison if he fucks up again.

Very few people get to have THAT distinct a choice in life, especially one that's guaranteed one way or the other.

I totally believe in forgiveness and redemption...when the offender is repentant. I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe that Vick is repentant. Perhaps he would still be torturing dogs today if had not been caught.

Using the logic that if someone hadn't been caught, they'd still be committing their crimes, is ridiculous.

It takes GETTING CAUGHT, most of the time, to realize your errors. It's that part that sometimes is required for one to finally open their eyes.

How anyone thinks the guy hasn't repented yet is beyond me. He's made public apologies, and has spent his time so far on the right side of the law.

Now unless there's someone here that follows him around 24/7, none of you know whether or not he's been spending time at church for instance, repenting to his higher power.

Give the fucking guy some TIME for crying out loud. You don't reform in a matter of MONTHS. It's a long process of regaining the collective trust. Either you will never trust him again, or eventually you will come to see that he's earned it back. There's really nothing in between.

I can see who in this thread has abandoned the idea of ever trusting him again. Some have already mapped out his future. That's pretty neat :thup:

How many times do you have to be told that once you break a trust it is almost impossible to gain it back? You might get lip service but the people never ever trust you again.

What the fuck is it with you and speaking for EVERYONE?

Who the hell do you think YOU are?

Paulie and Willow

So hot for each other they can't keep their hands off each other's posts.

:lol:

How many times do you have to be told that once you break a trust it is almost impossible to gain it back? You might get lip service but the people never ever trust you again.

What the fuck is it with you and speaking for EVERYONE?

Who the hell do you think YOU are?

I are WillowTree who are you? So instead of hollering do you have a difference of opinion?

Hey Paulie - if Vick was a cop, a preacher, or a Wall Street banker would you be so forgiving. He throws a fucking football and prob had his education paid for by others. He deserve no more respect than a thug who mugged a senior citizen and "paid his debt" Where's that guy's fucking medal?

Paulie and Willow

So hot for each other they can't keep their hands off each other's posts.

:lol:

tell him about trust! see if he can get it. He ain't listening to me

I don't listen to idiots who presume to speak for all of human kind.

You're more of an elitist than any liberal I've ever met.

Suck on THAT, bitch.

oh just shut the fuck up, you can't admit it now but you are wrong. just go screw around on yer girl and she'll show you about trust. you won't never have it again. I guarandamntee it. :lol::lol::lol:

That only depends on whether or not you think criminals deserve the chance to earn back trust. Or if you're like Willow and you think trust can NEVER be earned back, then this discussion is already over because we will get nowhere.

Why are you assuming I'm more willing to forgive him because he throws a football?

And to compare him to a cop especially, is disingenuous. A cop is in a position of authority and implied trust by his or her society. A cop's main job is to STOP the breaking of laws, not BREAK them. So I probably WOULD be less forgiving if it was a cop.

We had a state trooper down here in Cape May County that killed 2 teenage girls because he was speeding through an intersection in his cruiser, apparently responding to a call. Dispatch records showed no call took place at that time. The guy t-boned the girls' car and the collision was so hard that the girls' spinal cords were severed at their heads. They were out picking up milk for their mom.

When I look at the facts, it seems obvious that the cop lied about the situation. Interestingly enough, he was recently acquitted in the trial, and most intelligent people have no fucking idea how that happened. The justice system certainly isn't perfect.

you'll have to forgive me if I think that's a little more unforgivable than a guy who killed dogs and spent almost 2 years in prison for it.

And yes, I value a human life over an animal's life, with all things being equal.

That only depends on whether or not you think criminals deserve the chance to earn back trust. Or if you're like Willow and you think trust can NEVER be earned back, then this discussion is already over because we will get nowhere.

Why are you assuming I'm more willing to forgive him because he throws a football?

And to compare him to a cop especially, is disingenuous. A cop is in a position of authority and implied trust by his or her society. A cop's main job is to STOP the breaking of laws, not BREAK them. So I probably WOULD be less forgiving if it was a cop.

We had a state trooper down here in Cape May County that killed 2 teenage girls because he was speeding through an intersection in his cruiser, apparently responding to a call. Dispatch records showed no call took place at that time. The guy t-boned the girls' car and the collision was so hard that the girls' spinal cords were severed at their heads. They were out picking up milk for their mom.

When I look at the facts, it seems obvious that the cop lied about the situation. Interestingly enough, he was recently acquitted in the trial, and most intelligent people have no fucking idea how that happened. The justice system certainly isn't perfect.

you'll have to forgive me if I think that's a little more unforgivable than a guy who killed dogs and spent almost 2 years in prison for it.

And yes, I value a human life over an animal's life, with all things being equal.

Oh but you must forgive him and trust him to be a good little cop again or end up a hypocrite. But then we knew that didn't we? Why yes we did. Suck on that tater!

tell him about trust! see if he can get it. He ain't listening to me

Suck on THAT, bitch.

oh just shut the fuck up, you can't admit it now but you are wrong. just go screw around on yer girl and she'll show you about trust. you won't never have it again. I guarandamntee it. :lol::lol::lol:

Willow, do two things for me please...Just two....

ONE: Don't flatter yourself so much as to think you have any fucking CLUE how my girl would respond in ANY situation, since you don't know her..

TWO: Go the fuck back to school and get a proper education. Your grammar is absolutely APPALLING.

And here's an added third one:

Shut the fuck up about relationship infidelity for crying out loud. That thread is over and done with and this has ZERO to do with it.

Oh, and a fourth:

See if you can find some way to NOT be such an ugly fucking bitch with no life beyond your keyboard.

:thup:

Suck on THAT, bitch.

Willow, do two things for me please...Just two....

ONE: Don't flatter yourself so much as to think you have any fucking CLUE how my girl would respond in ANY situation, since you don't know her..

TWO: Go the fuck back to school and get a proper education. Your grammar is absolutely APPALLING.

And here's an added third one:

Shut the fuck up about relationship infidelity for crying out loud. That thread is over and done with and this has ZERO to do with it.

Oh, and a fourth:

See if you can find some way to NOT be such an ugly fucking bitch with no life beyond your keyboard.

:thup:

hey little boy,, go back and read.. see if you can comprehend WHO got ugly first! Can we trust you to do that? Wellcanwehuh? And, I guess if you can make assumptions about my life, I can damn sure make them about your girlfriends. or you be a hypocrite again.

Last edited:

Oh but you must forgive him and trust him to be a good little cop again or end up a hypocrite. But then we knew that didn't we? Why yes we did. Suck on that tater!

A hypocrite? A cop's job is to stop crime, not commit it. If you commit a crime as a cop, you've lost that ability. A football player's job is to play football productively. If he can still play productively, then what does killing dogs in his personal life have to do with his job?

You're a fucking idiot. When I say that Vick should be able to be a cop, then you can call hypocrisy. Otherwise you're attempted point fails miserably.

So, you think it's "ridiculous" to surmise that someone committing crimes would continue to do so until they are caught? I don't share your perspective. Many get away with crimes but keep going back to the "well" one too many times. Have arrested drunk drivers ever driven drunk before? Has an arrested shoplifter ever shoplifted before?

Mike was a committed dog fighter. He had invested significant time and money in fighting dogs. He bought a house and gave free room-and-board to a friend who was to be caretaker and kennel manager. Mike personally beat, drowned, electrocuted and shot dogs that were losing, sick or were badly injured. On the contrary, I think it's fair to say that it's a BIG "reach" to think that Mike would have just had a change-of-heart and abandoned his hideous hobby.

Mike was and, I'm disappointed to believe, remains a disturbed individual.

Now, please remember that I never said he wasn't repentant, only that I hadn't seen it. A flippant "I made a mistake, I'm sorry" doesn't convince me that he's truly sorry and that he's a changed person. You may have a different point of view. I respect that. However,
I need to see some evidence of repentance to believe that one is repentant. Sorry, but I just haven't seen it. I'd like to know that I'm wrong on this and that Mike's a changed man. It should go without saying that dog fighting is an evil and hideous activity. I happen to believe that anybody into dog fighting is in need of some serious soul cleansing.

Perhaps you have a link to an article or a video where Mike explains his repentance and how he has changed his ways. If you have it, please consider sharing it. I hope it's true. If you don't have it then I can only surmise that Mike is NOT a changed many. Please excuse me if my perception offends you, but that's how I feel. Thank you for your consideration of my alternative perspective.

Not that I'm defending his criminal actions, but you'd probably feel the same way if you'd committed a crime, realized the errors in your ways, did your time, and came to find out that half the fucking civilized WORLD apparently thinks you're garbage from here on out no matter what you do.

Paulie, it's true that some people, no matter how sorry and repentant the offendee is, are willing to forgive. I think it could be argued that an unwillingness to forgive is a greater offense and, perhaps, the greatest offense.

With that said, we all know that Mike is a very controversial figure. We all know that there remains great bitterness and resentment against Mike for what he did. What we all know but, perhaps Mike doesn't, is that this bitterness and resentment will remain indefinitely unless Mike does something about it. Now, if Mike is truly a repentant and changed man then he could, and should, do something that demonstrates that he is, indeed, changed and repentant. Surely, Mike knows his public perception. Mike's agent has to know it, right?

Perhaps Mike could start/join a movement against dog fighting. Mike could try and show people that dog fighting is NOT "cool" but, in fact, deranged. When Mike starts to do these types of things then people will start to come around. Not all of them will, of course, but the majority will.

One day I think Mike will get it. At the moment I don't believe he does.

Hey Paulie - I knew those girls who were killed Fuck you

:confused:

Okay Paulie. I will try to forgive you ... for being artarded!!

It's not a question of the value of human life versus that of animal life.

It's a question of one person repeatedly and with malice aforethought torturing and killing innocent animals versus a person who was reckless and who abused his position as a cop with a siren on his car and who ended up killing two girls by accident. The cop did not intentionally aim to kill those girls. But Vick did intentionally aim to torture and kill those dogs. Even if you still insist that the instantaneous death of the girls is more henious than the torture and slow death of the dogs because dogs are worth less than humans, you must realize that animal torturers often step up their game when animal torture becomes mundane and they then start torturing and killing people. This is why I would have a harder time forgiving and trusting Vick again than I would that cop. Though the cop really doesn't deserve much either.

Forum List

Back