I wasn't sold on the Eagles early on in the season, but..

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
I think they have as good a chance as anyone at this point.

Their only weakness is their linebacking corps, which seems to have to choose between stopping the run or stopping a tight end. They don't seem to be able to do both.

Otherwise this team is jacked. Obviously I'm partial, but we're looking damn good right now.

I picked Minnesota to win the NFC, but I'd love to see a Minn/Philly NFC championship game and be TOTALLY WRONG! :D

Donvan was never won the big game.

Eglets are an all or nothing gambling team, they do that on both sides of the ball.

They could beat any of the teams in teh playoff picture, or lose to them, its a toss up which McNabb will show up for the game.

Yeah McNabb is definitely a wild card every season.

They still have a solid team though. Maybe no better or worse than other NFC championship Eagles teams when you factor everything in. In fact, this time around they have a good WR, which besides the TO year, was never something they had.

DeSean Jackson is the kind of play maker they've pretty much never had before.

And Westbrook is practicing again, so he'll more than likely get some playoff reps. We're doing fine without him though, this kid LeSean McCoy is almost as good in my opinion.

And we have a FB who can RUN, too. We're pretty tight this year. We'll see what happens.

Seahawk fans probably shouldn't throw stones from their glass houses this season. :lol:

Damn. I thought this thread was about Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Joe Walsh, Timothy Schmit, Don Felder, Randy Meisner, and Bernie Leadon.

It's only about football. *shrug*

I'll leave you boys to talk games. :lol:

What suckage am I supposed to be accepting?

10-4 and a 1 game lead in the division with only 2 games left, one being against the team that's 1 game behind us?

I'm confused...:cool:

10-4 and a 1 game lead in the division with only 2 games left, one being against the team that's 1 game behind us?

The Philadelphia Eagles have always been chokers. Always.

But their coach always has them peaking late, they're always tough in December!

I like our chances better this year than I did in any other year.

We have receivers that get separation these days. We've never had that other than the T.O. year.

Part of the reason that McNabb has always floundered in the big games is because his receivers would never get open and he'd be forced to do too much on his own.

I don't forsee that being an issue this time around. When DeSean Jackson is out there, anything can happen. He's arguably the fastest guy in the NFL. There's very few corners who can stay with him, and I defy anyone to find ANY safety that can cover him.

And if it's not him, it's Avant. Or Celek. Or McCoy off the screen. Or Vick on a keeper. etc, etc.

I just think the offensive weapons this year have prior playoff years beat. Like I said earlier, I only worry about the linebackers. When we blitz we're vulnerable to screens and tight end check downs. Those are pretty much the ONLY thing that have been beating us this year.

It's just a matter of stepping the game up when it counts the most.

Philly is the best team in the NFC right now.

I'm not sure about their defense though. And they may have to play all three games on the road to get to Miami.

Not necessarily. As the #3 seed we'd get the home game in the first round vs. the WC team. This is if the season ended the way it currently is.

The defense is pretty good except for what I've mentioned. We seem to have to sacrifice stopping the run to stop a TE, or vice versa.

I'd much rather stop the run and force a team to pass, anyway. We can stop the run if that's what we focus on. Gore got 100 yards against us, which is the first time since 11/9/2008 that we gave up 100.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what that 4th quarter melt down was all about yesterday, but we almost threw away a golden opportunity to retain at LEAST the 3rd seed.

I picked the Vikes to win the NFC this year but I'm SUCH a Bears fan tonight!

We could end up tied for the 2nd seed after tonight.

As a Giant fan and Eagle hater..

I would not want to face them in the playoffs right now

That team one game behind you won the first game against you. When it beats the Eggs next Sunday, as it certainly will, you will lose the division title because the 'boys will have won both games against the broken eggs.

That team one game behind you won the first game against you. When it beats the Eggs next Sunday, as it certainly will, you will lose the division title because the 'boys will have won both games against the broken eggs.

Those grapes are so sour from two straight NLCS losses to Philly that even I can taste them :lol:

Forum List

Back