Now saying "Happy Holidays" isn't even good enough for these kooks

Now according to thus professor, Happy Holidays isn't even inclusive enough !!
These people have been given an inch here and an inch there, and now they've gone completely nuts.

My friends and I wish each other a “Happy Federal Holiday.”

Too fuckin' funny.
"These people have been given an inch here and an inch there". Does that mean you think it's wrong that they should be allowed to say "happy federal holiday"?
"Allowed"? No, that's a specialty of the PC Police. They want to intimidate people into not saying what they're thinking.

I'm the opposite. I want all the crazies to come up with this stuff and speak freely so I can shine the light on them.

Nice try, though!
Then it's odd that you implied "these people have been given an inch here and an inch there" has lead to them feeling they could say that.

These people have been given an inch here and an inch there, and now they've gone completely nuts.

Too fuckin' funny.
"These people have been given an inch here and an inch there". Does that mean you think it's wrong that they should be allowed to say "happy federal holiday"?
"Allowed"? No, that's a specialty of the PC Police. They want to intimidate people into not saying what they're thinking.

I'm the opposite. I want all the crazies to come up with this stuff and speak freely so I can shine the light on them.

Nice try, though!
Then it's odd that you implied "these people have been given an inch here and an inch there" has lead to them feeling they could say that.
Then perhaps you don't understand what the phrase means in this context.

I'm not inclined to put forth the effort, plus I don't want to "offend" or be "micro-aggressive".

But Happy Federal Holiday to you!

stock-photo-religious-christmas-background-91433213.jpg

Respond by saying "Merry Christmas"

LOL they'd run around flapping their arms and scream "I'm offended!!!! Call the PC police"
Have you ever seen that happen or are you just making shit up as usual?

GFY dude, you're just an annoying ass.
I'll take that as "no I've never seen that and I made that up".

You take everything literal, it's typical of a dumb downed left loon. Loosen up your panties and stop trying to look intelligent, you are failing in epic fashion
I'm more intelligent than you've ever dreamed of being, hon. I've killed more brain cells sniffing glue than you've ever had.

LOL they'd run around flapping their arms and scream "I'm offended!!!! Call the PC police"

GFY dude, you're just an annoying ass.
I'll take that as "no I've never seen that and I made that up".

You take everything literal, it's typical of a dumb downed left loon. Loosen up your panties and stop trying to look intelligent, you are failing in epic fashion
I'm more intelligent than you've ever dreamed of being, hon. I've killed more brain cells sniffing glue than you've ever had.

I have no doubt you're a huffer...and most likely a puffer. Now sit down

Too fuckin' funny.

LOL If some kook came up to me and said Happy Federal Holiday I would know they are a left loon. Stupid

Cut her a break. She's a sloppy drunk with nothing better to do than spew garbage anonymously on the internet.

Without the anonymity of the internet, she has nothing --- except her bottle of booze, of course.

:alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic:

I'll pray for you (not really).
Matthew 5:

Love Your Enemies
43"You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.' 44"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.…

You may love your enemies, I don't.

Too fuckin' funny.

LOL If some kook came up to me and said Happy Federal Holiday I would know they are a left loon. Stupid

Cut her a break. She's a sloppy drunk with nothing better to do than spew garbage anonymously on the internet.

Without the anonymity of the internet, she has nothing --- except her bottle of booze, of course.

:alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic:

Awwww The Bore is upset....good. Most homosexuals are miserable and upset in life, he is no different :)

Matthew 5:

Love Your Enemies
43"You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.' 44"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.…

No, unlike you but like the Muslims, I'm allowed to kill my enemies, while you will be praying for them.

Matthew 5:

Love Your Enemies

No, unlike you but like the Muslims, I'm allowed to kill my enemies, while you will be praying for them.

Not me. I've mentioned repeatedly I'm not a Christian.

Matthew 5:

Love Your Enemies

Not me. I've mentioned repeatedly I'm not a Christian.
Then, congrats, you can also likely kill your enemies.

Could we please just have an annual "Kick-A-Liberal-Day" and get this over with ?

Have I told you lately how much I gate these people ?

A Holiday Greeting That Applies to Everyone

The Thanksgiving holiday season brought with it interesting discussions about “the holidays” – so many holidays are celebrated by people of different cultures, religious backgrounds and nations of origin.

The one most celebrated here in the United States is Christmas. The “Christmas Season,” traditionally beginning the day after Thanksgiving (but more lately it seems to start even before), involves lots of shopping and planning for family and friends.

The season is shaped by vacation and travel plans, parties with friends and at work, family get-togethers, plans and preparation for holiday worship, preparing and sharing lots of food, many of which we do not cook at any other time of year, along with greeting cards and clothes we might not otherwise wear. People wish each other “Merry Christmas” whether they know the other person’s religious background or not.

In the interest of diversity and inclusiveness, businesses and workplaces may add symbols of Chanukah, a Jewish holiday that takes place most often in December. Christmas falls on the same day each year, Dec. 25, while in the United States, Chanukah – the eight-day festival of lights – begins somewhere between late November and late December because Jewish holidays follow the lunar calendar used in Israel and not the solar calendar that is followed in the U.S. and elsewhere.

There are some who may celebrate both holidays such that they wish each other “Merry Christmas” and a “Happy Chanukah,” while others include Chanukah decorations on their Christmas trees or add the traditional red and green Christmas colors to their Chanukah menorahs, the eight-light candelabra used as part of the Chanukah observance.

There is so much wrong with this picture.

It appears that “Happy Holidays,” “Merry Christmas” and “Happy Chanukah” cover most of the bases while leaving out only a small number of people during the December holiday season. Christmas is one of the two holiest days for Christians, while Chanukah is a minor holiday on the calendar. It is not appropriate to equate Christmas and Chanukah just because they take place around the same time.

Suggesting that Christmas is a minor holiday, which it is not, insults the Christian celebrant, while elevating Chanukah to the same level as Christmas denies the holiness associated with the major Jewish holy days and festivals, such as Rosh Hashanah (the New Year), Yom Kipphur (the Day of Atonement) and Shavuot (the Feast of Weeks), none of which falls in December.

In our efforts to be inclusive, we show cultural insensitivity both by equating one major holiday with a minor holiday and failing to recognize that diversity includes those who celebrate neither holiday.

What should we do? Water down these greetings with “Happy Holidays”? Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of being culturally sensitive to those who celebrate Christmas? I think so.

A Holiday Greeting That Applies to Everyone - UCF News - University of Central Florida Articles - Orlando, FL News
This fails as a straw man fallacy, another ridiculous lie from the right.

Nowhere in the linked article is anyone identified as 'liberal.'

This rightwing nonsense about 'happy holidays' and 'merry Christmas' has nothing to do with 'liberals'; this is an inane non-issue contrived and propagated by conservatives.

Could we please just have an annual "Kick-A-Liberal-Day" and get this over with ?

Have I told you lately how much I gate these people ?

A Holiday Greeting That Applies to Everyone

The Thanksgiving holiday season brought with it interesting discussions about “the holidays” – so many holidays are celebrated by people of different cultures, religious backgrounds and nations of origin.

The one most celebrated here in the United States is Christmas. The “Christmas Season,” traditionally beginning the day after Thanksgiving (but more lately it seems to start even before), involves lots of shopping and planning for family and friends.

The season is shaped by vacation and travel plans, parties with friends and at work, family get-togethers, plans and preparation for holiday worship, preparing and sharing lots of food, many of which we do not cook at any other time of year, along with greeting cards and clothes we might not otherwise wear. People wish each other “Merry Christmas” whether they know the other person’s religious background or not.

In the interest of diversity and inclusiveness, businesses and workplaces may add symbols of Chanukah, a Jewish holiday that takes place most often in December. Christmas falls on the same day each year, Dec. 25, while in the United States, Chanukah – the eight-day festival of lights – begins somewhere between late November and late December because Jewish holidays follow the lunar calendar used in Israel and not the solar calendar that is followed in the U.S. and elsewhere.

There are some who may celebrate both holidays such that they wish each other “Merry Christmas” and a “Happy Chanukah,” while others include Chanukah decorations on their Christmas trees or add the traditional red and green Christmas colors to their Chanukah menorahs, the eight-light candelabra used as part of the Chanukah observance.

There is so much wrong with this picture.

It appears that “Happy Holidays,” “Merry Christmas” and “Happy Chanukah” cover most of the bases while leaving out only a small number of people during the December holiday season. Christmas is one of the two holiest days for Christians, while Chanukah is a minor holiday on the calendar. It is not appropriate to equate Christmas and Chanukah just because they take place around the same time.

Suggesting that Christmas is a minor holiday, which it is not, insults the Christian celebrant, while elevating Chanukah to the same level as Christmas denies the holiness associated with the major Jewish holy days and festivals, such as Rosh Hashanah (the New Year), Yom Kipphur (the Day of Atonement) and Shavuot (the Feast of Weeks), none of which falls in December.

In our efforts to be inclusive, we show cultural insensitivity both by equating one major holiday with a minor holiday and failing to recognize that diversity includes those who celebrate neither holiday.

What should we do? Water down these greetings with “Happy Holidays”? Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of being culturally sensitive to those who celebrate Christmas? I think so.

A Holiday Greeting That Applies to Everyone - UCF News - University of Central Florida Articles - Orlando, FL News
This fails as a straw man fallacy, another ridiculous lie from the right.

How many times are you going to use that worn out line?

Awwww The Bore is upset....good. Most homosexuals are miserable and upset in life, he is no different :)
Hey! I thought you said you put me on ignore?

Forum List

Back