Veteran concered about the {time-frame} that the VA takes on claims.

10magnum007

The master mind of JFK
Sep 10, 2010
National Legislative DAV

I want to thank! The National Legislative Office ā€” DAV for giving me a chance to express a concern:

If you have been waiting months for your VA benefits to get approved or denied. The VA needs to make better efforts to the veterans in making sure that not only are they being heard but the VA,are being more personable to the veteran. This is not happening and it is a (red-flag for veterans) in finding out what is happening in their case for benefits.

I would like the VA to give a ((time-frame)) on the status of their case so the veterans can better prepare for the delays. The time frame doesnā€™t have to say the exact date but a respectful idea, is all. The letter should say more than what is being sent to the veterans. I got a letter 17th June 2015, We are still processing your application for COMPENSATION. We apologize for the delay. You will be notified upon the completion of process? This is to impersonal and should be unacceptable to the veteransā€¦

This ā€œgeneric letterā€ tells the veteran nothing and creates distance from the VA to the veteran. This is not the way to do business and not how, our government should care for itā€™s veterans.

I would like this problem addressed immediately and (put to motion on to the floor) for consideration, at the national level for new legislationā€¦ I would furthermore, like to see a resolution be established from this message. Thank you, so much for giving me the opportunity to suggest a (new idea for veterans healthcare.) Sirā€™s and Madamā€™s of the DAV lets get the motion carried on this new reform seconded the motion and consider this as a (New Resolution) under new business.

Best Regards,

Eddie W. Verdon
DAV ā€“ Past Junior Vice Commander of chapter #93
DAV -Past Adjutant #93
VFW ā€“ Past National Legislative Captain

National Legislative DAV

I want to thank! The National Legislative Office ā€” DAV for giving me a chance to express a concern:

If you have been waiting months for your VA benefits to get approved or denied. The VA needs to make better efforts to the veterans in making sure that not only are they being heard but the VA,are being more personable to the veteran. This is not happening and it is a (red-flag for veterans) in finding out what is happening in their case for benefits.

I would like the VA to give a ((time-frame)) on the status of their case so the veterans can better prepare for the delays. The time frame doesnā€™t have to say the exact date but a respectful idea, is all. The letter should say more than what is being sent to the veterans. I got a letter 17th June 2015, We are still processing your application for COMPENSATION. We apologize for the delay. You will be notified upon the completion of process? This is to impersonal and should be unacceptable to the veteransā€¦

This ā€œgeneric letterā€ tells the veteran nothing and creates distance from the VA to the veteran. This is not the way to do business and not how, our government should care for itā€™s veterans.

I would like this problem addressed immediately and (put to motion on to the floor) for consideration, at the national level for new legislationā€¦ I would furthermore, like to see a resolution be established from this message. Thank you, so much for giving me the opportunity to suggest a (new idea for veterans healthcare.) Sirā€™s and Madamā€™s of the DAV lets get the motion carried on this new reform seconded the motion and consider this as a (New Resolution) under new business.

Best Regards,

Eddie W. Verdon
DAV ā€“ Past Junior Vice Commander of chapter #93
DAV -Past Adjutant #93
VFW ā€“ Past National Legislative Captain
First off, thank you for your service, secondly; you received a letter apologizing for the delay? You did one better than me when I first applied.
There are other more pressing issues to worry about than getting a "kind" letter from the VA, maybe you should focus on how to speed up getting actual service once the approval process is completed (funding to add more medical and clerical personnel), petitioning the VA to add Chiropractic procedures to the list of covered treatments. :thup:

I took care of all my VA paperwork 25 years ago.

Been on insurance thru either my place of work, or my wife's.

Forum List

Back