Grandmothers Lie, Too

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
The insurance industry wrote HillaryCare I. That is why everything about then-First Lady Hillary Clinton’s secret task force was kept a secret. The insurance industry also wrote HillaryCare II. I think everybody knows why the details in the ACA remained a secret until after it was passed.

Next:

The multimillion-dollar deals cut with Sen. Ben Nelson (D-Neb.) and others to win the 60 votes needed for the historic health care reform bill gave President Barack Obama the margin he needed to fulfill a central campaign promise — but may also have upped the ante for future presidential horse trading.

The list of payoffs that got Reid his cloture vote
posted at 12:15 pm on December 22, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

The list of payoffs that got Reid his cloture vote Hot Air

After Nelson left the Senate:

Nelson returns to the insurance world after serving as executive vice president and chief of staff for the NAIC from 1982 to 1985 and director of the Nebraska Department of Insurance in 1975. Nelson, who retired from the Senate after two terms, was also two-term governor of Nebraska from 1990 to 1998.

Ex-Sen. Ben Nelson to lead insurance commissioners group
By JASON MILLMAN | 1/23/13 4:38 AM EST

Ex-Sen. Ben Nelson to lead insurance commissioners group - Jason Millman - POLITICO.com

Now comes this:

Former Obamacare chief to lead top insurance lobby
By Paige Winfield Cunningham • 7/15/15 2:15 PM •Updated: 07/15/15 2:02 PM

Former Obamacare chief to lead top insurance lobby Washington Examiner

The insurance industry is responsible for the UNAFFORDABLE CARE ACT. Wall Street crooks and insurance industry executives are the only ones who can afford it.

Historians will never know how many Americans believe whatever Hillary Clinton tells them. She may not be the youngest candidate in the race, but she sure as hell is the biggest liar:

After looking at Clinton’s long involvement with the insurance industry, Democrats cannot be dumb enough to believe she is for:

. . . regulating Wall Street.​

It is impossible to regulate Wall Street without first breaking the insurance industry’s grip on the ACA.

Throughout Clinton’s career she has been working for everybody at the top. To believe she had a change of heart, you have to believe that a dozen or so billionaires are the only people at the top she is going after:

Speaking on New York's Roosevelt Island, with Manhattan's skyscrapers as a backdrop, Clinton promised to "make the economy work for everyday Americans, not just those at the top" if elected president.

US | Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:26am EDT

Clinton pitches to working Americans at presidential campaign rally
NEW YORK | By Jonathan Allen

Clinton pitches to working Americans at presidential campaign rally Reuters

Do you think a media mouth will ever ask her where insurance industry executives are on the economic ladder!

Finally, to be fair the dough Clinton made on cattle futures came from the Chicago Mercantile Exchange —— before she got involved with real crooks on Wall Street.

Hillary Rodham Clinton was allowed to order 10 cattle futures contracts, normally a $12,000 investment, in her first commodity trade in 1978 although she had only $1,000 in her account at the time, according to trade records the White House released yesterday.

Hillary Clinton Futures Trades Detailed
By Charles R. Babcock
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, May 27, 1994; Page A01

Washingtonpost.com Hillary Clinton Futures Trades Detailed

The insurance industry wrote HillaryCare I. That is why everything about then-First Lady Hillary Clinton’s secret task force was kept a secret. The insurance industry also wrote HillaryCare II. I think everybody knows why the details in the ACA remained a secret until after it was passed.
Whoever becomes the Republican party candidate, I hope he can unearth the details of Hillary’s secret task force:

730x420-c2d0d0081bfcbac29c44da8a9afb1827.jpg

In a May 2010 email, Neera Tanden, who served as a policy adviser to Clinton's 2008 campaign and heads the influential liberal group Center for American Progress, wrote of what she termed "super secret" negotiations over the healthcare law. (AP File Photo/Mel Evans)
http://cdn.washingtonexaminer.biz/cache/730x420-c2d0d0081bfcbac29c44da8a9afb1827.jpg

Email hints at Hillary Clinton's secret role in crafting Obamacare
By Philip Klein • 12/31/15 6:50 PM

Email hints at Hillary Clinton's secret role in crafting Obamacare

NOTE: All of the people who were willing participants in Hillary Clinton’s crimes and lies, in addition to the snakes who fed on Bill Clinton Administrations, will slither out from under their rocks with more political power than they ever dreamed of should she somehow win the general election.

It wasn't a secret. FOXNews just told you it was.

It wasn't secret at all. No conspiracy. Just in-your-face hypocrisy.

It wasn't secret at all. No conspiracy. Just in-your-face hypocrisy.

It's true if you compare the different versions (as you can here: Text of H.R. 3590 (111th): Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Passed Congress/Enrolled Bill version) - GovTrack.us), the number and types of changes demanded by Congress did seem that way.

To Arianrhod: Maybe you can tell me who was on Hillary’s task force? How many were they? What was their backgrounds in healthcare? How much were they paid?

Incidentally, who wrote the ACA was a secret until after it was too late:

Last edited:
To Arianrhod: Maybe you can tell me who was on Hillary’s task force? How many were they? What was their backgrounds in healthcare? How much were they paid?

If it was a secret, it was poorly kept. Many of us were raising hell, pointing out just what you're outlining above, during the horse-trading. It's not that I don't agree with you, that the entire process is drenched in corruption. But the problem isn't that they keep it a secret. It's that so many voters are willing to turn a blind eye to it.

It was no secret to those of us who were paying attention. But you just keep clinging to your precious sound bite.

It was no secret to those of us who were paying attention. But you just keep clinging to your precious sound bite.
To Arianrhod: Every so often I did some research trying to find out who was on Hillary’s secret task force hoping the details would finally be released. I never found anything. Perhaps, I just looked in the wrong places. This article from earlier THIS YEAR is informative, but it does not provide the information I seek:

NLPC was a plaintiff in the successful 1993 lawsuit to open the meetings and records of the task force. A good historical account of the task force, and the fight over its proposals, can be found in a 1996 book titled The First Lady: A Comprehensive View of Hillary Rodham Clinton, that I co-wrote with my brother Timothy. Here is Chapter Nine titled “Health Care:”

XXXXX

One week later on March 10, Judge Lamberth ruled that the task force had to open its meetings to the plaintiffs and the media. This time, the media took notice and the judge's ruling was front-page news. The New York Times called the ruling a "rebuff to the President." USA Today reported it was "embarrassing." In reality, it was a split decision, and would have little impact on the operation of the task force. Lamberth ruled that the "official" members of the task force, meaning the First Lady and the Cabinet Secretaries who comprised its membership, could not meet in secret because Hillary was not a government employee. But Lamberth also ruled that all the other people working on the plan, who were organized into "sub-groups" could continue to work in secret, because FACA was never meant to apply to staff. Of course, Lamberth was relying on Magaziner's false representation that all the sub-group participants were government employees.​

Heath Care Task Force Showed Hillary's Penchant for Secrecy
Submitted by Peter Flaherty on Wed, 03/18/2015 - 13:17

Heath Care Task Force Showed Hillary's Penchant for Secrecy | National Legal and Policy Center

I still do not know the names, salaries, and backgrounds, of the people in the “sub-groups”. If you are better at research than I, you can prove me wrong by providing the names, etc. or the links.

To Arianrhod: Every so often I did some research trying to find out who was on Hillary’s secret task force hoping the details would finally be released. I never found anything. Perhaps, I just looked in the wrong places. This article from earlier THIS YEAR is informative, but it does not provide the information I seek:

NLPC was a plaintiff in the successful 1993 lawsuit to open the meetings and records of the task force. A good historical account of the task force, and the fight over its proposals, can be found in a 1996 book titled The First Lady: A Comprehensive View of Hillary Rodham Clinton, that I co-wrote with my brother Timothy. Here is Chapter Nine titled “Health Care:”

XXXXX

One week later on March 10, Judge Lamberth ruled that the task force had to open its meetings to the plaintiffs and the media. This time, the media took notice and the judge's ruling was front-page news. The New York Times called the ruling a "rebuff to the President." USA Today reported it was "embarrassing." In reality, it was a split decision, and would have little impact on the operation of the task force. Lamberth ruled that the "official" members of the task force, meaning the First Lady and the Cabinet Secretaries who comprised its membership, could not meet in secret because Hillary was not a government employee. But Lamberth also ruled that all the other people working on the plan, who were organized into "sub-groups" could continue to work in secret, because FACA was never meant to apply to staff. Of course, Lamberth was relying on Magaziner's false representation that all the sub-group participants were government employees.​

Heath Care Task Force Showed Hillary's Penchant for Secrecy | National Legal and Policy Center

I still do not know the names, salaries, and backgrounds, of the people in the “sub-groups”. If you are better at research than I, you can prove me wrong by providing the names, etc. or the links.

(A) This would be a great subject for either the Politics or the Conspiracy forum.

(B) I'm not interested in proving you wrong.

XXXXX

(A) This would be a great subject for either the Politics or the Conspiracy forum.

Why would you be? There's little to prove. Apart from relatively unimportant detail of whether it was a secret or not, there's really no disputing the OP. ACA was the epitome of quid-pro-quo government. Obama even bragged about bringing all the "major players to the table" to divvy up the spoils. Big Pharma, Doctors and Hospitals, and of course the major insurance corporations, were all invited to bargain for their favorite carve outs. Apparently, the only major interest group not in on the action was the American voter.

XXXXX

Why would you be? There's little to prove. Apart from relatively unimportant detail of whether it was a secret or not, there's really no disputing the OP. ACA was the epitome of quid-pro-quo government. Obama even bragged about bringing all the "major players to the table" to divvy up the spoils. Big Pharma, Doctors and Hospitals, and of course the major insurance corporations, were all invited to bargain for their favorite carve outs. Apparently, the only major interest group not in on the action was the American voter.

I would be for a reasonable poster. Someone peddling conspiracy theories is of no interest to me.

XXXXX

I would be for a reasonable poster. Someone peddling conspiracy theories is of no interest to me.

How is it a conspiracy theory? I thought you agreed that none of this was secret?

To Arianrhod: Ah! The conspiracy cop out raises its ugly head whenever facts bury liberals. You would look better if you said the History forum or the Law forum. Hillary’s secret task force was all
about healthcare 17 years before the sewer rat signed Hillarycare II into law.

To Arianrhod: You wouldn’t be trying to bullshit the troops would you? You would crow from now until doomsday if you could prove me wrong.
To dblack: Thank you for pointing that out.
To Arianrhod: That’s your story and you’re sticking with it.
How is it a conspiracy theory? I thought you agreed that none of this was secret?
To dblack: Good catch. I missed it.

You wouldn’t be trying to bullshit the troops would you? You would crow from now until doomsday if you could prove me wrong.

This best indicates my level of concern:

cat-yawning.gif

Exactly. It's apathetic voters who enable the corporate sellout.

Who said anything about voting? Voting does not require me to buy into every RW poster's slant on reality.

??? We're talking about ACA. Try to focus.

You wouldn’t be trying to bullshit the troops would you? You would crow from now until doomsday if you could prove me wrong.

This best indicates my level of concern:

cat-yawning.gif

Exactly. It's apathetic voters who enable the corporate sellout.

Who said anything about voting? Voting does not require me to buy into every RW poster's slant on reality.

??? We're talking about ACA. Try to focus.

Your focus seems to be on equating my indifference to Flanders' posts with voting.

Feel free to get back to discussing the PPACA instead of his Hillaryphobia.

Forum List

Back