Very good news about Fox "News!"

My dog, when it was like 40 degrees and the water still cold as hell went in the water and swam after it. Luckily I had him on a leash. But he just sat there as far out as he could with just his head sticking out of the water smelling and watching it. WANTING IT so bad. LOL.

I took him in the house after we were done. I can't believe he basically polar bear clubbed it because he saw that critter.

I remember one time when he was younger he ran into one in the park. The thing turned and faced him and he doesn't bite hard so the battle was on. It nipped him a couple times and later I saw it drew blood. He's such a pussy. He's a PBGV. If you don't know what that is google it and watch Dogs 101 PBGV. Best dog ever. I hunt deer and it turns out they are great trackers. Best dog ever! LOL. So cute. Small but scruffy. He attacks all the bigger dogs at the dog park. Well, not all of them. Just the timid ones. But some of them get pissed and show teeth then he yelps like a little bitch. So funny. At the park last week this woman came in with her puppy and a golf club. My god attacked it and she wacked him. I didn't get too mad he deserved it and she didn't wack him that hard.

Funny side story. I told a guy this story and he said, "no one would ever do that to my dog". 15 minutes later his dog is playing with this asian guys dog and for whatever reason the asian guy thought his dog was getting too aggressive, he wasn't, and the asian guy wacked his dog 5 or 6 times with his chuckit. He didn't do shit. He said something to the guy but I said something too.

Lesson I learned was people talk shit until shit happens then they don't do shit. LOL.
That's a very cool dog. Probably similar in temperament to one of my "sleeper" breeds...soft coated wheaten terrier. Met a couple and really like them.

I hunted for quail near the Cape decades ago....the woods would be teeming with spaniels and griffons.

When Zulu (125 lbs) would appear, the others couldn't figure out whether to piss their pants or shoot him.

He was an instinctive hunter. Never spent a second training him. I will never know how he figured out what we were looking for - pheasant, duck, quail, timberdoodles...

On one occasion we went to a preserve with a guy who had highly trained spaniels - and he objected to Zulu's unorthodox approach...so we swept the field with his wonder dogs.

When we were done, I let Zulu run - and he beelined it to a pheasant.

Yes, I gloated...

That's a very cool dog. Probably similar in temperament to one of my "sleeper" breeds...soft coated wheaten terrier. Met a couple and really like them.

I hunted for quail near the Cape decades ago....the woods would be teeming with spaniels and griffons.

When Zulu (125 lbs) would appear, the others couldn't figure out whether to piss their pants or shoot him.

He was an instinctive hunter. Never spent a second training him. I will never know how he figured out what we were looking for - pheasant, duck, quail, timberdoodles...

On one occasion we went to a preserve with a guy who had highly trained spaniels - and he objected to Zulu's unorthodox approach...so we swept the field with his wonder dogs.

When we were done, I let Zulu run - and he beelined it to a pheasant.

Yes, I gloated...

That's what the G stands for Griffon. Petite Basset Griffon Vendene. I'm spelling it wrong of course. Petite is small, Basset you know, Griffon you know, and Vendene is the town in France that made them.

Here we go

Petit Basset Griffon Vendéen

Not my dog but looks just like him

pbgv1.jpg

That's what the G stands for Griffon. Petite Basset Griffon Vendene. I'm spelling it wrong of course. Petite is small, Basset you know, Griffon you know, and Vendene is the town in France that made them.

Here we go

Petit Basset Griffon Vendéen

Not my dog but looks just like him

pbgv1.jpg
Like doodles, they have eyebrows that sweep up from the nostrils.

Forum List

Back