Very Disturbing!: Obama Thanks Muslims 'For Building The Very Fabric Of Our Nation'

In the United States, Eid also reminds us of the many achievements and contributions of Muslim Americans to building the very fabric of our nation and strengthening the core of our democracy.

Such as...?

What are you, Rip Van Winkle? Don't you understand liberals?

Truth or falsity is immaterial to a liberal. What counts is imagery. Obama is painted a supportive and affirming portrait of Muslim-Americans. Truth and historical accuracy just get in the way of his task.

If he had to rely on truth and historical accuracy, he'd have to remain mute.

Unquestionably, Muslims have made an impact on the evolution of American society. Historically Muslims have made major contribution, e.g. humanities, the sciences, and art. They explored North America 300 years before the so-called "discovery" of the New World by Christopher Columbus. They used the Mississippi river as their access route to and from the continent's interior. Here are a few glimpses of Muslim life in American History:

American Muslim History

I applaud President Obama for paying tribute to Muslims during their holy time of year.

He mocks people who start a business and build it up.
But Muslims built this country?

He didn't say 'Muslims built this country'. He said this:

In the United States, Eid also reminds us of the many achievements and contributions of Muslim Americans to building the very fabric of our nation and strengthening the core of our democracy.

Statement by the President on the Occasion of Eid-al-Fitr | The White House

It helps if you read the actual quote rather than the Breitbart headline. And of course, Obama is hardly alone in this sentiment:

"Here in the United States our Muslim citizens are making many contributions in business, science and law, medicine and education, and in other fields. Muslim members of our Armed Forces and of my administration are serving their fellow Americans with distinction, upholding our nation's ideals of liberty and justice in a world at peace."

....."Over the past month, Muslims have fasted, taking no food or water during daylight hours, in order to refocus their minds on faith and redirect their hearts to charity. Muslims worldwide have stretched out a hand of mercy to those in need. Charity tables at which the poor can break their fast line the streets of cities and towns. And gifts of food and clothing and money are distributed to ensure that all share in God's abundance. Muslims often invite members of other families to their evening iftar meals, demonstrating a spirit of tolerance."

....."America treasures the relationship we have with our many Muslim friends, and we respect the vibrant faith of Islam which inspires countless individuals to lead lives of honesty, integrity, and morality. This year, may Eid also be a time in which we recognize the values of progress, pluralism, and acceptance that bind us together as a Nation and a global community. By working together to advance mutual understanding, we point the way to a brighter future for all."

....."Islam brings hope and comfort to millions of people in my country, and to more than a billion people worldwide. Ramadan is also an occasion to remember that Islam gave birth to a rich civilization of learning that has benefited mankind."

George Bush, 2002

And that's just from one speech! Where were conservatives soiling themselves with panty shitting hysterics over Bush and how 'disturbing' and 'evil, just evil' it was to acknowledge the contributions and achievements of Muslims?

Um......no where. They didn't say a thing. So we can rule out the statement itself as the impetus for such weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Can you imagine how utterly your ilk would lose their fucking minds if Obama made this statement:

"The Islam that we know is a faith devoted to the worship of one God, as revealed through The Holy Qur'an. It teaches the value and the importance of charity, mercy, and peace."

George Bush, November 2001

Yet republicans didn't say shit. Apparently their standards are ephemeral, flitty little things that only apply when its convenient. Or when they want to work themselves into a frothing lather of mock outrage for no particular reason.

Yet republicans didn't say shit.

Appealing to your imagination is not really a winning debate tactic. I was reading conservative blogs when Bush made that statement and people were in an uproar about it.

Unquestionably, Muslims have made an impact on the evolution of American society.
True. 9-11 did have quite an impact.

Historically Muslims have made major contribution, e.g. humanities, the sciences, and art:
:lol:
List these contributions and show how they contributed to buidling the very fabric of our nation and strengthenied the core of our democracy

They explored North America 300 years before the so-called "discovery" of the New World by Christopher Columbus.
:lol:
These were not American Muslims, presuming for a humorous moment that these things actually happened.

The scientific responses to such pre-Columbian-contact claims range from occasional consideration in peer-reviewed publications to dismissal as fringe science or pseudoarcheology.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-Columbian_trans-oceanic_contact

So much for that presumption.

Last edited:
does quoting Red Flag News send up any red flags for you ?

just remain stupid, it suits you.

There are a lot of sources for Obama's speech. He said it. Why do some always dismiss the substance of the article by attacking the source instead of discussing what was actually said.

Obama is praising them for building something, even though he snapped at business owners ages ago that they didn't build anything.

Why do they deserve praise from Obama for building our country? I don't recall them in the history books regarding the founding and building of America. They did do some renovations to the World Trade center.

Appealing to your imagination is not really a winning debate tactic. I was reading conservative blogs when Bush made that statement and people were in an uproar about it.

Can you show me where conservatives were ranting about how 'disturbing' and 'evil' it was, how Bush 'gives praise to the Muslims instead of our founding fathers, how 'it takes a muslim to see a long and distinguished history of muslims in this country' and demonstrated that Bush was a 'muslim convert'?

Because I'd love to see it. I'm pretty sure you're gonna have a hard time with that.

And that's just from one speech! Where were conservatives soiling themselves with panty shitting hysterics over Bush and how 'disturbing' and 'evil, just evil' it was to acknowledge the contributions and achievements of Muslims?

Um......no where. They didn't say a thing.
Because GWB ddin't make the same claim. :dunno:
What GWB said in undoubtedly true; what The Obama said cannot be deomstrated.

Can you imagine how utterly your ilk would lose their fucking minds if Obama made this statement:

"The Islam that we know is a faith devoted to the worship of one God, as revealed through The Holy Qur'an. It teaches the value and the importance of charity, mercy, and peace."
If The Obama did say that, it would be one of the few times He told the truth.

Can you show me where conservatives were ranting about how 'disturbing' and 'evil' it was, how Bush 'gives praise to the Muslims instead of our founding fathers, how 'it takes a muslim to see a long and distinguished history of muslims in this country' and demonstrated that Bush was a 'muslim convert'?

Because I'd love to see it. I'm pretty sure you're gonna have a hard time with that.

Yeah, I'm going to have a hard time satisfying your ever escalating and changing demands. Now you've magically inserted the claim that Bush is a Muslim Convert. Do you think that every member of this board is an idiot and can't see through your tactics.

Look, do your own research. You know the date when Bush made the remark so search out archived blogs with comments for articles about that news and read away.

This is another reason why the framers of the constitutions presidential clause, Article 2 Section 1, changed its wording and implemented that a president should be a natural born Citizen. It was done so a person that would be president would have sole allegiance to the United States being born to two U.S. citizen parents in order to prevent foreign influence on the office.

Actually, the founders didn't define natural born citizenship in the Constitution as requiring two citizen parents. They didn't define it as the term was already well understood as being those that were born in the United States. The 'two parents' requirement you're speaking was only for those born outside the US.

What we are experiencing with Obama is the result of being born of a father who was a Muslim as well as his step father in Indonesia making Obama devout of American ideals and respect for our founders and founding principles.

He's 'devout' of American ideals and respect for the founding principles, huh? Freudian slip much?

And Obama's father was a self proclaimed athiest....who Obama never knew to any significant degree. He was raised by his Christian mother, Christian grandmother and Christian grandfather.

Obama in his book “Audacity of Hope” he writes: “I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”

Nope. This is the actual quote:

In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

Read more at snopes.com: Obama Racism Quotes

He refers to Arab and Pakistani Americans. And he's saying he would stand with them against internment camps. Which any American not steeped in hateful bigotry should agree with, as opposition to internment camps transcends party or political ideology.

He is not only doing that but giving these type people credit for building the fabric of our nation...........something they did not do.

George Bush said otherwise:

"Here in the United States our Muslim citizens are making many contributions in business, science and law, medicine and education, and in other fields. Muslim members of our Armed Forces and of my administration are serving their fellow Americans with distinction, upholding our nation's ideals of liberty and justice in a world at peace."

....."Over the past month, Muslims have fasted, taking no food or water during daylight hours, in order to refocus their minds on faith and redirect their hearts to charity. Muslims worldwide have stretched out a hand of mercy to those in need. Charity tables at which the poor can break their fast line the streets of cities and towns. And gifts of food and clothing and money are distributed to ensure that all share in God's abundance. Muslims often invite members of other families to their evening iftar meals, demonstrating a spirit of tolerance."

....."America treasures the relationship we have with our many Muslim friends, and we respect the vibrant faith of Islam which inspires countless individuals to lead lives of honesty, integrity, and morality. This year, may Eid also be a time in which we recognize the values of progress, pluralism, and acceptance that bind us together as a Nation and a global community. By working together to advance mutual understanding, we point the way to a brighter future for all."

....."Islam brings hope and comfort to millions of people in my country, and to more than a billion people worldwide. Ramadan is also an occasion to remember that Islam gave birth to a rich civilization of learning that has benefited mankind."

George Bush, 2002

Was GW a 'secret muslim' too?

This is the result of a non-natural born Citizen who's birth in 1961 was governed by the British Act Of 1948 due to his father being a British subject whos allegiance was to the British Crown.

He was born in the US. That makes a natural born US citizen. As President Chester Arthur makes ridiculously clear, it doesn't matter where your Dad was born. It matters where you are born. Natural born status is based on place of birth. As the USSC recognized more than 100 years ago:

The Constitution nowhere defines the meaning of these words, either by way of inclusion or of exclusion, except insofar as this is done by the affirmative declaration that "all persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States." In this as in other respects, it must be interpreted in the light of the common law, the principles and history of which were familiarly known to the framers of the Constitution....

.....The fundamental principle of the common law with regard to English nationality was birth within the allegiance, also called "ligealty," "obedience," "faith," or "power" of the King. The principle embraced all persons born within the King's allegiance and subject to his protection. Such allegiance and protection were mutual -- as expressed in the maxim protectio trahit subjectionem, et subjectio protectionem -- and were not restricted to natural-born subjects and naturalized subjects, or to those who had taken an oath of allegiance, but were predicable of aliens in amity so long as they were within the kingdom. Children, born in England, of such aliens were therefore natural-born subjects.

United States v. Wong Kim Ark (1898)
Ted Cruz, for example, is a natural born citizen of Canada. Not just because his father was Canadian, but because he was born in Canada. Likewise, Obama is a natural born citizen of the United States. Not just because his mother was American, but because he was born in the United States.

There's only two kinds of citizenship: natural born and naturalized. Natural born is a citizen at birth. Naturalized is citizenship after birth. And Obama was a citizen at birth.
He was never Constitutionally eligible for the presidency and we are paying a severe price for it as he is destroying our sovereignty.

Wrong. He was always constitutionally eligible to be president. As for 'destroying our sovereignty', you're being a little melodramatic, don't you think?

Yeah, I'm going to have a hard time satisfying your ever escalating and changing demands. Now you've magically inserted the claim that Bush is a Muslim Convert. Do you think that every member of this board is an idiot and can't see through your tactics.

Look, do your own research. You know the date when Bush made the remark so search out archived blogs with comments for articles about that news and read away.

The 'ever escalating and changing demands' are merely those set by the OP and other conservatives in regard to Obama. Almost every 'condition' I've set for you is directly from the OP. I didn't write them. I merely transcribed them.

If its the *statements* that motivate that kind of hysteric vitriol among conservatives, then you should be able to easily show us similarly nonsense spewed by conservatives at Bush after he made his Eid speech in 2002.

Good luck with that.

He gives praise to the Muslims instead of our founding fathers. Muslims today only count for less than 2% of the population. This is another reason why the framers of the constitutions presidential clause, Article 2 Section 1, changed its wording and implemented that a president should be a natural born Citizen. It was done so a person that would be president would have sole allegiance to the United States being born to two U.S. citizen parents in order to prevent foreign influence on the office. What we are experiencing with Obama is the result of being born of a father who was a Muslim as well as his step father in Indonesia making Obama devout of American ideals and respect for our founders and founding principles. Obama in his book “Audacity of Hope” he writes: “I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.” He is not only doing that but giving these type people credit for building the fabric of our nation...........something they did not do. This is the result of a non-natural born Citizen who's birth in 1961 was governed by the British Act Of 1948 due to his father being a British subject whos allegiance was to the British Crown. He was never Constitutionally eligible for the presidency and we are paying a severe price for it as he is destroying our sovereignty.

UNBELIEVABLE AND DISTURBING -- Obama Thanks Muslims For ?Building The Very Fabric Of Our Nation?? | RedFlagNews.com

Via White House website:

"As Muslims throughout the United States and around the world celebrate Eid-al-Fitr, Michelle and I extend our warmest wishes to them and their families. This last month has been a time of fasting, reflection, spiritual renewal, and service to the less fortunate. While Eid marks the completion of Ramadan, it also celebrates the common values that unite us in our humanity and reinforces the obligations that people of all faiths have to each other, especially those impacted by poverty, conflict, and disease.

In the United States, Eid also reminds us of the many achievements and contributions of Muslim Americans to building the very fabric of our nation and strengthening the core of our democracy. That is why we stand with people of all faiths, here at home and around the world, to protect and advance their rights to prosper, and we welcome their commitment to giving back to their communities.

On behalf of the Administration, we wish Muslims in the United States and around the world a blessed and joyous celebration. Eid Mubarak."

This should sum up what Obama truly is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMUgNg7aD8M

Obama_Tears_Islamic_Prayer.jpg

Even if he was Muslim what would be your point? Are we not the land of the Free? Or are we a land of forced religion?

Your Bigotry is comical and spits in the face of our Constitution.

The reason CHRISTIANS moved to America was because of Bigotry against us. How dumb do you have to be to repeat this hate process even in the face of the Bible and the Constitution? Absolute ignorance....

You are scared because you were taught to be scared of people that are different than you, just like I was. But smart people learn the difference between a color, a belief and/or a threat.

OP- Enjoy hell, racist hater dupe! lol

franko why do you bother?
we all know there isn't a damn thing Obama can say or do that you disagree with so why not just continue praying at his shine you have of him

Forum List

Back