Vehicle violence kills 100 americans every DAY! Why don't libs demand car control?

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
That's right. 100 every DAY!!! Killed by speeders, drunk drivers, text-drivers, red-light runners etc in easily prevented highway crashes. A little thing like lowering speed limits to 55 would save 5,000 lives a year and save us billions of dollars. But libs say only gun deaths count.

• Banned
Libs care nothing about saving lives. They want guns banned because they are fascists who want govt in charge of everything and know that only armed citizens can stand up to such govt tyranny.

Gun control is people control.

I'm very much a supporter of our 2nd amendment rights, but I get tired of this "car control" argument every time there is a mass shooting. It's just a dumb argument. We have car control. A LOT of it. Getting a license is essentially a background check. Then try driving without insurance. Registration. Inspection. Then we have emissions regulations, traffic violations, speed limits. Vehicles are probably the most regulated thing in our society.

Idiotic premise, as usual.

Let's consider a few things.

Cars are regulated. One needs to prove competence in order to obtain a driver's license. Another requirement is auto insurance. An annual registration and fee is required. Licenses can be revoked or suspended. Operating a car under the influence is a criminal offense.

Can any of those requirements be said of guns? Perhaps they should.

No law is a panacea. Automobile deaths will not suddenly halt as a result of legislation. But who could argue that legislation has not been effective in reducing automobile deaths? Could the same be said about guns?

And presuming there is a nefarious political angle in the debate betrays a curiously inept and shallow mind at work.

Last edited:
Don't angry black birds kill about 1000 people daily worldwide? Haven't we all seen the movie classic..."The Birds"??....maybe liberals need to ban black birds too?

I'm very much a supporter of our 2nd amendment rights, but I get tired of this "car control" argument every time there is a mass shooting. It's just a dumb argument. We have car control. A LOT of it. Getting a license is essentially a background check.

HAHAHA. Did you really say that.?? There is no background check for buying a car.. A convicted murderer can leave prison and buy all the cars he wants!!

I'm very much a supporter of our 2nd amendment rights, but I get tired of this "car control" argument every time there is a mass shooting. It's just a dumb argument. We have car control. A LOT of it. Getting a license is essentially a background check. Then try driving without insurance. Registration. Inspection. Then we have emissions regulations, traffic violations, speed limits. Vehicles are probably the most regulated thing in our society.
It's not about car control, it's about car banning. Lefties think cars kill, not bad drivers.

Forum List

Back