Vegas weatherman loses his job for on-air "slip"......

Gem said:
Give me a break, guys! No one, unless they are a card-carrying member of the KKK is going to do something this stupid. It was a mixup and people who WANTED to hear him say "COON" heard it. He should have given an on-air apology for the misperception and been done with it.

He did apologize and said that he misread the prompter and said Kong yet they still fired him.

I was watching channel 5 last night (the channel the guy flubbed on) and they were covering one of his black friends that is sticking up for him. There are two things that are rubbing me wrong on this entire thing:

1) The broadcast he made the "error" in was taped.

How did it get through the editors and producers?

2) The station that it happened on, won't release the tape.

That tells me he probably did say "Kong" and now they are covering their ass for firing him.

no1tovote4 said:
At least then the evidence would be available to the public for perusal.

I agree. Last night on the local news, they were showing the communities black "leaders" ranting and raving about the guy and how horrible it was what he said, did etc. Then they went on a rant about how blacks are underrepresented in the newsrooms in general. When the lone black man that was defending the weatherman would try to say anything, they would shut him down. I believe the incident should be released as it is really beginning to sound like a witch-hunt to me. The more they refuse to release the tape, the more I am sure they are wrong in their actions.

Now a little side note.... Of course I have no way of truly knowing if the weather guy is gay or not. But I do know from watching him in the past, he does have a bit of "sugar" in his pants. He is VERY feminine (a matter-of-fact, the one black guy that was defending him, claims to be a close personal friend and he too looked/appeared to be gay so I am fairly confident my thoughts about the weather guy are right). Anyway, the local TV station better be careful, cuz if I were him and he really did say "Kong", I would sue their pants off and claim they fired me cuz I am gay. I think the TV station, in their haste to satiate the minority community, might have just cost themselves a few million bucks in a lawsuit.

Forum List

Back