CAIR Having Hissy Fits Over 24

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
I guess that is enough reason to watch. FOX sort of caves to them. It's the best thing on tv other than the news. Note to self: get those past seasons on DVD:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=797&ncid=799&e=4&u=/eo/20050116/en_tv_eo/15718

The latest season of the Fox drama, which kicked off a week ago, stars Kiefer Sutherland as special agent Bauer. His latest race against the clock to save the world from terrorism has angered America's Muslim community by its portrayal of a Muslim family as a sleeper cell at the heart of a dastardly plot.

Rabiah Ahmed, spokeswoman for the Council on American-Islamic Relations, told Broadcasting and Cable that the show is "taking everyday American Muslim families and making them suspects...It's very dangerous and very disturbing."

In response to the complaints, the network has agreed to a modest mea culpa--offering a public service spot to its affiliates that depicts the American Muslim community in a positive light.

This is a really good show. I have watched every season so far and will continue watching until they cave to the Liberal complaints or until Keifer gets fired and they try to replace him with some half-assed actor with no skills.

As for their complaints it is Art following reality, not Art making it up. If they don't like what the show is showing to people they need to get out and get Muslims to stop doing this. Not showing it on TV isn't going to change the perception, action to stop it will.

Next season on 24:
Watch as a Swedish sleeper cell sneaks into average American houses in the middle of the night and sets up furniture. Watch in horror as they don't tighten the screws fully. We can't give away the ending but suffice it to say that someone's back WILL get hurt!

Yeah, not QUITE as scary! I'm with you no1tovote4, it isn't exactly like the script writers pulled the whole "Muslim sleeper cell" bit out of thin air.

Forum List

Back