Vegas weatherman loses his job for on-air "slip"......

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by freeandfun1, Jan 17, 2005.

1. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Weatherman loses job for on-air 'slip'

2. JOKER96BRAVO

JOKER96BRAVO Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +285
  3. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I didn't see it, but I wonder if he really did mis-read King as Kong off the card (mistakes happen all the time) or if he did say "coon".

4. JOKER96BRAVO

JOKER96BRAVO Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +285
    I hope he doesn't live near a black neighborhood.
    Good thing my wife doesn't know him.

5. Trigg

Trigg Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I wonder if he'll sue to get his position back. After all they how do they prove it wasn't a slip of the tongue.

Honestly though after hearing about it my husband and I thought he had probably made a joke about King's name earlier and it slipped out during the broadcast.

6. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    That is what I guessed too.... a slip based on an earlier "joke"

7. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616

Freudian Slip.

I can't believe there are people that still talk that way in this world. They wouldn't survive in my workplace.

8. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    It's amazing that we have come so far... to stigmatize and fire a person at will... for saying things that are not considered "acceptable" or "PC".

True, these descriptions are in utter bad taste, and people should be chastised as for any bad behavior...especially those in the media...but to destroy a man's living for a one-time offense? That seems a little extreme to me. I think it says more about the critics than it does about the ignoramous insulter who at least tried to make amends.

The Left gets very riled up when anyone makes any bad remark about their "pet projects" of race or sex...but then you take a look at what the Left says and writes in the media about their perceived enemies....such as Bush...the many very offensive insults and horrendous name-calling that sometimes goes beyond the pale...

You gotta wonder...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    Anyone ever watch News Radio when Phil Hartman was still on it?

There was an episode where they kept having to pull Andy Dick's character (i forget his name) off the air, because he kept mispronouncing Joey Butafuco's (sp?) last name, saying he can't say "that word" on the air...instead of saying it "But-a-foo-co"...he kept saying "But-a-fuck-o"...he apparently didn't understand what mistake he was making.

Does anyone really think that this guy said it on purpose? Has anyone else NEVER made a mistake while talking? Everyone else must be so perfect and articulate. Sheesh...let it go.

10. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    I agree with fuzzy, this is a truly pathetic example of the pc police going too far.

Think carefully, haven't you EVER said a word incorrectly...haven't you EVER meant to say one word and actually said another...EVER?

Are we really to believe that this guy was so racist that he was willing to get fired from a difficult to get postion in order to call MLK a racist name?

I'm sorry, but I don't even buy that he "slipped" because of a racist joke he was telling earlier...I think he mispronouced something because he was speaking quickly and trying to get all the words out...

Hate to get all linguistic on you guys, but if you say Martin Luther King quickly, your mouth can get caught up on the Luther, which can make King sound longer...more like Kong. Just like the guy said.

A few days ago, Ted Kennedy called Barak Obama, "Osama Bin Laden, I mean Osamabama, I mean Barak Osamaba...." He laughed and said that he was trying to say Barak Obama...but messed up because they were talking about terrorism....

Obviously, according to the standard we held this poor weatherman to, what Kennedy REALLY did was show us all that he considers any non-white person a terrorist. He should be made to step down from his senatorial seat immediately.

The fact we allow these sorts of things to occur is disgusting.