Vegans! What do you think of them?

I my opinion.... do what you want as an adult... but putting or having a child on that type of diet is child abuse.
And doing so to a normally meat-eating animal is abusive as well.

Every once in a while I'll see these self-righteous pricks come into the vet with their doggie on a meatless diet and it makes me want to drop-kick the owner and feed the poor mutt a steak.

Our dogs are on grain-free diets of nothing but meat largely because that's what God wants them to eat.

That reminds me of a woman I once worked with...
She was vegan and she was convinced that she could convert her cat, too. We busted her once at Kentucky Fried. She was picking the crunchy crust of the chicken she had bought for her cat. Damned cat would not quit craving meat. She was nonplussed when we suggested that it was downright wrong for her to eat just the skin off the chicken. She swore it was just crust and the cat was getting fat eating it. She was a bonehead on a lot of levels, though...

I recently became vegan (for ethical reasons) and realized that it's much easier than I previously anticipated it would be. :) So that puts a smile on my face. I'm wondering what those who post here think of veganism.

And, if anyone has any questions about the lifestyle, feel free to ask! :D

The human body is a meat eater. Your mental opinion makes you want to be vegan.

I really don't care what you want to eat...or not to eat. I DO care when vegans or vegetarians INSIST they be accommodated.

I my opinion.... do what you want as an adult... but putting or having a child on that type of diet is child abuse.

exactly... that whole a fish is a cow is a dog is a boy thing is deranged. and i have no patience for people who put animals ahead of humans.

i heard one animal rights activist say he would let his own child die rather than give it a baboon heart.... of course, cleveland amory had no children, so easy for him to spew that kind of nonsense, he should rest in peace.

i'm sorry... that's mentally ill as only an irrational zealot can be mentally ill.

and having dealt with animal rights activists, i am never overly impressed with people who are okay with lying compulsively to advance their agenda.

Most animals would protect their own before "favoring" another animal. Ooops! That's what separates us from the critters, isn't it.

And doing so to a normally meat-eating animal is abusive as well.

Every once in a while I'll see these self-righteous pricks come into the vet with their doggie on a meatless diet and it makes me want to drop-kick the owner and feed the poor mutt a steak.

Our dogs are on grain-free diets of nothing but meat largely because that's what God wants them to eat.

I am so with you.... since the owners are vagan.... they put their poor pets on a vegan diet. Its just crazy in my opinion.

Unless their pet is a hamster or bunny.

The human body is a meat eater. Your mental opinion makes you want to be vegan.

I really don't care what you want to eat...or not to eat. I DO care when vegans or vegetarians INSIST they be accommodated.

exactly... that whole a fish is a cow is a dog is a boy thing is deranged. and i have no patience for people who put animals ahead of humans.

i heard one animal rights activist say he would let his own child die rather than give it a baboon heart.... of course, cleveland amory had no children, so easy for him to spew that kind of nonsense, he should rest in peace.

i'm sorry... that's mentally ill as only an irrational zealot can be mentally ill.

and having dealt with animal rights activists, i am never overly impressed with people who are okay with lying compulsively to advance their agenda.

Now dont get me started on PETA freaks.... that is a totally different thread.

Its a flat lifestyle choice.... i have no issue with that. But when it gets to the point where they want a restaurant not to store their meats with the veggies... or use the same pans that meat was cooked in.... or demand that they offer vegan choices.... oh fuck that.

If they want vegan diets, I'm sure there are plenty of restaurants that cater to them.

And my dogs agree. They're allergic to everything except chicken and pork and venison. They don't even do well on beef.

my bunny likes veggies. :)

but he also stole tuna on a cracker from my son and took it into his hutch to eat.

go figure. :dunno:

I guess even bunnies make lifestyle choices that may not be quite natural for them. I've had cats who ate cantelope and avocado, too.

Carrie Underwood, Vegan:

carrie-underwood-vegan.jpg

Hell's bells.
I'd share my carrot with her any day of the week. :D

@ Gallantwarrior - Why not? It tastes good. Some people go vegan for health, others (like me) do so for ethical reasons, but still want to maintain a normal diet and feel like we can eat what "everyone else" eats. There are vegans who choose the diet for health AND morality, but speaking for myself, I did it for morality.

I am so with you.... since the owners are vagan.... they put their poor pets on a vegan diet. Its just crazy in my opinion.

An acquaintance of mine put her cats on a vegan diet. They rebelled and killed off the song birds in her neighborhood.

One cannot fool Mother Nature...

My wife has tried to feed our dog vegetables, thinking he should have a more balanced diet. I've explained to her that our dog is a dog. He can eat meat 24/7. Funnily, he likes broccoli with salad dressing. Actually, I think he just likes the salad dressing.

Dogs really aren't picky. I have a doxie that absolutely adores kitty rocha. Encourages a high level of cat box hygiene...

^^Yes, yes really. :)

Yes, really.

Some people don't want to be the cause of hurt to living things.
I don't agree with the opinion and I like to eat meat but I fully understand and support the position of those who don't.

VeganMe has taken a stand that hurts no one.
I see no reason to knock it.

Me neither, as long as I am not expected to follow suit, and that includes having regulation and laws pushed that will somehow make my meat-eating "bad".

@ Gallantwarrior - Why not? It tastes good. Some people go vegan for health, others (like me) do so for ethical reasons, but still want to maintain a normal diet and feel like we can eat what "everyone else" eats. There are vegans who choose the diet for health AND morality, but speaking for myself, I did it for morality.

Most of your "substitutes" for meat, cheese, milk, etc are made from GMO soy and corn products, particularly corn syrup. You might want to educate yourself a bit before committing to their consumption.

Institute for Responsible Technology - GMO Education

What Are The Dangers Of Gmo Soybeans? | LIVESTRONG.COM

Beware of Genetically-Modified "Healthy" Foods

There are loads of articles out there, don't take my word for it.

^^Yes, yes really. :)

Yes, really.

I don't agree with the opinion and I like to eat meat but I fully understand and support the position of those who don't.

Me neither, as long as I am not expected to follow suit, and that includes having regulation and laws pushed that will somehow make my meat-eating "bad".

I don't think anyone (maybe a few nut jobs) is suggesting laws to force vegan dinners on anyone.

What do I think of Vegans????

I think they are mostly self involved hippies who think they are better cause they dont eat meat or anything still on the vine....So you guys can keep on eating garbage I will stay with fresh meat and vegetables and when you act like you are some how better then us well I will to tell you this I would rather be happy then self important.

Hippies are annoying.

I recently became vegan (for ethical reasons) and realized that it's much easier than I previously anticipated it would be. :) So that puts a smile on my face. I'm wondering what those who post here think of veganism.

And, if anyone has any questions about the lifestyle, feel free to ask! :D

It's a Life Style choice. Go for it for as long as it suits you. :)

Yes, really.

I don't think anyone (maybe a few nut jobs) is suggesting laws to force vegan dinners on anyone.

Not yet. But did you ever think we'd see laws that would force everyone to accept gay marriage?

My dog likes to eat grass once in a while.

Then it barfs.

Grass is like doggie ipecac syrup.
I read somewhere that dogs eat a little grass from time to time to supplement their diet. But yeah, if your dog eats grass all the time, he's probably got some sort of digestive issue.

Most of your "substitutes" for meat, cheese, milk, etc are made from GMO soy and corn products, particularly corn syrup. You might want to educate yourself a bit before committing to their consumption..

Only if you don't look around for the right things.

Indonesia has, along with a lot of other things, Tempe. (Pro, tempay).
100% vegan but all the proteins and so on of meat.
100% organic in most cases and tastes great.
I'm far from a vegan or veggie but I have to like that stuff.
Tastes great and can be prepared in a wide variety of ways.
My favourite is thin sliced and fried with a spicy sauce, then served on rice.

I suggest the OP give it a try.
Tempeh

Forum List

Back