See this Movie: Forks Over Knives

For those of you that want to get healthy but don't want or feel the need to go vegan (and don't like the politics that go with it) there's the Primal Blueprint, I lost 40 lbs in 5 months following that. I lost 7 inches off my waistline, my cholesterol dropped 26 points and my triglycerides went from 461 to 102 along with a myriad of other improvements:
Mark's Daily Apple

I also recently found out about the Gerson Therapy so my wife and I have been doing their juicing regimen for non cancer patients.
The Gerson Therapy : Gerson Institute

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvzDHGLEUyw&feature=watch-now-button&wide=1"]The Beautiful Truth - YouTube[/ame]

Don't pay attention to the USDA Food Pyramid. Anything is better than what the US Gov't recommends.

I'm doing a lot of research on getting healthy. Almost done watching this one.

Hungry For Change ~ Full Length on Vimeo

And this one is next.

Hulu - Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead - Watch the full movie now.

I saw the fat sick and nearly dead movie and that led me to the forks over knives movie. While the guy in the movie did make major changes, I think going for a straight juicing diet is temporary and can't be maintained over the long run.

Im no where near ready or even considering a vegan diet. I love meat (no homo). But moderation is probably best for me at this point. A lot of people, guys especially, see eating as a competition. "I ate the whole thing". I don't know why but I'm just as guilty in the past.

Humans are built to be omnivorous which means humans eat meat and fruit and veggies. You can tell by the teeth. If you want to go through sucking on a celery stalk go for it but quit whining.

I'm doing a lot of research on getting healthy. Almost done watching this one.

Hungry For Change ~ Full Length on Vimeo

And this one is next.

Hulu - Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead - Watch the full movie now.

I saw the fat sick and nearly dead movie and that led me to the forks over knives movie. While the guy in the movie did make major changes, I think going for a straight juicing diet is temporary and can't be maintained over the long run.

Im no where near ready or even considering a vegan diet. I love meat (no homo). But moderation is probably best for me at this point. A lot of people, guys especially, see eating as a competition. "I ate the whole thing". I don't know why but I'm just as guilty in the past.

Same. But I've just naturally made changes based on what I learned, and will likely continue to do so. Giving up caffeine made sense, and I never drank it black anyway. Sugar? I noticed if I ate red dye candy, I'd get angry. Mom dies of dementia? Hello, why do damage with what I'm eating. Chicken and fish digest more easily, and I have always loved tuna.

From there, I just kept going.

I lost 40 pounds in 4 months without a fad diet, without pills, without any help.
I burned it off with sweat and ate less.

Have all the meats and cheeses and other shot all you like. Maybe you'll be able to develop live free or die-abetes. Point is that a lot of the diseases that exist, exist because of poor eating habits. I think the number was something close to 1 in 5 children will be diagnosed with childhood diabeates. It's projected that the next generation will actually live shorter lives than the previous generation. That's a fucking shame.

Just because there are some vegan assholes doesn't mean you have to eat shit just to spite them either. That's the dumbest thing you can do.

I'm just going wheat- and sugar-free.
It's hard because it's not everywhere but look for agave sweetner. It's natural and is better than processed refined sugars.

And I just finished spaghetti (with meat) I just reduced the meat and added shredded carrots and celery. I was scared but it turned out really good.

Forum List

Back