Vegans! What do you think of them?

^Lots of foods are processed. Many foods that meat-eaters consume are as well. I would like to say that I didn't become a vegan for health (or allergy) reasons. I did it for moral reasons. And like any other diet, there are both healthy and not-so-healthy choices out there for the consumer.

And doing so to a normally meat-eating animal is abusive as well.

Every once in a while I'll see these self-righteous pricks come into the vet with their doggie on a meatless diet and it makes me want to drop-kick the owner and feed the poor mutt a steak.

Our dogs are on grain-free diets of nothing but meat largely because that's what God wants them to eat.

I am so with you.... since the owners are vagan.... they put their poor pets on a vegan diet. Its just crazy in my opinion.

An acquaintance of mine put her cats on a vegan diet. They rebelled and killed off the song birds in her neighborhood.

One cannot fool Mother Nature...

My wife has tried to feed our dog vegetables, thinking he should have a more balanced diet. I've explained to her that our dog is a dog. He can eat meat 24/7. Funnily, he likes broccoli with salad dressing. Actually, I think he just likes the salad dressing.

Turning a dog vegan would be really bad for the dog. Dogs are descended from wolves, which is a hunter/carnivorous animal. They don't eat plant-based or vegan things, so to a canine, it would be health-harmful.

Humans on the other hand, are capable of surviving on either or both. Most humans are omnivores, others are veggie/vegans and some (like the Eskimos) survive primarily on a carnivorous diet and get along just fine.

So, I would say humans are a very flexible species, diet-wise. We can eat just about anything and survive on it. Unfortunately dogs aren't built that way, so vegans who try turning their pets veggie are actually (probably) doing them harm. (Btw, my dog HATED broccoli. He always spit it out if I gave him some!) lol

^Lots of foods are processed. Many foods that meat-eaters consume are as well. I would like to say that I didn't become a vegan for health (or allergy) reasons. I did it for moral reasons. And like any other diet, there are both healthy and not-so-healthy choices out there for the consumer.

Hey, I ain't knocking ya.

An employee of mine turned Vegan and I never really talked to her *this* much about it.

More steak for me!!
:cool:

I do think there's some connection between a vegan diet and the relative hotness of Carrie Underwood.

If the discussion of Vegan diet did nothing else, at least it got me to look at another image of Ms. Underwood. So, it's a good thing.

@ California - I am a vegan because I don't want to support (with my dollar) the meat and dairy industries, which are known for treating their animals very cruelly and inhumanely. I also don't want anything to have to die for me to eat it. I can eat other things. :)

@ Si Modo - I haven't heard of things like tires or plastic bags containing animal products. I'm still learning but that is not something I've heard before. As for things like toothpaste, shampoo and other similar items, they make vegan ones too. My new vegan hand soap actually smells great. The scent is so nice and it lingers on my hands after I've washed them for quite a while, which I like.

So you would prefer to drive the whole industry, even those who treat their animals well, out of existence? You prefer a world where cows are an 'endangered' species that you can only see in zoos? How strange.

I buy meat - but I only buy from ethical farming. This means I support good farming practice, and I also ensure that the cows at the farm at the end of my lane, live happy lives, and that the farm land stays as farm land instead of being sold off for development. Thanks, but no thanks to your way. Your way will lead to the destruction of animals that I love.

yes, you've told us how awesome you are

again and
again and
again and
again and
again and
again and
again and
again and
again

thanks for reenforcing it, in case we'd forgotten

:eusa_eh:

^^Yes, yes really. :)

Yes, really.

Some people don't want to be the cause of hurt to living things.
I don't agree with the opinion and I like to eat meat but I fully understand and support the position of those who don't.

VeganMe has taken a stand that hurts no one.
I see no reason to knock it.

I recently became vegan (for ethical reasons) and realized that it's much easier than I previously anticipated it would be. :) So that puts a smile on my face. I'm wondering what those who post here think of veganism.

And, if anyone has any questions about the lifestyle, feel free to ask! :D

I'll probably be one in a couple of years, if not sooner. I'll still eat lean, natural meat though, I just like it too much.

Because....I JUST LOVE ME SOME GROWTH HORMONE

mmmmm mmmmmm mmm, that's how I like my meat, baste in chemicals :) yummie

edit: just to clearfy, not a 'moral' choice. A health one.

Last edited:
Carrie Underwood, Vegan:

carrie-underwood-vegan.jpg

Vegans don't have boobs?

When we pull a carrot from the ground, it screams!

It cries!

And the EARTH cries along with the carrot!

Oh! HOW COULD WE?

Personally, I think the group known as breatharians have the right idea.

Unless the air hurts when we breathe, of course.

Carrie Underwood, Vegan:

carrie-underwood-vegan.jpg

no rack, but some nice camel toe

She has smaller sized breasts but they are perfectly fine in my view.

She normally doesn't reveal very much in the old pelvic region, but I wasn't focusing on the barest hint of vulva in that image.

Her skin is close to flawless. She is toned. She has a very nice trim figure but still nice curves. I love her eyes, too. Always have since I first noticed her on American Idol.

Her voice (to me) isn't super, but she has a terrific attitude and overall presence.

If she's an ad for vegan, I may have to cut back a lot more on meat.

Save a cow, eat a vegan...

^^Yes, yes really. :)

Yes, really.

Some people don't want to be the cause of hurt to living things.
I don't agree with the opinion and I like to eat meat but I fully understand and support the position of those who don't.

VeganMe has taken a stand that hurts no one.
I see no reason to knock it.

Thanks so much for that! Your words are very appreciated.

Forum List

Back