Vatican U Teaches Satanism Class

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Vatican University Teaches Satanism Class

Thursday, February 17, 2005

ROME — Worried about the lure of the devil, a Vatican-linked university on Thursday debuted its latest course offering: a class on Satanism, black magic and exorcism.

The class for clergy and seminarians at Rome's Pontifical Academy "Regina Apostolorum (search)" has arisen from alarm about Satanic practices among young people, especially in Italy.

In one case in Italy in January, eight people believed to belong to a Satanic sect were ordered to stand trial for their alleged role in three ritual killings.

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,147891,00.html

Wow so thats how the Apostles did it. they went to exocist schools. wonder why that wasnt in the scriptures:)

Ha, the things that get classified as Satanism and black magic. Tarot cards for instance are more closely associated with pagan cultures like Vodoun and Santeria, but actually developed out of French Catholicism.

The occult is an interest of mine and you would be surprised at where stuff comes from.

deaddude said:
Ha, the things that get classified as Satanism and black magic. Tarot cards for instance are more closely associated with pagan cultures like Vodoun and Santeria, but actually developed out of French Catholicism.

The occult is an interest of mine and you would be surprised at where stuff comes from.

I know Im going to regret saying this, but I will anyway.
The Catholic church from experience thru the ages has learned that anything that takes a person away from God, such as ouija boards, tarot cards, witchcraft, astral projection, etc is the opposite of God and therefore can leave that person open to demonic attack.

I know most think the Devil and evil are just concepts, but I can say from first hand experience it is a real entity.
Nuff said.

Bonnie said:
The Catholic church from experience thru the ages has learned that anything that takes a person away from God, such as ouija boards, tarot cards, witchcraft, astral projection, etc is the opposite of God and therefore can leave that person open to demonic attack.

I know most think the Devil and evil are just concepts, but I can say from first hand experience it is a real entity.
Nuff said.

Dueteronomy 18:9-13

When you enter the land the LORD your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there. Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD , and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you. You must be blameless before the LORD your God.

Bonnie said:

Nuff said.

Yet the stuff originated in catholocisim. If you study the major incarna (the best known part of the tarot deck) you will find that most of the cards have biblical imagery. Not a bit to do with Satanism.

deaddude said:
Yet the stuff originated in catholocisim. If you study the major incarna (the best known part of the tarot deck) you will find that most of the cards have biblical imagery. Not a bit to do with Satanism.

Tarot Cards etc. have absolutly zero to do ith Catholicism. Just because they started out being used by a few Catholics does not mean they were ever oficial Church doctrine or anything. They have always been expressly prohibited.

Bonnie said:

Nuff said.

From the "Cathecism of the Catholic Church" (the official doctrine of the Catholic Church) reagarding divination, sorcery etc....

2116 All forms of divination are to be rejected: recourse to Satan or demons, conjuring up the dead or other practices falsely supposed to "unveil" the future.Consulting horoscopes, astrology, palm reading, interpretation of omens and lots, the phenomena of clairvoyance, and recourse to mediums all conceal a desire for power over time, history, and, in the last analysis, other human beings, as well as a wish to conciliate hidden powers. They contradict the honor, respect, and loving fear that we owe to God alone.

2117 All practices of magic or sorcery, by which one attempts to tame occult powers, so as to place them at one's service and have a supernatural power over others - even if this were for the sake of restoring their health - are gravely contrary to the virtue of religion. These practices are even more to be condemned when accompanied by the intention of harming someone, or when they have recourse to the intervention of demons. Wearing charms is also reprehensible. Spiritism often implies divination or magical practices; the Church for her part warns the faithful against it. Recourse to so-called traditional cures does not justify either the invocation of evil powers or the exploitation of another's credulity.

Bonnie seems more up on Catholic teachings, but my take is this. The Catholic Church recognizes Satan is a 'real' as God. Not as powerful, but compared to humans, much moreso.

If you open the way to God, he will come. Same with Satan. Give no quarter.

deaddude said:

It's the major arcana (most important part of the deck), and most people tend to think they were brought to Europe by returning crusaders, along with other card games. The interpretaton really depends on which deck you are using, and how you wish to interpret the cards, although I wouldn't say "biblical" is an accurate interpretation of the symbols used to describe the Fools journey.

Kathianne said:
Bonnie seems more up on Catholic teachings, but my take is this. The Catholic Church recognizes Satan is a 'real' as God. Not as powerful, but compared to humans, much moreso.

If you open the way to God, he will come. Same with Satan. Give no quarter.

Actually, Satan only has the power we give to Him. If we give ourselves fully to the Lord the Advesary has no power.

His greatest tactic is to convince people he doesnt exist.

Said1 said:
It's the major arcana (most important part of the deck), and most people tend to think they were brought to Europe by returning crusaders, along with other card games. The interpretaton really depends on which deck you are using, and how you wish to interpret the cards, although I wouldn't say "biblical" is an accurate interpretation of the symbols used to describe the Fools journey.

Different sources I suppose, I just checked, mine says Major Incarna. Even with your sources interpretation it is plain that Catholocism had an influence on the cards.

theim said:
Tarot Cards etc. have absolutly zero to do ith Catholicism. Just because they started out being used by a few Catholics does not mean they were ever oficial Church doctrine or anything. They have always been expressly prohibited.

I am not knocking Catholocism in any way. I never said they were part of any official church doctrine ethier. I was saying that alot of the things that the church is trying to combat here originated with the parent religion.

Without Judeo Christianity you do not have Satanism. Without a religion you do not have an anti-religion.

deaddude said:
Different sources I suppose, I just checked, mine says Major Incarna.

Only when refering to the influence of planets and it's realtion to a specific a card in the major arcana ie: Death, Scorpio, Mars/Pluto. What deck are you using, and where can I find that portion of the deck identified as "major incarna".

Even with your sources interpretation it is plain that Catholocism had an influence on the cards.

How specfically?

Said1 said:
Only when refering to the influence of planets and it's realtion to a specific a card in the major arcana ie: Death, Scorpio, Mars/Pluto. What deck are you using, and where can I find that portion of the deck identified as "major incarna".

Not actually using a deck, just reading. I will check again. Wont be the first time my mind has played tricks on me.

How specfically?

The Devil Card, Death portrayed as an Ankou figure, Differences in the older and more modern Hangman. These might just be modern euro centrisms.

deaddude said:
Not actually using a deck, just reading. I will check again. Wont be the first time my mind has played tricks on me.

I could be wrong too, but I've never heard of incarn used any other way pertaining to tarot cards.

The Devil Card, Death portrayed as an Ankou figure, Differences in the older and more modern Hangman. These might just be modern euro centrisms.

I'm not following you with those comparisons - I would say the hierophant, and the high priestess, the emporer, and the five of pentacles are big ones. Again, it depends on how you are interpreting the cards. I've been reading them for over 15 years, and if anyone is to blame for the changes in symbolism, I would say Crowely, mainly for mocking the church.

The ankou is a celtic holdover into Irish Catholocism, and it is where we get our reaper imagery. The Death card is most often drawn as an Ankou, it isn't biblical but it is still Catholic.

The older hangman was portrayed as a dead man hanging by his neck, he usually had red hair. This is thought to be Judas. The newer hangman is often protrayed as a living man hanging by his foot. This is thought to represent Jesus.

The Devil is most often protrayed as being the Judeo Christian Devil.

Will you explain your list to me?

deaddude said:
The ankou is a celtic holdover into Irish Catholocism, and it is where we get our reaper imagery. The Death card is most often drawn as an Ankou, it isn't biblical but it is still Catholic.

I think that's Celtic Druidism, not positive though.

The older hangman was portrayed as a dead man hanging by his neck, he usually had red hair. This is thought to be Judas. The newer hangman is often protrayed as a living man hanging by his foot. This is thought to represent Jesus

The Devil is most often protrayed as being the Judeo Christian Devil.

My point is, people changed the original symbolisms and meanings, to suite their ideas, their origins are not European. Plus, various different kinds of decks to not hold the same imagery, or meanings, and the same can be said about new decks being designed today. I think you're more than likely talking about the Crowey deck, and it's history. Alistare Crowely was an interesting guy, give him a google.

Will you explain your list to me?

That'll cost you $29.99! :D

I think that's Celtic Druidism, not positive though.

That is true but has held over and has made its way into Irish Catholic Tradition. Im not very good with dates but weren't the Druids long gone by the time the Tarot was introduced?

29.99!! Is that in Canadian dollars or American? Ahh c'mon you can tell me for free please?

deaddude said:
That is true but has held over and has made its way into Irish Catholic Tradition. Im not very good with dates but weren't the Druids long gone by the time the Tarot was introduced?

Probably, but not Druidism. Adapting certain mythologies into new religious traditions in not unheard of.

29.99!! Is that in Canadian dollars or American? Ahh c'mon you can tell me for free please?

Tell you what specifically?

Forum List

Back