Vagina? Not in this house!!

vagina1.jpg

I teach high school anatomy and lots of my students had no idea that the female daisy was actually termed vagina. They call it every other name though and a couple I had never before heard.

This is the speech in question, for those interested in issues of context, and the Press Conference that followed the bans.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp0j_CCysQg]Rep's Lisa Brown and Barb Byrum Banned From MI House floor, for Saying Vagina? "Outrageous" - YouTube[/ame]

when will republicans stop trying to control sex and reproductive lives of Americans? They say they want smaller less inrtusive govt. which is a lie, they want the opposite.

I don't know, but it better be soon. Women are past fed-up with this insanity, and men should be, too.

And if you are NOT fed up, then you haven't been paying attention. This is the most invasive legislation in the history of America.

I will not be silenced..............................VAGINA!!!!!!!

Has anyone asked, thus far, why she said "vagina" instead of "uterus" or "womb"?

Because you can't get to those two without going through the one.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-GbUWg5dn8]Senator Gretchen Whitmer and Senator Rebekah Warren Speak Against War on Women - YouTube[/ame]

Has anyone asked, thus far, why she said "vagina" instead of "uterus" or "womb"?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-GbUWg5dn8]Senator Gretchen Whitmer and Senator Rebekah Warren Speak Against War on Women - YouTube[/ame]

But you can't get to Alaska without going through Canada. Doesn't make them the same.

This is an educated woman. She knows the difference.

But you can't get to Alaska without going through Canada. Doesn't make them the same.

The ONLY way to the uterus or womb is through the vagina and the womb wouldn't even be involved were it not for activity IN the vagina.

Is that really your fight?! Because I gotta say, you're dropping the ball here.

Two Michigan legislators say ‘vagina,’ then silenced | Strange Bedfellows — Politics News - seattlepi.com

So, let me get this straight.....the Michigan House wants to debate a bill about what people can do with their vaginas. But you just can't say "vagina." Bills about what women do with their body are apparently a-okay. But bills that would dictate what a man does with his body apparently fail to "maintain decorum"? What the Hell is going on in Michigan?

Similar to how that rude reporter interrupted Obama during a press conference, the women were out of order Robert's Rules and all that nonsense!
Parliamentary procedure and that nonsense also.
The women's censure had nada to do with them saying Vagina.

Two Michigan legislators say ‘vagina,’ then silenced | Strange Bedfellows — Politics News - seattlepi.com

So, let me get this straight.....the Michigan House wants to debate a bill about what people can do with their vaginas. But you just can't say "vagina." Bills about what women do with their body are apparently a-okay. But bills that would dictate what a man does with his body apparently fail to "maintain decorum"? What the Hell is going on in Michigan?

Similar to how that rude reporter interrupted Obama during a press conference, the women were out of order Robert's Rules and all that nonsense!
Parliamentary procedure and that nonsense also.
The women's censure had nada to do with them saying Vagina.

Then the gentlemen in question should have said that, instead of freaking out cuz "ZOMBROFLCOPTERBBQSAUCE, she said the V-WORD!"

The ONLY way to the uterus or womb is through the vagina and the womb wouldn't even be involved were it not for activity IN the vagina.

Is that really your fight?! Because I gotta say, you're dropping the ball here.

I wasn't having or proposing a fight. I was asking a question about why she chose to say "concern for my vagina" instead of "concern for my womb". As far as I was aware the debate was about abortion, not conception.

Not so much dropping a ball as playing a different one.

When Brown returned to the House on Thursday, she was told by State Republicans that she would not be allowed to speak about the next bill under consideration, on school employee retirement. Republican representative Mike Callton told the Detroit News:

What she said was offensive. It was so offensive, I don't even want to say it in front of women. I would not say that in mixed company.

A spokesperson for the state Republican party confirmed that they had decided that Brown's comments "violated the decorum of the house".

New Statesman - Michigan Democrat barred from state legislature for saying "vagina"

When Brown returned to the House on Thursday, she was told by State Republicans that she would not be allowed to speak about the next bill under consideration, on school employee retirement. Republican representative Mike Callton told the Detroit News:

What she said was offensive. It was so offensive, I don't even want to say it in front of women. I would not say that in mixed company.

A spokesperson for the state Republican party confirmed that they had decided that Brown's comments "violated the decorum of the house".

New Statesman - Michigan Democrat barred from state legislature for saying "vagina"

Mike Callton's comments are the absolute quintessence of prudishness.

Forum List

Back