Va Primary: Gingrich, Perry fail to get on ballot.

Looks like Romney will win Virginia's Primary, so he can focus on other Super Tuesday states. It is beginning to look like Romney will be the main man for Republicans because of his steady base of support.

My Way News - GOP: Gingrich, Perry will not be on Va. Ballot

Just another example of the Republican Establishment trying to rig the game for Romney.

I really have to ask the question, if Romney is the strongest candidate the GOP has, then why do the party operatives have to pull out every stop to help him? And if he can't really stand toe to toe with Gingrich and Perry, both of whom have their flaws and shortcomings, what chance is he going to have against Obama, who is very charismatic, is going to have a billion dollar warchest and doesn't belong to a batshit crazy religion anymore?

Wait a minute. What does the "establishment GOP" have to do with the Little Dumber Boy and the Gingrich who Stole Christmas not getting the required number of signatures to be on the ballot?

He submitted enough signatures... the GOP is challenging their validity.

Just another example of the Republican Establishment trying to rig the game for Romney.

I really have to ask the question, if Romney is the strongest candidate the GOP has, then why do the party operatives have to pull out every stop to help him? And if he can't really stand toe to toe with Gingrich and Perry, both of whom have their flaws and shortcomings, what chance is he going to have against Obama, who is very charismatic, is going to have a billion dollar warchest and doesn't belong to a batshit crazy religion anymore?

Wait a minute. What does the "establishment GOP" have to do with the Little Dumber Boy and the Gingrich who Stole Christmas not getting the required number of signatures to be on the ballot?

No, they were checked and weren't valid. It wasn't the GOP, but the State Election Board volunteers that found them invalid, not the GOP.

I think if the power brokers had their way they would just select the candidates for us and eliminate all this voting nonsense. I think most people would agree with that too and thats a sad commentary on America today because they are in effect selecting the candidate but just indirectly instead of directly. They use back room deals and money to make sure who they wants gets put forward. Pretty much everyone knows this but they figure that's just the way it is.

No, they were checked and weren't valid. It wasn't the GOP, but the State Election Board volunteers that found them invalid, not the GOP.

Okay, you keep telling yourself the fix wasn't in... I mean, I know you need to believe that.

When is Newt going to come to the conclusion that he is only a "footnote" in the 2012 GOP race to the nomination. It is over. Mitt will be the nominee. But keep signing and selling your lame book. I guess it makes up for the cash you are losing now that Freddie and Fannie are not clients.

Newt doesn't want to be elected president.

His campaign is a book tour!

Okay, you keep telling yourself the fix wasn't in... I mean, I know you need to believe that.

As opposed to the conspiracy theory? :lol: Riiiggghhhtt...

No Conspiracy about it... the GOP has been sandbagging anyone who stands opposed to Romney. I'm starting to think they were behind a lot of the Herman Cain BS as well.

The ironic thing is, they've probably made it easier for Obama to win.

No Conspiracy about it... the GOP has been sandbagging anyone who stands opposed to Romney. I'm starting to think they were behind a lot of the Herman Cain BS as well.

Claiming, without proof, that the GOP "establishment" is behind the Little Dumber Boy and the GingGrinch not getting enough valid signatures IS a conspiracy theory, period. (it's the lack of proof part that gives it away)

Claiming, without proof, that the GOP "establishment" is behind the Little Dumber Boy and the GingGrinch not getting enough valid signatures IS a conspiracy theory, period. (it's the lack of proof part that gives it away)

Funny, you guys do that all the time.... Kerry Loses? Well, it can't be because he was an awful candidate.... It must be the voting machines!

Gore loses Florida? Bush's brother must have fixed the vote.

And no doubt, you'll flood this thread with articles from crazymoonbat.com proving that was the case... but don't waste my time.

I suspect that these guys will win on appeal, but it annoys me that the GOP establishment has such little trust in its own voters that we won't have a choice. If Romney is a better candidate, let him beat these guys in a fair fight.

I think I read somewhere that Gingrich didn't get on the MO and OH ballots either.

Gingrich has no organization, little money, few endorsements, and even fewer complimentary things said about him by people who worked with him in the 1990s.

Funny, you guys do that all the time.... Kerry Loses? Well, it can't be because he was an awful candidate.... It must be the voting machines!

Gore loses Florida? Bush's brother must have fixed the vote.

And no doubt, you'll flood this thread with articles from crazymoonbat.com proving that was the case... but don't waste my time.

One dumb conspiracy theory doesn't rationalize another.

RICHMOND, Va. - The campaign of Newt Gingrich assailed a "failed system" for his failure to make it onto the ballot for the Virginia Republican primary.

The state GOP announced early Saturday morning that Gingrich's campaign had failed to submit the required number of signatures to qualify for the March 6 primary. On Friday it was announced that Texas Gov. Rick Perry had also failed to qualify.

Gingrich, Perry fail to make Va. Ballot

The state's election board requires candidates petitioning for inclusion in the primary to file 10,000 signatures from registered voters, including 400 from each of Virginia's 11 congressional districts.

It was reported Thursday that Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum and former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman were also off the ballot. So far, only former Mass. Gov. Mitt Romney and Texas Congressman Ron Paul are officially on the primary ballot.

Gingrich camp assails Virginia's "failed system" - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

RICHMOND, Va. - The campaign of Newt Gingrich assailed a "failed system" for his failure to make it onto the ballot for the Virginia Republican primary.

Frankly, it's a fundamentally failed system.™ It's going to need transformational change in the future.

images

Last edited:

Forum List

Back