VA GOP DIRECTOR: "The ALT-R has taken over the VIRGINIA REP PARTY"

centerleftFL

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2018
Just imagine if a Virginia Democrat had said this. Wouldn't be enough air-time on FOX!

Ex-GOP director confesses ‘the alt-right has taken over the Virginia Republican Party’

default.gif

SARAH K. BURRIS
05 AUG 2018 AT 17:50 ET

Corey-Stewart-800x430.jpg
V
irginia Republican Senate candidate Corey Stewart (Photo: Screenshot)

DON'T MISS STORIES. FOLLOW RAW STORY!

The Virginia Republican Party is struggling with a problem that isn’t unique to many across the country: the alt-right.

A New York Times profile of Corey Stewart detailed the way in which white nationalists have fallen for the Russian Senate candidate.

Stewart paints himself as a champion of the fallen Confederacy and defends statues of its leaders. He even called for Virginians to “take back our heritage.” It has prompted white supremacists to flock to supporting Stewart’s campaign. While he has disavowed some, others have been welcomed as volunteers for the campaign. There’s also a history of aides and staff posting some racist or anti-Muslim language and posted conspiracy theories.

Stewart isn’t virius, according to former Republican state party director Shaun Kenney. He’s a symptom.

“The alt-right has taken over the Virginia Republican Party,” Kenney told The Times. He’s not the first to make the observation. After Stewart won the GOP nomination, state party chair John Whitbeck resigned because he didn’t want to have anything to do with his party’s candidate...

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/ex-...ublican-party/

All USMB self-proclaimed conservatives, Republicans and other assorted rightwingers to a man, claim that the Alt-Right isn't a problem, and only the Democrats make a big deal about it and give them more power than they actually do.

I have my reasons as to why I believe they'd all lie like that.

Anyone else care to make a guess why these USMB rightwingers lie about this matter?

Forum List

Back