Utility Jobs Lost as New Power Plants Need Fewer Workers

As I have pointed out countless times, politicians who promise to "bring back jobs from overseas" are lying through their teeth. Most of our manufacturing jobs which are gone have been automated and are not coming back, ever.

And politicians who promise to bring back coal jobs are also lying through their teeth.

Especially Trump. He knew coal jobs were gone for good when he gave this interview in Playboy way back in 1990:

PLAYBOY: What satisfaction, exactly, do you get out of doing a deal?
TRUMP: I love the creative process. I do what I do out of pure enjoyment. Hopefully, nobody does it better. There’s a beauty to making a great deal. It’s my canvas. And I like painting it.

I like the challenge and tell the story of the coal miner’s son. The coal miner gets black-lung disease, his son gets it, then his son . If I had been the son of a coal miner, I would have left the damn mines. But most people don’t have the imagination–or whatever–to leave their mine. They don’t have “it.”

PLAYBOY: Which is?
TRUMP: “It” is an ability to become an entrepreneur, a great athlete, a great writer. You’re either born with it or you’re not. Ability can be honed, perfected or neglected. The day Jack Nicklaus came into this world, he had more innate ability to play golf than anybody else.

Trump spit right in the faces of coal miners in that interview. Trump considered coal miners to be too stupid to get another career. Trump said they don't have "it".

And when Trump campaigned on bringing back coal jobs, he knew damn well he was lying to the rubes in the mines.

He knew.

Manufacturing is still 35% of our GDP, but manufacturing jobs are only 9 percent. We are making more stuff than ever before, but with a lot less people.

The same thing is happening in the energy sector. It is cheaper and takes less workers to move from coal to natural gas and alternative energies. That's why coal has dropped from 50% of the energy market in its heyday to 30% in 2016.

Take a look at the megawatts/workers ratio for each of the energy systems:

utility_jobs.jpg

many things are automated and there's only going to be more.

people are needed less and less, so lets support nafta, lets support policies that send jobs away, lets pretend obama didn't intentionally fuck the working man, and just ruin the country now.

people are needed less and less, so lets support nafta, lets support policies that send jobs away, lets pretend obama didn't intentionally fuck the working man, and just ruin the country now.
Out of one side of your face, you acknowledge jobs have been automated out of existence. Out of the other side of your face, your Obama Derangement Syndrome kicks in and you blame Obama for "sending jobs away".

But since you set that benchmark:

Under Trump, US jobs are moving overseas even faster than before

All told, in the year since Trump was elected, more than 93,000 jobs have been certified by the Department of Labor as lost to outsourcing or trade competition, slightly higher than the average of about 87,000 in the preceding five years.

Face it, rubes.

Trump lied out of his ginormous fat ass when he told the rubes in West Virginia he was bringing coal jobs back.

Out of one side of your face, you acknowledge jobs have been automated out of existence. Out of the other side of your face, your Obama Derangement Syndrome kicks in and you blame Obama for "sending jobs away".

All told, in the year since Trump was elected, more than 93,000 jobs have been certified by the Department of Labor as lost to outsourcing or trade competition, slightly higher than the average of about 87,000 in the preceding five years.
then why is UE down?

cherry picking facts.....

lame, even for you

then why is UE down?

lame, even for you
Irony!

UE has been dropping since 2009. Yet you tards whined about lost jobs and LFPR and anything else you could think of to distract from the record high DOW and dropping UE.

And you bitched just now about Obama fucking the working man and ruining the country. :rolleyes:

ODS.

For a con man to knowingly tell a lie to his marks, he has to have utter contempt for them. He must judge them to be stupid, credulous rubes who will swallow whatever snake oil he sells them.

That's Trump's attitude toward most of the voters, particularly coal miners. Just look at the contempt he has for them in that Playboy interview.

As I have pointed out countless times, politicians who promise to "bring back jobs from overseas" are lying through their teeth. Most of our manufacturing jobs which are gone have been automated and are not coming back, ever.

And politicians who promise to bring back coal jobs are also lying through their teeth.

Especially Trump. He knew coal jobs were gone for good when he gave this interview in Playboy way back in 1990:

PLAYBOY: What satisfaction, exactly, do you get out of doing a deal?
TRUMP: I love the creative process. I do what I do out of pure enjoyment. Hopefully, nobody does it better. There’s a beauty to making a great deal. It’s my canvas. And I like painting it.

I like the challenge and tell the story of the coal miner’s son. The coal miner gets black-lung disease, his son gets it, then his son . If I had been the son of a coal miner, I would have left the damn mines. But most people don’t have the imagination–or whatever–to leave their mine. They don’t have “it.”

PLAYBOY: Which is?
TRUMP: “It” is an ability to become an entrepreneur, a great athlete, a great writer. You’re either born with it or you’re not. Ability can be honed, perfected or neglected. The day Jack Nicklaus came into this world, he had more innate ability to play golf than anybody else.

Trump spit right in the faces of coal miners in that interview. Trump considered coal miners to be too stupid to get another career. Trump said they don't have "it".

And when Trump campaigned on bringing back coal jobs, he knew damn well he was lying to the rubes in the mines.

He knew.
Guess what, Dufus. One week after Trump put tariffs on Chinese solar panels China announced they will manufacture them in America.

So you’re wrong.

STABLE GENIUS: Trump Jacks Up Tariffs On Solar Panels. Here's How China Responded.

then why is UE down?

lame, even for you
Irony!

UE has been dropping since 2009. Yet you tards whined about lost jobs and LFPR and anything else you could think of to distract from the record high DOW and dropping UE.

And you bitched just now about Obama fucking the working man and ruining the country. :rolleyes:

ODS.
so your only retort to me destroying your bullshit is to claim I have ods.

sadly predictable

New Topics

Forum List

Back