USMB Was Right On Soros, I Was Way Wrong

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NATO AIR, Feb 3, 2006.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    I would like to thank those who debated with me in late 2004 and early 2005 about george soros. You all were very right, i was very wrong. I just completed reading "The Vast Left Wing Conspiracy" by National Review writer Byron York, and his expose of George Soros (backed by the public record that I've verified) was searing.

So yea, just thanking you (musicman, rightwingavenger, avatar, kathianne, a few others) for trying to expose me to the truth.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511

Anytime! You know we do it just to hear ourselves yammer right?

3. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    :funnyface sometimes you must think i do this, put my fingers in my ears and say "la la la la".

4. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    by the way excellent book, we better be prepared for an even worse leftist campaign in 2008.

5. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    We're taught to believe that "not one side can be totally right", well it's almost wholly the case that that is the case. I still think you should go into politics.

6. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    You're so right, my friend. An endless stream of lies served them well enough for many years, but no more; it's all slipping away from them now. They're cornered rats, fighting for their ideological lives. Nothing I see will surprise me.

It is the free flow of information that threatens the left with extinction, NA. The truth damns them. Unless they can somehow silence the bloggers, and regain an absolute monopoly of the airwaves, they are dead men walking, and they know it. You've seen their desperate attempts to resurrect the Fairness Doctrine (a sly euphemism for "government control of content"). You know which scaly, wire-pulling international financier is behind U.N. efforts to grab control of the Internet. Watch the engines that drive the free flow of information; this is where they must strike a fatal blow, or die themselves.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Great book! Dont forget to read some of the leftist propagand a too (with a skeptical eye of course!). You have to know your enemy if you want to fight them effectively.

8. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    Can't "point" you just yet; I owe you one!

What you say is so true. I'm just starting a hit piece called "Is Bill Cosby Right?" - where the professional race hucksters get to tee off on Cosby for being a traitor to the black cause. No one is safe from these bastards, once he has commited the unpardonable offense: ideological heresy.

9. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    I tried to read that crap book of RFK Jr.'s, but I had to trade it with a friend for that crap book of Paul Krugman's, which I traded for that almost crap book by daniel benjamin.... This one wasn't so bad, some partisan shots but quite sober otherwise for a liberal foreign policy manifesto.

I see the enemy everyday on Hardball, Inside Edition and Daily Kos. I ain't impressed, but then again, lately its hard to be impressed with our side that often. better days must be coming though.

10. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    One day, if the Communists don't cut my tongue out for joining up with the pro-democracy bunch in Hong Kong everytime I visit there.

I don't think I'd do very well. Maybe I could be an adviser or speechwriter?

I think sometimes I try to balance the arguments too much. I convince myself there must be a good counterargument or counterpoint, sadly, rarely that is the case anymore.