Mar 27, 2012
California
Welcome to the USMB Sports Bar.

Take a load and talk about whatever's
going in on sports or just celebrate life
in general. Women always drink free
when they show their ticket stubs. :redface:

Sports_Bar.jpg

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. I'll have a Guinness draft. Chilled glass.....no more than 10 oz and keep em comin'.

My Mets take on the Pharies at 7. Please put that game on the television directly behind that stripper pole.

Thin crowd.

We will not go out of business! (This week).

Is everybody in LA as apathetic about the NFL returning to LA as you pretend to be?

Don't think so.

Not fooling anybody.

I don't care if you take my word for it. Up until my car radio was stolen recently I listened to sports radio all of the time. Not much time was ever spent on discussing bringing a team to LA. We have plenty. We have the Lakers, Dodgers, Angels, Kings, Ducks, Chargers (down the 5) Galaxy, all types of beach sports and even all types of minor league sports and great night life. It's not like a dreary Midwest town like Green Bay or Pittsburgh where the football team is a strong part of the city's identity.

It's not that we're anti-football. We're not. We're just apathetic. That's why Laker fans show up to games half way through the second quarter. That's why an Angels game is not like going to a game at Fenway or Wrigley.

Go online to an LA sports talk station; you'd probably wouldn't find a segment about bringing a team to LA (though the subject comes up now and then). Contrast that to when I lived in Minneapolis and I could listen to KFan and probably about 70 percent of the coverage would be Vikings.

Like I said we do get excited though (we are about instant satisfaction). When we do ever get a football team (in a new stadium) then the season may be sold out in advance.

It's the NFL's fault for not capitalizing. They miscalculated that they could hold no team over our head like they do with other cities. They also probably miscalculated that the LA politicians run on bribes or legal "donations" and not based on appeasing constituents. All's you need to be a politician in LA is a Mexican last name and D next to your name. LA literally has politicians who would be hard pressed to pass a medium comprehension test.

Last edited:
The May Grand Sumo Tournament is going on in Tokyo now. Highly recommended if you can pick it up.

We will not go out of business! (This week).

Is everybody in LA as apathetic about the NFL returning to LA as you pretend to be?

Don't think so.

Not fooling anybody.

I don't care if you take my word for it. Up until my car radio was stolen recently I listened to sports radio all of the time. Not much time was ever spent on discussing bringing a team to LA. We have plenty. We have the Lakers, Dodgers, Angels, Kings, Ducks, Chargers (down the 5) Galaxy, all types of beach sports and even all types of minor league sports and great night life. It's not like a dreary Midwest town like Green Bay or Pittsburgh where the football team is a strong part of the city's identity.

It's not that we're anti-football. We're not. We're just apathetic. That's why Laker fans show up to games half way through the second quarter. That's why an Angels game is not like going to a game at Fenway or Wrigley. We're laid back about it though.

Go online to an LA sports talk station and notice how much less football talk there is. And you'd be hard pressed to find anything about finding a segment of bringing a team to LA. Contrast that to when I lived in Minneapolis and I could go to KFan and probably about 70 percent of the coverage would be Vikings.

But it's also like I said, when we do ever get a football team (in a new stadium) then at least half the stadium will be sold out in advance of the stadium. It's the NFL's fault for not capitalizing. They miscalculated that they could hold no team over our head like they do with other cities. They also probably miscalculated that the politicians run on bribes or legal "donations."

You are fairweather front-runners "fans" in every sport. Fashionably showing up late . (cool)

But notice when USC is good they fill up the Colisuem to capacity.

(surpriseing good with the sanctions)

As for UCLA - less said the better.

Don't think so.

Not fooling anybody.

It's not that we're anti-football. We're not. We're just apathetic. That's why Laker fans show up to games half way through the second quarter. That's why an Angels game is not like going to a game at Fenway or Wrigley. We're laid back about it though.

Go online to an LA sports talk station and notice how much less football talk there is. And you'd be hard pressed to find anything about finding a segment of bringing a team to LA. Contrast that to when I lived in Minneapolis and I could go to KFan and probably about 70 percent of the coverage would be Vikings.

But it's also like I said, when we do ever get a football team (in a new stadium) then at least half the stadium will be sold out in advance of the stadium. It's the NFL's fault for not capitalizing. They miscalculated that they could hold no team over our head like they do with other cities. They also probably miscalculated that the politicians run on bribes or legal "donations."

You are fairweather front-runners "fans" in every sport. Fashionably showing up late . (cool)

But notice when USC is good they fill up the Colisuem to capacity.

(surpriseing good with the sanctions)

As for UCLA - less said the better.

Even USC wasn't selling out until they were the cream of the crop. I haven't checked, but I imagine they're back to having 30,000 empty seats in that huge 110,000 Collosseum. I used to go to a lot of those games with my friend b/c he had season seats. They were fun. And I went to a USC vs. UCLA game at the Rose Bowl. It went 4 OTs and it was a classic. USC itself is a pretty cool campus too.

Forum List

Back