USMB @Mention EXCLUDE/INCLUDE Preferences

I see that my name is already on the "Include" - and that's where I want it....so I guess I don't have to do anything more?

But, am I to understand that if I want to make a mass list I have to come to this thread and check to see who is on the "Exclude" list to make sure I don't include them?

Last edited:
Please INCLUDE me in all MASS @Mentions!

Derideo_Te, Mertex, Spoonman, Sherry, aaronleland, Wolfsister77, Luddly Neddite, RosieS, Wake, Statistikhengst, Ropey, Zander, shart_attack, pacer, Esmeralda, Howey, Jeremiah, Kondor3, pacer, drifter, Jughead,
Derideo, I am listed twice in the "include" list. Does that mean I get two mentions? :lol: Just kidding! When I originally posted to include me, it was simply to "confirm" what you had already listed. Please remove one of the pacers. :)

Last edited:
I'll likely write up another thread on some topic, and invite members to read it. Maybe writing one on something like carrots, and all of the interesting facts about them would be pretty interesting, too. I like selecting one thing and peeling back the layers until I've understood it better. For example I never knew onions were named after a Latin word for 'large pearl,' or that in Christian art the raspberry is the symbol for kindness. How does that sound? :smiliehug:

As long as you tell the unwashed about those "baby" carrots and the lathe.... :eusa_shifty:

Derideo_Te, Mertex, Spoonman, Sherry, aaronleland, Wolfsister77, Luddly Neddite, RosieS, Wake, Statistikhengst, Ropey, Zander, shart_attack, pacer, Esmeralda, Howey, Jeremiah, Kondor3, pacer, drifter, Jughead,
Derideo, I am listed twice in the "include" list. Does that mean I get two mentions? :lol: Just kidding! When I originally posted to include me, it was simply to "confirm" what you had already listed. Please remove one of the pacers. :)

No, you don't get 2 mentions. But I edited your 2nd name out. I was positive that I had you in there already and then just assumed that somehow you had gone missing. My eyes are not what they used to be! :lol:

I see that my name is already on the "Include" - and that's where I want it....so I guess I don't have to do anything more?

But, am I to understand that if I want to make a mass list I have to come to this thread and check to see who is on the "Exclude" list to make sure I don't include them?

That was my point too. It's called paralysis through analysis.

Nope, just use the INCLUDE list.

If you cut & paste that into notepad and do a find & replace on ", " (comma + space) with ", @" (comma + space + @) that converts the include list into @mentions of everyone who wants to be invited.

Why do so many people want others to ignore things for them? Is it really that hard to ignore something you don't want to participate in? Maybe I should get together a list of all the people that don't like to be mentioned and add them to every post I make. Maybe they will figure out how to ignore the mentions if they get 36 a day. Better yet, maybe they will simply stop coming here.

Last edited:
For the record I am going to exercise the @mention button to whoever I want to @mention.

It's a discussion board, if you don't reply to the @mention that is your choice.

;)

Really?

I have no clue why my name is listed in "no mass mentions". I've never made any such request.

All this angst over having mentions in one's notification box still strikes me as rather a bit silly. Mention me, don't mention me, I really cannot find a reason to care either way. I find my own posts to read; I'm not about to depend on mentions to lead me around.

And on the other side of the coin, if I ever need to use the feature myself (I rarely ever do), I'm sure not coming in here to comb through a list of who doesn't want to be inconvenienced with the horrific trauma of having to read their own notifications.

Sorry ........... I simply cannot fathom why any of this matters. If I don't want to be bothered with notifications --- I just don't go there. What a concept. This fake issue reminds me of the old joke, "Doc, it hurts when I do this" -- "Well -- don't do that!"

I pretty much agree with this and think it is much ado about nothing. For me, I just don't care one way or the other.

Right now, I will opt into the INCLUDE list, but reserve the right to jump lists should this feature become more popular or abused. Then you will hear from my legal team......

I'll likely write up another thread on some topic, and invite members to read it. Maybe writing one on something like carrots, and all of the interesting facts about them would be pretty interesting, too. I like selecting one thing and peeling back the layers until I've understood it better. For example I never knew onions were named after a Latin word for 'large pearl,' or that in Christian art the raspberry is the symbol for kindness. How does that sound? :smiliehug:

Luckily, its easy to ignore the @mentions.

Right, [MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION] ?

Please EXCLUDE me from all MASS @Mentions!

AquaAthena, Amelia, Gracie, Toro, Pogo, Sarah G, Gracie, Little-Acorn, NLT, Rat in the Hat, Amelia, Foxfyre, Dot Com, DriftingSand, BDBoop, Ernie S., rightwinger, Iceweasel, Ringel05, cereal_killer, boedicca,

Derideo_Te, Mertex, Spoonman, Sherry, aaronleland, Wolfsister77, Luddly Neddite, RosieS, Wake, Statistikhengst, Ropey, Zander, shart_attack, pacer, Esmeralda, Howey, Jeremiah, Kondor3, drifter, Jughead,

Boedicca added to Exclude list!

AquaAthena, Amelia, Gracie, Toro, Pogo, Sarah G, Gracie, Little-Acorn, NLT, Rat in the Hat, Amelia, Foxfyre, Dot Com, DriftingSand, BDBoop, Ernie S., rightwinger, Iceweasel, Ringel05, cereal_killer, boedicca,

Derideo_Te, Mertex, Spoonman, Sherry, aaronleland, Wolfsister77, Luddly Neddite, RosieS, Wake, Statistikhengst, Ropey, Zander, shart_attack, pacer, Esmeralda, Howey, Jeremiah, Kondor3, drifter, Jughead,

Boedicca added to Exclude list!

Merci beaucoup! What an excellent public service announcement!

at_sign_258x191.gif
MENTION

The purpose of this thread is to give all of us a single place to add our names to whichever @Mention list we prefer to be on. The lists are as follows;

• Please EXCLUDE me from all MASS @Mentions!

• Please EXCLUDE me from all INDIVIDUAL @Mentions!

• Please INCLUDE me in all MASS @Mentions!

The Rules are as follows.

• Quote the previous post and add/edit your name in the appropriate list.

• Please put a comma and a space between your name and the previous one.

• Do not use the @ sign before your name.

• The last post is always the most up to date list.

• If you start a new thread and want to use Mass @Mentions you must use the list from the last post in the thread.

• The onus is on the person creating the new thread to add the @ sign before the names on the INCLUDE list. (Replace comma-space with comma-space-@ in an off line editor is the quick and easy way to do it.)

• This thread is intended purely keeping a current list of preferences when it comes to @Mentions.

• Please note that this thread is the property of USMB and not the OP.

• No petty bickering or other off topic posts will be allowed.

• If you have a problem with another poster take it elsewhere.

Thank you for your cooperation and support.

AquaAthena, Amelia, Gracie, Toro, Pogo, Sarah G, Gracie, Little-Acorn, NLT, Rat in the Hat, Amelia, Foxfyre, Dot Com, DriftingSand, BDBoop, Ernie S., rightwinger, Iceweasel, Ringel05, cereal_killer, Mojo2

Please EXCLUDE me from all INDIVIDUAL @Mentions!

AquaAthena, Ringel05

Derideo_Te, Mertex, Spoonman, Sherry, aaronleland, Wolfsister77, Luddly Neddite, RosieS, Wake, Statistikhengst, Ropey, Zander, shart_attack, pacer, Esmeralda, Howey, Jeremiah, Kondor3, pacer, drifter

AquaAthena, Amelia, Gracie, Toro, Pogo, Sarah G, Gracie, Little-Acorn, NLT, Rat in the Hat, Amelia, Foxfyre, Dot Com, DriftingSand, BDBoop, Ernie S., rightwinger, Iceweasel, Ringel05, cereal_killer, Mojo2

Last edited:
---

Please EXCLUDE me from all INDIVIDUAL @Mentions!

AquaAthena, Ringel05, strollingbones

AquaAthena, Amelia, Gracie, Toro, Pogo, Sarah G, Gracie, Little-Acorn, NLT, Rat in the Hat, Amelia, Foxfyre, Dot Com, DriftingSand, BDBoop, Ernie S., rightwinger, Iceweasel, Ringel05, cereal_killer, Mojo2, strollingbones

Forum List

Back