USMB @Mention EXCLUDE/INCLUDE Preferences

The purpose of this @mention is simply to ask you to check and make sure that I entered you into right lists. Obviously you will be excluded in future so this should be the last time it happens if this concept actually works.

[edit] removed @mention list.

I will edit and remove this list after I have posted it so that there is no copy of this @mention in this thread.
Notice To All Posters

You can mention Hossfly with the stipulation that he be mentioned in your will. Cash, checks and money orders accepted upon termination.

Hussy!!!!

:lol:

Please EXCLUDE me from all MASS @Mentions!

AquaAthena, Amelia, Gracie, Toro, Pogo, Sarah G, Gracie, Little-Acorn, NLT, Rat in the Hat, Amelia, Foxfyre, Dot Com, DriftingSand, BDBoop, Ernie S., rightwinger, Iceweasel, Ringel05, Synthaholic
Please EXCLUDE me from all INDIVIDUAL @Mentions!

AquaAthena, Ringel05, Synthaholic

Oh. wait. I just sipped more coffe and I see a wee light begining to form over my head.

I am on the No Mass Mentions but individual personal level mention is ok. So...ok. I think I am on the right list. :lol:

See if I was a bitch I would have made that [MENTION=42649]Gracie[/MENTION]. :)

The purpose of this @mention is simply to ask you to check and make sure that I entered you into right lists. Obviously you will be excluded in future so this should be the last time it happens if this concept actually works.

I will edit and remove this list after I have posted it so that there is no copy of this @mention in this thread.
BTW, I should mention that [MENTION=36767]Bloodrock44[/MENTION] would like to be mentioned in every post on USMB. He's too bashful to mention it himself.

Really?

I have no clue why my name is listed in "no mass mentions". I've never made any such request.

All this angst over having mentions in one's notification box still strikes me as rather a bit silly. Mention me, don't mention me, I really cannot find a reason to care either way. I find my own posts to read; I'm not about to depend on mentions to lead me around.

And on the other side of the coin, if I ever need to use the feature myself (I rarely ever do), I'm sure not coming in here to comb through a list of who doesn't want to be inconvenienced with the horrific trauma of having to read their own notifications.

Sorry ........... I simply cannot fathom why any of this matters. If I don't want to be bothered with notifications --- I just don't go there. What a concept. This fake issue reminds me of the old joke, "Doc, it hurts when I do this" -- "Well -- don't do that!"

Last edited:
Well, I just got a mention but I don't know what list I am on. :p

I'm sure you're on somebody's shit list, if that helps. ;)

Synth, you been eatin the chips, eh?

:eek::eek:

Really?

I have no clue why my name is listed in "no mass mentions". I've never made any such request.

All this angst over having mentions in one's notification box still strikes me as rather a bit silly. Mention me, don't mention me, I really cannot find a reason to care either way. I find my own posts to read; I'm not about to depend on mentions to lead me around.

And on the other side of the coin, if I ever need to use the feature myself (I rarely ever do), I'm sure not coming in here to comb through a list of who doesn't want to be inconvenienced with the horrific trauma of having to read their own notifications.

Sorry ........... I simply cannot fathom why any of this matters. If I don't want to be bothered with notifications --- I just don't go there. What a concept. This fake issue reminds me of the old joke, "Doc, it hurts when I do this" -- "Well -- don't do that!"

[MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION]

I like that avi!!! :D

Steeeeeeeee-rrrrrrrriiiiike!!!!

at_sign_258x191.gif
MENTION

The purpose of this thread is to give all of us a single place to add our names to whichever @Mention list we prefer to be on. The lists are as follows;

• Please EXCLUDE me from all MASS @Mentions!

• Please EXCLUDE me from all INDIVIDUAL @Mentions!

• Please INCLUDE me in all MASS @Mentions!

The Rules are as follows.

• Quote the previous post and add/edit your name in the appropriate list.

• Please put a comma and a space between your name and the previous one.

• Do not use the @ sign before your name.

• The last post is always the most up to date list.

• If you start a new thread and want to use Mass @Mentions you must use the list from the last post in the thread.

• The onus is on the person creating the new thread to add the @ sign before the names on the INCLUDE list. (Replace comma-space with comma-space-@ in an off line editor is the quick and easy way to do it.)

• This thread is intended purely keeping a current list of preferences when it comes to @Mentions.

• Please note that this thread is the property of USMB and not the OP.

• No petty bickering or other off topic posts will be allowed.

• If you have a problem with another poster take it elsewhere.

Thank you for your cooperation and support.

AquaAthena, Amelia, Gracie, Toro, Pogo, Sarah G, Gracie, Little-Acorn, NLT, Rat in the Hat, Amelia, Foxfyre, Dot Com, DriftingSand, BDBoop, Ernie S., rightwinger, Iceweasel, Ringel05

Please EXCLUDE me from all INDIVIDUAL @Mentions!

AquaAthena, Ringel05

Please INCLUDE me in all MASS @Mentions!

Derideo_Te, Mertex, Spoonman, Sherry, aaronleland, Wolfsister77, Luddly Neddite, RosieS, Wake, Statistikhengst, Ropey, Zander, shart_attack, pacer, Esmeralda, Howey, Jeremiah, Kondor3, pacer, drifter
Please include me in as well, Derideo. Thanks!

Really?

I cropped the caption, "The American National Game of Base Ball" as it was too small to be read in an avatar. Variously dated 1853, 1866 or 1847, in Hoboken New Jersey. It's fair to say Hoboken doesn't quite look like that today.

I've been reading a lot about the olden daze of the Game, and the old stadia.

@Nobodyinparticular

Really?

I cropped the caption, "The American National Game of Base Ball" as it was too small to be read in an avatar. Variously dated 1853, 1866 or 1847, in Hoboken New Jersey. It's fair to say Hoboken doesn't quite look like that today.

I've been reading a lot about the olden daze of the Game, and the old stadia.

@Nobodyinparticular

@Igotthemessage

AquaAthena, Amelia, Gracie, Toro, Pogo, Sarah G, Gracie, Little-Acorn, NLT, Rat in the Hat, Amelia, Foxfyre, Dot Com, DriftingSand, BDBoop, Ernie S., rightwinger, Iceweasel, Ringel05

Please INCLUDE me in all MASS @Mentions!

Derideo_Te, Mertex, Spoonman, Sherry, aaronleland, Wolfsister77, Luddly Neddite, RosieS, Wake, Statistikhengst, Ropey, Zander, shart_attack, pacer, Esmeralda, Howey, Jeremiah, Kondor3, drifter, Jughead,

Jughead included.

Last edited:

It worked. I got your "mention" but see that you deleted the list. I rarely use it and the times I have it was to flag a particular individual rather than an entire list of folks. I never get upset if I'm "mentioned." If I'm not interested in the thread I'm being drawn to I simply move on.

I'll likely write up another thread on some topic, and invite members to read it. Maybe writing one on something like carrots, and all of the interesting facts about them would be pretty interesting, too. I like selecting one thing and peeling back the layers until I've understood it better. For example I never knew onions were named after a Latin word for 'large pearl,' or that in Christian art the raspberry is the symbol for kindness. How does that sound? :smiliehug:

Forum List

Back