USMB Members: When did you get your first firearm?

Could a 4-10 shoo off a bear? It’s long so I could use it as a stick but what about the one shot? Should I aim for the body or face? It’s not gonna kill it but will it make it run away?
I bet it will work if you stick it in the bear's ear or down its throat...

Running downhill diagonally ... Would probably work better.

Last edited:
Could a 4-10 shoo off a bear? It’s long so I could use it as a stick but what about the one shot? Should I aim for the body or face? It’s not gonna kill it but will it make it run away?

Just using the gun as a big stick should work.

Yeah, on a cat or chipmunk

Yeah, on a cat or chipmunk
I've seen video of the guy using nothing but a stick to keep them at bay. I'm not talking about an angry momma bear I'm talking about a curious bear who isn't afraid and is sort of stalking you but not really overly aggressive. If you have a 410 you should be able to keep them at bay.

Forum List

Back