USMB Members: When did you get your first firearm?

Bush92

GHBush1992
May 23, 2014
I got a 4-10 shotgun on my 9th birthday. Shot my first squirrel shortly thereafter. Went hunting with my dad and he saw the squirrel first and let me have the shot. Good times.

mr. boe gave me a shot gun when we were dating. At that point, he must have felt pretty secure in our relationship. ;)

mr. boe gave me a shot gun when we were dating. At that point, he must have felt pretty secure in our relationship. ;)

the only water pistols I got to shoot as a child belonged to my
brothers. My father had very Victorian ideas about girls. I
used their baseball mitts too

I don't hunt, but I do have a "squirrel gun" that belonged to my dad. It's really accurate. I have two hand guns and am shopping for a small gun to use for my concealed carry.

410 shotgun, I had to complete a gun safety course first, I was in 5th grade. If I'm honest I was too young and imature to be using a firearm unsupervised, but it was different times back then we just loaded up and headed into the woods and fields.

I got a 4-10 shotgun on my 9th birthday. Shot my first squirrel shortly thereafter. Went hunting with my dad and he saw the squirrel first and let me have the shot. Good times.

In the state of my childhood------SOMEONE must shoot bears--------or there would
be big giant------STRONG bears..........all over the place. I have heard that there is an over population of wild boars--------SHEEEEESH----are they going to outlaw fishing rods too?

I don't hunt, but I do have a "squirrel gun" that belonged to my dad. It's really accurate. I have two hand guns and am shopping for a small gun to use for my concealed carry.

I have a squirrel gun now, it uses 7.62 rounds ;)
:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Wait, are we talking about those little furry animals?

I have a cookbook----that provides a recipe for squirrel stew

Wait, are we talking about those little furry critters?

Dec 8, 1947 on my 8th BD. Stevens .410/.22 over/under. Got a rabbit that day. On 12th birthday, 1951, my father allowed me to hunt alone. That was common practice then.

I have a squirrel gun now, it uses 7.62 rounds ;)
:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Wait, are we talking about those little furry animals?

I have a cookbook----that provides a recipe for squirrel stew

Ewww

Got my first gun at 10, a 20ga bolt action, bought a gun at age 11 from Western Auto for a Christmas present for my dad, it's mine now.

Red Ryder. 7 years old. My mom got me a Barbie. My daddy got me a bb gun. Classic Daisy. This was in the era of Ed Sullivan and talent shows where "talent acts" would tie a female assistant to a wheel and throw knives at her while she was spinning.

OMG the days of no snowflakes. :lmao:

So the obvious action as a child like me was to (with help from my Baba) was to make a cardboard wheel, tie Barbie to it and try to not hit her as my Baba spun the wheel in the driveway while I shot away.

Man oh man those were the days. I also got to ride in the back of a Chev Impala with fins with no seatbelt on. Life was good.

I have graduated to a Winchester Model 94 30-30, H & R 12 gauge, Winchester .22, Thompson Center Percussion 54 cal.

All had to be sold in my move so now I've started my new collection with an SKS 7.54 x 39, swing and click full bayonette still intact, and my husband Traveller has a Mosin Nagant 7.62 x 54. Both are far from my Red Ryder but I think I loved that one most.

New Topics

Forum List

Back