USMB Coffee Shop IV

Thanks kaz and right back at cha. This is a busy one for me too, but I have just poured my first, out of two, cuppas for the day.

September is traditionally the most predictable month of the year, here, as winds are low and rain is unlikely. In other words...sunny and 70-80 ° but unfortunately, about the same during the nights. :rolleyes:

I'm hungry...but I'm trying to abstain:

832602d1348755809-favourite-late-night-snack-meal-foodlate.jpg
Mom always said, if you want to lose weight, don't eat after 6 at night and never right before going to bed. I sometimes get hungry for a bite before bed, too, and will have a tablespoon of....ack....cottage cheese. But then I am not trying to lose any weight, just maintain what is. :D Mom's words are often in my head. One favorite expression she used often with me when I was whining about something, was, ahh...you'll get used to it. And I usually do- If not, I change something.

Still don't like this new board... very convoluted. The oddest design and structure I've ever seen for a BB.
Hey 007. I love it when you drop by. :thup: For me, the site is something I am growing used to and finding many things to like about. It does take time and effort to find the good. The best thing about it, are the posters who have remained. :thup: And the Admin. who tweaks some things to suit them.

Still don't like this new board... very convoluted. The oddest design and structure I've ever seen for a BB.
Hey 007. I love it when you drop by. :thup: For me, the site is something I am growing used to and finding many things to like about. It does take time and effort to find the good. The best thing about it, are the posters who have remained. :thup: And the Admin. who tweaks some things to suit them.
Good to see you too my dear... :smiliehug:

Pretty much everyone's first reaction seems to have been "I hate it". Like almost anything, with time and use one gets used to it.
I guess a benefit for me, making it a little easier, Is I've seen this format before and used one that is similar in many ways.
The thing that I still don't really like is the "muted" text and outlines, ya see a lot of that nowadays on many different platforms which means they are catering to a much younger user.

Just finished dealing with a boatload of text messages. As I said there was a hickup that postponed the closing. The wife is still on medical leave, no short term disability, no leave left, waiting on long term disability so the loan underwriter refused to sign off until he/she sees an active income stream. That will happen by next week at the latest, one way or the other. Also I have yet to hear on my SSDI so nothing there yet.
My brother's starting to panic because he wants the house sold by October 1st and again there's been some miscommunication concerning the income stream situation....... :bang3:

I meant to put your house situation on the vigil list last night but got in a hurry and overlooked that. I'm thinking, given the huge amount of problems and issues you've had with this whole process, that there must be a great blessing in this for the two of you. Let's just count on that okay?

Man, the ole back is killing me. It's actually getting worse. Went to the VA Tuesday and met my new doctor and I like him. "Jean Montgomery" is his name, now how cool is that? I was expecting some GOOD OLE BOY from DOWN SOUTH... LOL! I did mention that to him also, and he commented that he was born in Louisiana, and after several verbal coachings from him, I had "Naarlins" down fairly well. In any case, thankfully he put in a referral for me to see physical therapy at a nearby hospital, since I live over 40 miles from the nearest VA facility. I'm looking forward to starting that, because this pain has been with me for over two months now, and to say I'm getting pretty damn sick of it would be putting it mildly.

Told ya we should have left that back of yours on the vigil list. I'm putting it back on. :)
This is new to me. I've gotten the back pain that hits ya in the middle of the back right on the spine, and it lasts awhile and then goes away. Not this stuff though. This pain in the butt cheek and down the leg is new, and it ISN'T going away. All I can think is SON OF A BITCH, I'm too young and strong to be knocked down by this stuff. I need to get it fixed, one way or the other, even if the end game is surgery. I'm not going to have this back pain limiting what I can do, because I'll have to admit, it does take the steam out of ya.

Up date on Ma... she has made a good recovery and will be going home tomorrow morning, although it is pretty much a forgone conclusion that it's time she seek a seniors home, and since her stay in this hospice where they took very good care of her, and they had activities and she got to mingle with others, she likes it, instead of sitting in her condo day after day alone.

Why am I up so late/early? Was woke up by crashing loud thunder and lightening and driving rain against the windows. I always enjoy the rain. It's always nice to know that our ground water is being replenished and our wells won't run dry. Others are nowhere near so lucky.

Good news about your mother :thup:

If you are getting a new pain that originates in your butt cheek and you don't have anything showing up on the xray that is causing sciatica then have an MRI directly on that hip. That was how they found my AVN and yes, the symptoms are identical and you are smack dab in the middle of the age range for getting it. FYI an xray won't show it up either since the problem is inside the bone.

Oh and good morning everybody. Another beautiful day in Albuquerque and what is likely our last 90 degree day of the year--tonight and tomorrow a return of monsoonal moisture coupled with being back doored by a cold front will plunge the high temps into the mid 70's to low 80's along with a good chance for rain. There is that first bit of crisp autumn in the air. Within 30 days, we will be looking forward to the Balloon Fiesta time, and those who go out in the early dawn for that will need heavy coats, gloves, scarves etc. to tolerate the cold.

007, Ringel, et al, have you seen those advertisement on TV for a kind of special wrap that you place on your thigh, under your clothing, and it applies a kind of acupressure that relieves sciatic and other chronic back pain? Not at all expensive. I want somebody to try that and see if it works. I'm thinking about getting one for Hombre to try the next time his flares up.

007, Ringel, et al, have you seen those advertisement on TV for a kind of special wrap that you place on your thigh, under your clothing, and it applies a kind of acupressure that relieves sciatic and other chronic back pain? Not at all expensive. I want somebody to try that and see if it works. I'm thinking about getting one for Hombre to try the next time his flares up.
I'm holding out for one of these......

Halo-4-Warrior1.jpg

I wonder if they come in larger waist sizes........ :eusa_whistle:

Just a quick note to let everyone know I'm still alive. Labor Day was great. A Monday holiday is always nice. But then comes a Tuesday and it all falls apart again.

High school football season has begun. It's hard to fathom, but in the ten weeks it takes to play a season of high school football, we can go from temperatures in the mid 80s to snow on the field. I'm still seeing Halloween candy for sale at the grocery store. How much of the candy purchased on September 4 will be around at the end of October?

Mums are being offered at the local greenhouses. I bought a giant one for Mom yesterday. The selection was baffling! So many plant in so many colors. The only thing that kept me from buying more was the price. I'll get one for myself sometime later this month. The flowers oput front need water, but yesterday I did see a wee green humming bird feasting on the salvia. On the flowers, the decorative peppers are in full fruit. The tiny peppers are yellow now, but they seem to be turning orange as I write. One rogue plant has a rounder, purple pepper growing from it. I'll keep all those seeds and share the yellow/orange ones with a few friends.

Daisy the Mutt is doing well. Yesterday I saw her run passed a squirrel that was just off her right to chase another, farther away squirrel that was right in front of her. Concentration and persistence are her hallmarks.

Okay boys and girls, for today's history lesson:

On this day in history, September 4, 1957, the Ford Motor Company unveiled the Edsel and designated the date as "E-day". The car was pulled from the market in late 1959, citing poor sales, and was commemorated by the Washington Post as "Edsel: The Flop Heard Around the World." There are some interesting side stories about the Edsel however.

Some say it failed because of its name. Ford execs hired professionals to come up with a name of the car and "Edsel" (the name of Henry Ford's only son) was certainly preferable to names such as Intelligent Bullet, Mongoose Civique, and Utopian Turtletop that the experts came up with.

Others say it was ahead of its time, but it had no more innovations or exotic features than other cars in the mid-sized range and it was a hot performer on the road and it did well in its maiden year. During the 1958 model year, 63,110 Edsels were produced. Edsel outsold DeSoto, Chrysler, and Studebaker. For every two Mercurys sold, one Edsel was sold despite Mercury having 20 years of brand loyalty and product history behind it.

Some say it was sunk because of poor quality, but the late 1950's was not an era of quality for any of America's auto makers. Which allowed Germany and Japan, who were going for quality, to gain a foothold here.

Some say that the timing was poor when the Edsel was launched at the beginning of the Eisenhower recession. But it had plenty of capital to weather that storm and other models introduced during that period and other recessions have done just fine.

The little know reason that the Edsel most likely didn't succeed is that the then Ford VP Robert McNamara didn't like it and planned to phase it out before it ever went into production. He loved the Ford Falcon, introduced the same year, and he thought the Edsel too flashy. It offended his sense of what an automobile should be. Some historians believe the Edsel would have developed staying power had McNamara not axed it.

And the rest, as they say, is history. Probably none of us have ever owned, driven, or even ridden in an Edsel. But every single one of us has heard of it. :)

13-AZ-MtT-15.jpg

Hello my friends.
Sorry I just don't post here so much any more, and it will probably be even less the way i see the place. just isn't the same.
Have fun....

Hello my friends.
Sorry I just don't post here so much any more, and it will probably be even less the way i see the place. just isn't the same.
Have fun....

Just so you know you're a missed person. It is getting easier and more comfortable for most of us. So we'll probably be here and will be most happy when you drop in. ((hugs))

Got really dark just a little while ago, strong breezes kicked up then a little later the breeze died down and the sun came back out, clouding up again. We'll be getting a taste of fall tonight and tomorrow, rain tonight, through tomorrow, highs in the mid 60s. For most of the rest of you fall won't start until the 22nd.........

Forum List

Back