USMB Coffee Shop IV

Man, the ole back is killing me. It's actually getting worse. Went to the VA Tuesday and met my new doctor and I like him. "Jean Montgomery" is his name, now how cool is that? I was expecting some GOOD OLE BOY from DOWN SOUTH... LOL! I did mention that to him also, and he commented that he was born in Louisiana, and after several verbal coachings from him, I had "Naarlins" down fairly well. In any case, thankfully he put in a referral for me to see physical therapy at a nearby hospital, since I live over 40 miles from the nearest VA facility. I'm looking forward to starting that, because this pain has been with me for over two months now, and to say I'm getting pretty damn sick of it would be putting it mildly.
physical therapy should help. also try some stretching

Hello my friends.
Sorry I just don't post here so much any more, and it will probably be even less the way i see the place. just isn't the same.
Have fun....
You're right of course, but please do check in every once in a while.

We'll miss you ((((((hugs))))))

Okay boys and girls, for today's history lesson:

On this day in history, September 4, 1957, the Ford Motor Company unveiled the Edsel and designated the date as "E-day". The car was pulled from the market in late 1959, citing poor sales, and was commemorated by the Washington Post as "Edsel: The Flop Heard Around the World." There are some interesting side stories about the Edsel however.

Some say it failed because of its name. Ford execs hired professionals to come up with a name of the car and "Edsel" (the name of Henry Ford's only son) was certainly preferable to names such as Intelligent Bullet, Mongoose Civique, and Utopian Turtletop that the experts came up with.

Others say it was ahead of its time, but it had no more innovations or exotic features than other cars in the mid-sized range and it was a hot performer on the road and it did well in its maiden year. During the 1958 model year, 63,110 Edsels were produced. Edsel outsold DeSoto, Chrysler, and Studebaker. For every two Mercurys sold, one Edsel was sold despite Mercury having 20 years of brand loyalty and product history behind it.

Some say it was sunk because of poor quality, but the late 1950's was not an era of quality for any of America's auto makers. Which allowed Germany and Japan, who were going for quality, to gain a foothold here.

Some say that the timing was poor when the Edsel was launched at the beginning of the Eisenhower recession. But it had plenty of capital to weather that storm and other models introduced during that period and other recessions have done just fine.

The little know reason that the Edsel most likely didn't succeed is that the then Ford VP Robert McNamara didn't like it and planned to phase it out before it ever went into production. He loved the Ford Falcon, introduced the same year, and he thought the Edsel too flashy. It offended his sense of what an automobile should be. Some historians believe the Edsel would have developed staying power had McNamara not axed it.

And the rest, as they say, is history. Probably none of us have ever owned, driven, or even ridden in an Edsel. But every single one of us has heard of it. :)

13-AZ-MtT-15.jpg

The reason is obvious. It's that huge gaping maw. Conflicting vertical/horizontal lines insult the subconscious. What were they thinking?

The rear wasn't bad -- attached taken at a museum in Asheville. Nicer color on this one too I think.

Attachments

• P1010061.JPG
    P1010061.JPG
    373.1 KB · Views: 76
Saveliberty, I think Darkwind answered your male nudie question :lol:
??

Classical art is banned if it contains nudity?

I mean, it brings new meaning (or old I suppose) to the term, Rock Hard.

If anyone is offended, I'll remove it or alter the image...

Saveliberty, I think Darkwind answered your male nudie question :lol:
??

Classical art is banned if it contains nudity?

I mean, it brings new meaning (or old I suppose) to the term, Rock Hard.

If anyone is offended, I'll remove it or alter the image...

Gracie ran into trouble with a classical nude painting picture elsewhere Darkwind. I wondered what the limits on male nudes were. This is a great experiment as far as I'm concerned.

Man, the ole back is killing me. It's actually getting worse. Went to the VA Tuesday and met my new doctor and I like him. "Jean Montgomery" is his name, now how cool is that? I was expecting some GOOD OLE BOY from DOWN SOUTH... LOL! I did mention that to him also, and he commented that he was born in Louisiana, and after several verbal coachings from him, I had "Naarlins" down fairly well. In any case, thankfully he put in a referral for me to see physical therapy at a nearby hospital, since I live over 40 miles from the nearest VA facility. I'm looking forward to starting that, because this pain has been with me for over two months now, and to say I'm getting pretty damn sick of it would be putting it mildly.
physical therapy should help. also try some stretching
the+rack.jpg

Hobbes has figured out a way in and out of the house I don't know about.
Last night I found him out on the porch (I always bring him in my dark because of monster trees). I thought maybe I must have left a door open. Tonight, same thing again and he's sopping wet from the rain.

I suspect he must be going out one of the upstairs rooms, which means he has to somehow make his way down from there, presumably (?) via a tree branch.

O boy...

That Hobbes, he has a mind of his own.....

Hobbes has figured out a way in and out of the house I don't know about.
Last night I found him out on the porch (I always bring him in my dark because of monster trees). I thought maybe I must have left a door open. Tonight, same thing again and he's sopping wet from the rain.

I suspect he must be going out one of the upstairs rooms, which means he has to somehow make his way down from there, presumably (?) via a tree branch.

O boy...
If they want out they'll find a way.

I'd be more worried about what could get in.:eek-52:

Oh there's always been evidence of things getting in.
That's why I got a cat.

I don't think that's what Sherry had in mind.....:eek:

Gosh, I hate pain, hope you are able to get it corrected. Back pain is so bad, you really can't do much of anything with it, can you? I've only had some minor back pain when I twisted my back making the bed....took a few days to get over it, but it was a bitch.

Okay boys and girls, for today's history lesson:

On this day in history, September 4, 1957, the Ford Motor Company unveiled the Edsel and designated the date as "E-day". The car was pulled from the market in late 1959, citing poor sales, and was commemorated by the Washington Post as "Edsel: The Flop Heard Around the World." There are some interesting side stories about the Edsel however.

Some say it failed because of its name. Ford execs hired professionals to come up with a name of the car and "Edsel" (the name of Henry Ford's only son) was certainly preferable to names such as Intelligent Bullet, Mongoose Civique, and Utopian Turtletop that the experts came up with.

Others say it was ahead of its time, but it had no more innovations or exotic features than other cars in the mid-sized range and it was a hot performer on the road and it did well in its maiden year. During the 1958 model year, 63,110 Edsels were produced. Edsel outsold DeSoto, Chrysler, and Studebaker. For every two Mercurys sold, one Edsel was sold despite Mercury having 20 years of brand loyalty and product history behind it.

Some say it was sunk because of poor quality, but the late 1950's was not an era of quality for any of America's auto makers. Which allowed Germany and Japan, who were going for quality, to gain a foothold here.

Some say that the timing was poor when the Edsel was launched at the beginning of the Eisenhower recession. But it had plenty of capital to weather that storm and other models introduced during that period and other recessions have done just fine.

The little know reason that the Edsel most likely didn't succeed is that the then Ford VP Robert McNamara didn't like it and planned to phase it out before it ever went into production. He loved the Ford Falcon, introduced the same year, and he thought the Edsel too flashy. It offended his sense of what an automobile should be. Some historians believe the Edsel would have developed staying power had McNamara not axed it.

And the rest, as they say, is history. Probably none of us have ever owned, driven, or even ridden in an Edsel. But every single one of us has heard of it. :)

13-AZ-MtT-15.jpg

The reason is obvious. It's that huge gaping maw. Conflicting vertical/horizontal lines insult the subconscious. What were they thinking?

The rear wasn't bad -- attached taken at a museum in Asheville. Nicer color on this one too I think.

Most of the old cars seem really ugly now......and huge....those fins in the back, I guess they were the thing back then. Watching a program that took place in the 50's and there were a bunch of old cars on the streets, and they were all big and clunky looking. I wonder how people will view our cars in, 50 years?

Forum List

Back