USMB Coffee Shop IV

Ain't it the truth. As a teenager, Hombre went to an Elvis concert in Lubbock Tx way back when. Tickets were $2. I love good music and enjoy being entertained. But the decibel levels now are alarming and the expense prohibitive. I don't admire any entertainer enough for that. Tough enough to go to the movies these days that costs a minimum of $20 to $30 if you have any kind of snacks/drinks. And there just aren't enough really great movies being made today to justify that. :)
Modern movie going means that the show needs to be exceptional for me to pay to see it....Only been a handful of times over the last ten years or so.

The nature of the music and the good acoustics as Xcel would probably obviate the excessive decibel level....I'm still not forking over over $500 for a single show...Makes me a bit sad.

Modern movie going means that the show needs to be exceptional for me to pay to see it....Only been a handful of times over the last ten years or so.

The nature of the music and the good acoustics as Xcel would probably obviate the excessive decibel level....I'm still not forking over over $500 for a single show...Makes me a bit sad.
Yes. It is sad. But there are apparently enough of the rich and unthrifty to keep those ticket prices sky high. And the ridiculous paychecks to the top tier artists are a huge part of the reason. I read that Taylor Swift gets $10 million to $14 million for every concert. I don't know if she pays any expenses out of that but nobody is worth that kind of money just for singing.

As for movies I so agree. I have a huge home movie collection but there are precious few in it that were made after 2000. I won't waste my time, much less my money, on films that use bad editing, gratuitous sex, violence, profanity and special effects to cover up lack of a coherent story line, sympathetic character development, great cinematography and acting, creative direction.

1711235265133.png

~S~

Ain't it the truth. As a teenager, Hombre went to an Elvis concert in Lubbock Tx way back when. Tickets were $2. I love good music and enjoy being entertained. But the decibel levels now are alarming and the expense prohibitive. I don't admire any entertainer enough for that. Tough enough to go to the movies these days that costs a minimum of $20 to $30 if you have any kind of snacks/drinks. And there just aren't enough really great movies being made today to justify that. :)
I skip the drinks/snacks. They’ve always been too expensive.
Not that I go to the movies often anyway 🙃

Wow. So 'splain.
WW2 B17 gunner FF
Many had interesting stories>>>
1711275806081.png

~S~

WW2 B17 gunner FF
Many had interesting stories>>>
View attachment 921624

~S~

Ah okay. My Uncle Dwayne Smith flew one in WWII and Korea. When he was stationed at Holloman AFB after the war, he would sometimes be out on maneuvers and would buzz our house in southeast New Mexico. :) When they put him into B-52s though he stopped doing that. I think the hard deck may have changed or otherwise he wasn't allow to fly that low.

We were supposed to get buried in snow today. think over a ft was predicted, so far maybe four inches and it seems to be tapering off. Going to change to rain overnite so who knows it may all be gone in the morning. This is the fisrt snow we have had that didnt leave grass peaking thru. Been a nice peaceful, calm winter.

We were supposed to get buried in snow today. think over a ft was predicted, so far maybe four inches and it seems to be tapering off. Going to change to rain overnite so who knows it may all be gone in the morning. This is the fisrt snow we have had that didnt leave grass peaking thru. Been a nice peaceful, calm winter.
Did you WANT to be buried in snow? They've been predicting rain and/or snow showers for us for days and days now but at most we get a very few sprinkles and that's it. We NEED the moisture but we much prefer rain to snow. Especially in late March.

Did you WANT to be buried in snow? They've been predicting rain and/or snow showers for us for days and days now but at most we get a very few sprinkles and that's it. We NEED the moisture but we much prefer rain to snow. Especially in late March.
Hi. Foxfyre, glad to see you!!! :) I missed all this good people all the days! :)

As for buried in snow... Did you see my land now, after this snowy winter? :)
But in some places I really buried some seedlings under snow to wait a spring :)

Hi. Foxfyre, glad to see you!!! :) I missed all this good people all the days! :)

As for buried in snow... Did you see my land now, after this snowy winter? :)
But in some places I really buried some seedlings under snow to wait a spring :)
Hey Sbiker. Good to see you too. I have wondered about you from time to time, how you're doing, whether all is well. And yes, I had read of the record snows in Moscow. You sincerely have my sympathy in all honesty I'm glad it is there and not here. (Hombre and my snow shoveling days are pretty much over. :) ) And your latitude is so far north of ours that I would imagine spring will be awhile arriving there probably?

Here in Albuquerque the flowering trees are in full bloom as are the daffodils and other early blooming flowers. With each day the danger of a hard freeze is less likely but by not past us yet.

Hey Sbiker. Good to see you too. I have wondered about you from time to time, how you're doing, whether all is well. And yes, I had read of the record snows in Moscow. You sincerely have my sympathy in all honesty I'm glad it is there and not here. (Hombre and my snow shoveling days are pretty much over. :) ) And your latitude is so far north of ours that I would imagine spring will be awhile arriving there probably?

Here in Albuquerque the flowering trees are in full bloom as are the daffodils and other early blooming flowers. With each day the danger of a hard freeze is less likely but by not past us yet.
As for snow - it's no a problem to any snow here, I have an experience how to live with it :) When I lived in Veduga, I seen snow about human grouth - it's no problem when you have an patience to grave it, lol.
I'm now in Moscow, but this winter there was a lot of snow :)
Now I sitting in my home, drinking red dry and missing of all this persons in chat. Why I'm wrong? :)

As for snow - it's no a problem to any snow here, I have an experience how to live with it :) When I lived in Veduga, I seen snow about human grouth - it's no problem when you have an patience to grave it, lol.
I'm now in Moscow, but this winter there was a lot of snow :)
Now I sitting in my home, drinking red dry and missing of all this persons in chat. Why I'm wrong? :)
I do not think you are wrong at all. :)

Ah okay. My Uncle Dwayne Smith flew one in WWII and Korea. When he was stationed at Holloman AFB after the war, he would sometimes be out on maneuvers and would buzz our house in southeast New Mexico. :) When they put him into B-52s though he stopped doing that. I think the hard deck may have changed or otherwise he wasn't allow to fly that low.
Back then, B-52s were strictly high altitude, so the opportunity for buzzing didn't present itself often.

Definitely wasn't at Holloman flying those.

Forum List

Back