USMB Coffee Shop IV

We very rarely afford real maple syrup these days because it is very expensive here. We do buy raw unrefined honey and use it as a sweetener in lieu of storebought sugar laden syrup. It's also expensive but more affordable than maple syrup. I would love to see the maple sap prepared for market though.
Sometime back, there was an online nutritional statement on why inhabitants are very intellectual with not only high IQ a but also tops in the nation of longevity. The food items they claimed for all these good traits were blueberries and real maple syrup. When my late husband treated us with a vacation to the Eastern board, we landed in Boston, Bill rented a car at the airport, and we had the best vacation ever with travelling through the most colorful trees of maple reds and oranges, historic museums of Early American Life, a world class quilt museum. And for the first time in my life, I earned an addiction to--yep. Maple syrup. I decided the make believe "maple flavored" pancake syrup on pancakes for years would never again take the place of the real deal addiction I acquired as we drove through forests in Vermont, Maine, and New Hampshire, not to mention Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island. The best syrup is bottled in glass. This year I ran out of sugar one day and put cream and maple syrup in my morning coffee, which made good coffee far better than empty calorie sugar (negated by most nutritional scientists) and I've used maple syrup as my sweet tooth coolant ever since.
Plus, just a little dab of maple syrup makes me feel good. And since its sweetness and wonderful flavor is a good day starter, it doesn't cost more than buying a 5 pound sack of sugar that is tasteless by comparison. It only takes a teaspoon of real maple syrup to replace a tablespoon of cane sugar. And because it has little known health benefits I may join the club that lives to be a hundred years old. Longevity runs in my grandmother's family. Good night, everyone. Hope you get a good night's sleep and a great weekend.

1710550973494.png

~S~

Sometime back, there was an online nutritional statement on why inhabitants are very intellectual with not only high IQ a but also tops in the nation of longevity. The food items they claimed for all these good traits were blueberries and real maple syrup. When my late husband treated us with a vacation to the Eastern board, we landed in Boston, Bill rented a car at the airport, and we had the best vacation ever with travelling through the most colorful trees of maple reds and oranges, historic museums of Early American Life, a world class quilt museum. And for the first time in my life, I earned an addiction to--yep. Maple syrup. I decided the make believe "maple flavored" pancake syrup on pancakes for years would never again take the place of the real deal addiction I acquired as we drove through forests in Vermont, Maine, and New Hampshire, not to mention Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island. The best syrup is bottled in glass. This year I ran out of sugar one day and put cream and maple syrup in my morning coffee, which made good coffee far better than empty calorie sugar (negated by most nutritional scientists) and I've used maple syrup as my sweet tooth coolant ever since.
Plus, just a little dab of maple syrup makes me feel good. And since its sweetness and wonderful flavor is a good day starter, it doesn't cost more than buying a 5 pound sack of sugar that is tasteless by comparison. It only takes a teaspoon of real maple syrup to replace a tablespoon of cane sugar. And because it has little known health benefits I may join the club that lives to be a hundred years old. Longevity runs in my grandmother's family. Good night, everyone. Hope you get a good night's sleep and a great weekend.
I'm afraid I want a bit more maple syrup when I use it than you probably do. But honey is so strong it does take only a very little bit to satisfy my serious sweet tooth.

A WIFE Sends a text message to her husband:
WIFE: Honey, please don't forget to buy bread when you're coming home from work and lest I forget. . .your girlfriend Elizabeth is also here and says hello to you.
HUSBAND: Who is Elizabeth?
WIFE : Nobody, I just wanted you to respond, so I can have confirmation that you saw my message.
HUSBAND: But I’m with Elizabeth right now, I thought you saw us!
WIFE: What! Where are you?
Husband: Near the neighborhood bakery.
WIFE: Wait, I’m coming right now!
After 5 minutes, his wife sends a message:
WIFE: I’m at the bakery, where are you?
HUSBAND: I’m at work. Now that you’re at the bakery, please buy the bread and go home!

No ocean view here either--unless you use the painting of Genoa Italy that's on the wall. In spite of the phone call I got last night asking if the coast was clear. I said, "How should I know, its 300 miles away." LOL
The wonderful thing about the Coffee shop is it can be anywhere and we can live out our best dreams and visions here. :) Roughly what part of the country are you in Concerned American. And welcome to the Coffee Shop. If you haven't already done so, please read over the OP to see what we're all about in here and then keep right on joining in. We're happy you're here. :)

By the way first timers to the Coffee Shop receive a complimentary beverage. I'm in the mood to make something really interesting this afternoon so here you go. (No idea what's in it but it's the Coffee Shop so it can be anything you want. :) )

1710621454495.png

Last edited:
LOL. No. The Coffee Shop could be anywhere. Maybe in your back yard. :)
No ocean view here either--unless you use the painting of Genoa Italy that's on the wall. LOL
The wonderful thing about the Coffee shop is it can be anywhere and we can live out our best dreams and visions here. :) Roughly what part of the country are you in Concerned American. And welcome to the Coffee Shop. If you haven't already done so, please read over the OP to see what we're all about in here and then keep right on joining in. We're happy you're here. :)

By the way first timers to the Coffee Shop receive a complimentary beverage. I'm in the mood to make something really interesting this afternoon so here you go. (No idea what's in it but it's the Coffee Shop so it can be anything you want. :) )

View attachment 918142N
NE WA (almost free ID) I'm just finishing my daily fruit drink--fresh cherries, blueberries, mango, pineapple, strawberries, apple, nectarine, banana and ginger -- all blended for a smoothie.

No ocean view here either--unless you use the painting of Genoa Italy that's on the wall. LOL

NE WA (almost free ID) I'm just finishing my daily fruit drink--fresh cherries, blueberries, mango, pineapple, strawberries, apple, nectarine, banana and ginger -- all blended for a smoothie.
Wow. Impressive! I usually limit the fruit in mine to the pure apple juice I use to thin down the mix plus a blended orange, apple and a handful of frozen blueberries. Sometimes if I have fresh watermelon or cantaloupe in the fridge I'll toss in some of that. Once in a blue moon will also add a banana because hubby likes it but I find the banana flavor pretty much cancels out everything else so I usually don't include them.

Can you see Canada from your house? :)

Well, it's been a while but I'm still just as boring..

So .. does anybody want to talk about the weather? .. :laugh:
All I can say is weather forecasting around here sucks. They did get it right that it would be super windy yesterday. But we were supposed to have soaking rain today and so far we've only had a few sprinkles. More rain forecast tomorrow but I'll believe it when I see it.

Right now I'm trying to psyche myself into going to the grocery store and not succeeding. Probably won't. :)

Also I have Aunt Betty's tax stuff in piles all over our large kitchen table and need to get back to putting that together for her accountant. Not being very successful in talking myself into that either.

Wow. Impressive! I usually limit the fruit in mine to the pure apple juice I use to thin down the mix plus a blended orange, apple and a handful of frozen blueberries. Sometimes if I have fresh watermelon or cantaloupe in the fridge I'll toss in some of that. Once in a blue moon will also add a banana because hubby likes it but I find the banana flavor pretty much cancels out everything else so I usually don't include them.

Can you see Canada from your house? :)
I forgot the guava juice and coconut water--I wish we could get good cantaloupe up here. We get them green and they have to be finished off in a paper bag on the counter for about three weeks--no flavor. I love cantaloupe and really miss it. Good peaches are also non existent up here.
Nope, we are close (50 miles) and we visit Canada a few times a year, but we can't see it. When we lived in Las Cruces, we used to do the same to Mexico--Juarez and Palomas.

It was so much like spring today my Darlin and I went out shopping for fruit trees. First place we went .. nothing, second place .. nothing, third place, getting the drift .. nothing, 4th place.. because it’s next to a Coffee Shop .. pleasing possibilities and 3 winners, nectarine, plum and a coffee.
Now on to our mini-orchard, first round, my wife says 4 trees, I say 6, it’s unlikely that she’ll win this one .. I’ve been extra sweet lately and her resistance is down. 😄

I forgot the guava juice and coconut water--I wish we could get good cantaloupe up here. We get them green and they have to be finished off in a paper bag on the counter for about three weeks--no flavor. I love cantaloupe and really miss it. Good peaches are also non existent up here.
Nope, we are close (50 miles) and we visit Canada a few times a year, but we can't see it. When we lived in Las Cruces, we used to do the same to Mexico--Juarez and Palomas.
You left New Mexico for Washington State? Something of a culture shock I would guess. Unless your time in New Mexico was just a temporary thing.

Forum List

Back