USMB Coffee Shop IV

The 101st Airborne Division’s “Filthy Thirteen”volunteer pathfinders preparing to parachute into France, 6 June 1944
1710712507985.png

~S~

We pray or send positive thoughts or keep vigil for:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list. Another surgery coming up.
Ringel for continued wellness and his brothers' families for relief from adversity and illness.
Hombre & Foxfyre's son Mike for continued wellness
Beautress's friend Ken for healing and wellness.
Dale Smith for quality of life.
SFC Ollie for healing and wellness
Gracie for solutions and peace.
Mrs. Saveliberty for rapid and trouble free healing
Oddball's mom for a good diagnosis and resolution.
Boedicca's brother Douglas for successful treatment and wellness.

And we keep the light on so those who have moved on to other places can find their way back. And we hope they do.

1710715404763.png

We pray or send positive thoughts or keep vigil for:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list. Another surgery coming up.
Ringel for continued wellness and his brothers' families for relief from adversity and illness.
Hombre & Foxfyre's son Mike for continued wellness
Beautress's friend Ken for healing and wellness.
Dale Smith for quality of life.
SFC Ollie for healing and wellness
Gracie for solutions and peace.
Mrs. Saveliberty for rapid and trouble free healing
Oddball's mom for a good diagnosis and resolution.
Boedicca's brother Douglas for successful treatment and wellness.

And we keep the light on so those who have moved on to other places can find their way back. And we hope they do.

View attachment 918634
Happy St. Patrick's Day

My boy's been in one of those the last couple of days. He had a second surgery to remove another lump on the same leg he had a mass removed a few months back.

He was healing nicely until the other day when he decided to lick the area raw and bust it open.

I might take it off tonight and hit it with some vetericyn and dress it so he can lose the cone.

My boy's been in one of those the last couple of days. He had a second surgery to remove another lump on the same leg he had a mass removed a few months back.

He was healing nicely until the other day when he decided to lick the area raw and bust it open.

I might take it off tonight and hit it with some vetericyn and dress it so he can lose the cone.
Good luck. It feels worse when our kids and fur friends get sick than it does when we get sick. But truth be told, I think the cones bother us a whole lot more than they bother the pooch. But I hope you find a solution you both enjoy.

Good luck. It feels worse when our kids and fur friends get sick than it does when we get sick. But truth be told, I think the cones bother us a whole lot more than they bother the pooch. But I hope you find a solution you both enjoy.

I took it off him and dressed the wound last night. Will see how it goes. Been going through this same routine for months now after two back to back surgeries on that same leg. If I give him a chance to go without a cone and a dressing, and then turn my back for like five minutes, it takes about three licks with his big, gritty tongue to tear it all up again.

But yeah. I think you're right about the cone bothering us more than them.

But then again, he does weird stuff with the cone on. He'll just sit there, staring into space for hours. Won't sleep or anything. He's got that ''why me Lord..what did I ever do...to deserve all of this'' look on his face. And then he paces, too. He's so big that he's knocking my knick knacks all over the place, with that cone.

Driving me nuts...

Last edited:
I took it off him and dressed the wound last night. Will see how it goes. Been going through this same routine for months now after two back to back surgeries on that same leg. If I give him a chance to go without a cone and a dressing, and then turn my back for like five minutes, it takes about three licks with his big, gritty tongue to tear it all up again.

But then again, he does weird stuff with the cone on. He'll just sit there, staring into space for hours. Won't sleep or anything. He's got that ''why me Lord..what did I ever do...to deserve all of this'' look on his face. And then he paces, too. He's so big that he's knocking my knick knacks all over the place, with that cone.

Driving me nuts...
Aw I so understand. Maybe he needs a smaller cone? Our dog did just fine with the cone following two back knee surgeries, but they're just like us. Each one is different.

So, the first rock concert I ever went to was ELO in 1978....Still the best show I ever saw.

Jeff Lynne (the writer/front man for ELO) is doing a farewell tour this summer, and I looked into tix...Though it can't ever be the same, the nostalgia draw is irresistible.

Fairly decent club level tix, stage left or right, are over $250 EACH....Add in the two-way drive that will be longer than the show, hotel stay, food and peripherals, and we're approaching $1K. :uhoh3:

Suddenly, very resistible. :(

So, the first rock concert I ever went to was ELO in 1978....Still the best show I ever saw.

Jeff Lynne (the writer/front man for ELO) is doing a farewell tour this summer, and I looked into tix...Though it can't ever be the same, the nostalgia draw is irresistible.

Fairly decent club level tix, stage left or right, are over $250 EACH....Add in the two-way drive that will be longer than the show, hotel stay, food and peripherals, and we're approaching $1K. :uhoh3:

I remember going to shows in the 90s and paying like $10-15 for a show. I'm talking about small venue shows, not arenas or anything like that, but still. The same sorts of shows today cost more like $35-40. I was considering going to see Stone Temple Pilots and Live, they have a tour for the 30th anniversary of albums they put out. Neither band has all the same people; the original singer of STP is long dead, Live only has the singer remaining from the original band. It's almost like a tribute show; tickets start at about $120 each. Nope, not doing that. Especially not as the last show I went to, my lady and I ended up with COVID after it.

Ain't it the truth. As a teenager, Hombre went to an Elvis concert in Lubbock Tx way back when. Tickets were $2. I love good music and enjoy being entertained. But the decibel levels now are alarming and the expense prohibitive. I don't admire any entertainer enough for that. Tough enough to go to the movies these days that costs a minimum of $20 to $30 if you have any kind of snacks/drinks. And there just aren't enough really great movies being made today to justify that. :)

Driving me nuts...
Your dog needs one of those large plastic, circular collars that prevents them from biting and chewing where they should leave dressings or healing areas alone. They don't like it, but it works.

Forum List

Back