USMB Coffee Shop IV

I left USMB because I felt it was not a free speech board any more. Now, out in the US, we are seeing cancel culture and censorship on full display. I was hoping the board had a change of heart with all that is happening. Looks the same to me.

What has been happening with save? Added grandkid number four, Ainsley. Mrs. Liberty let in a momma cat and two kittens in December. We rehomed the most friendly feral kitten Boo. Bella the mom and Buckwheat (quickly renamed Trouble) have found their forever home with us. Took us almost a month to get Trouble to let us pet her. All three are Calicos. Covid has kept me from the grandkids for the better part of 8 months. Haven't met the new yet. As a postal employee I will always be the Covid leper. Absolutely no time to get a vaccine with the hours of work not meshing with appointments for the shot. Essential employees...right...

My big stock investment has taken its own sweet time growing. Hitting $1,000,000 seems overly optimistic at this point, although I am at $100,000 and expect 3 - 500,000 in the next six months. My converted USMB time to watching stocks has paid off. Mrs. Liberty and I bought guns for Christmas. Actually bought them before the election. 380 handguns. She already has a Concealed Carry Permit. I will take the class in April. Never expected to own one. It was a strange year.

Looks like most of the Coffee Shop core is still here and I am thankful for that. I will try to be less of a stranger. Be well and may good fortune shine on each and every one of you.
So glad you dropped by, Save. I have a sad about national covid and some contemporary issues, and some days I tune into Dish TV, western channel 217.. Today I just happened to touch the western channel for a little escape and locked onto a rerun of "How the West Was Won." It first ran as a tv series of 5 succeeding shows (although I thought there were more back at the only time I saw it and couldn't wait till next week when the next segment aired. It started many of my favorite actors 60s through 80s, maybe.

So glad you reached out to us today, Save.
I like watching the old stuff, too, Beau. I don't have dish, cable, or any other premium channels so it's all local stuff all the time and they do have a lot of channels featuring a variety of older shows. I used to watch "Burns and Allen" on weekends.

Our favorite TV shows these days are M*A*S*H, Andy Griffith, Golden Girls, Barney Miller, Cheers, Frazier etc. And we have 2 or 3 channels on our cable system that show all those old shows regularly. Modern stuff isn't nearly as good at entertaining, story lines are confused or lacking, little or no character development, good directing replaced by special effects that become tedious & frustrating after awhile. I am in my twilight years for sure and try to be forward thinking and not live in the past, but I'll admit to being very retro when it comes to TV or movies.

What a tidy kitty. Hey, did you know they have a Kitten Bowl that runs concurrent with the Super Bowl? Puppy Bowl, too... Lots more fun for me to watch than a bunch of big guys basically beating the crap out of each other over a weird-looking ball.

I like college football. Pros on their knees pregame make me sick. Haven't watched the Stupor Bowl in three years. Before that it was mostly for the TV ads. They use to be so creative and funny.
The ads were good in the olden days. Now, they're just as politicized as the game. Who watches any sports event for the politics?

Which is why I don't watch much, if any, sports on TV. Quite unenthusiastic about the Super Bowl today though Hombre will most likely have it on. We have long been Chiefs fans (after the Cowboys of course) but also our heart is with Brady winning that 7th Super Bowl ring. It is what it is.

What a tidy kitty. Hey, did you know they have a Kitten Bowl that runs concurrent with the Super Bowl? Puppy Bowl, too... Lots more fun for me to watch than a bunch of big guys basically beating the crap out of each other over a weird-looking ball.

I like college football. Pros on their knees pregame make me sick. Haven't watched the Stupor Bowl in three years. Before that it was mostly for the TV ads. They use to be so creative and funny.
The ads were good in the olden days. Now, they're just as politicized as the game. Who watches any sports event for the politics?
I haven't watched one NFL game this year.

Here’s the big question... Can youth and determination beat out old age and experience? I rubbed my crystal ball a few times and it tells me the KC Chiefs will win the Super Bowl.

Tomorrow I’m going to have my crystal ball drilled out so I can use it as a bowling ball, I don’t know which was worse - the game or the half-time show.

Ain't it the truth?! Game was boring as heck and the halftime show a huge yawn. (My granddaughter loved the halftime show though.) I only watched the game to keep Hombre company because it's not any fun watching by yourself. But all in all a huge ho-hum. I am happy for Brady's 7th Super Bowl ring though. That's a record that won't soon be broken.

I'm glad that's settled ... Hello ladies if you're still around.. :)
Lumpy! Good to see ya!

I haven't been around much .. soOo .. any updates of what Lady Beautress has been up to?.. :wink_2:
Yep. My house guest wants to get married with the catch he wants to live the life of a monk. So I let the marriage license lapse several months ago and discovered the monk loves boating. Visits friends of his who live over 30 miles and a lot more a minimum of 4 times a week till after dark. He hates everything I love, but had to have a new truck, a pontoon boat an antique convertible sports car and a trike motorcycle in red, white and blue. In return, he was working on a 24x30 building for my fabric collection because he hates looking at it. Unfortunately, he spends so much time with his new toys and giving his pals a ride that his 2 week task has turned into no significant completion activity. I haven't done any charity work in weeks but have crocheted 500 6-border squares just to not think about my sorrows that I fell for someone who hates every meal I cook, my failure to work like a 20- year old top housekeeper daily, thinks my returned pain of fibromyalgia that returned last month is all in my head and how disappointed he is in my faults while I wash and fold his clothes, supervise helpers who come in to vacuum and clean the guest room he occupies because I am allergic to his cigarettes he smokes after promising me he would not smoke in the house.
God, I'm feeling blue when thinking about my sorry life, plus he hates my church.

Sorry you asked yet? :laugh2: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :lol:

Nope .. but .. my "rollercoaster" seems pretty mellow at the moment..

So anyway .. is there a happy ending on this adventure .. ?
Good question, Mr. Lumpy. But if I have to live like a monk, it's going to end. I am fed up with negativity 24/7 and chronic bronchial issues with my allergies to things seen and unseen. Time for vespers. Goodnight all, dear friends. :huddle:

I really do appreciate getting an update on you Lady B. (I do care) but I tend to not pass judgements on relationships unless directly asked and typically in private. T

The reason .. I know a lot of couples with screwy relationships (in my opinion)

but and well ... if this is the same putz of the past, it's been a while now and the question is .. what's really holding you back?

mmm .. is fear involved?

I haven't watched one NFL game this year.

.. me neither .. this year, last year or the year before .. ;)

Just dropping in to say hello. Hope everyone is okay. I want to thank Lumpy and everyone for their sympathy, but I must take responsibility for my little heartbreak holocaust by welcoming someone I fell in love with at first sight to stay in my guest room to escape the millions of roaches in his motorhome. It serves me right, because now, I can't control the roaches, forgot how to cook, and seem to have chronic bronchial asthma that frequently becomes pneumonia. I learned that the eye deceiveth, and the ear mourneth when you bring bad luck upon yourself.

Hindsight has 20-20 vision, too. :lol:
He will have to leave at his pleasure, because I am not throwing out a Vietnam vet and war hero who himself is elderly.

So check your spurs, sidearms, politics,
No-

1613227331417.png

I just got a warning to urgently update windows 10 due to some threat. I clicked restart and it took a quarter of an hour to move from the restarting screen. I was just about to press the restart button on my computer thinking it had crashed. But apparently it takes a quarter of an hour to work. So if that happens to you don't restart your computer. Just wait it out.

Forum List

Back