USMB Coffee Shop IV

I just got a warning to urgently update windows 10 due to some threat. I clicked restart and it took a quarter of an hour to move from the restarting screen. I was just about to press the restart button on my computer thinking it had crashed. But apparently it takes a quarter of an hour to work. So if that happens to you don't restart your computer. Just wait it out.

We get some kind of temporary thing where a Windows alert completely takes over our computer--pretty sure it's from malicious sites & likely a scam. Usually going to the task manager and closing Google takes care of it. Until I figured that out though it was maddening.

So check your spurs, sidearms, politics,
No-

View attachment 456626

Oh come on @Gdjrr. Get into the spirit of the thing. . .it really works here in the Coffee Shop and I am a passionate 2A defender too as well as passionate on politics etc. Just not in here. :)

Meanwhile glad you found the Coffee Shop and keep right on joining in. Very eclectic, sometimes grumpy, sometimes hilarious, informative, silly, thoughtful, introspective group here, but always loved. All welcome within those parameters.

First timers receive a complimentary beverage that I'll unobtrusively sneak onto your table. :)

1613238511429.png

Update.

Daughter is over the moon. Just been declared cancer free.

But what a price to pay. Two radical surgeries. They took out ten lymph nodes!

Great news Mindful, but so terrible she (and you) had to go through that.

Thankyou. She has suffered. Worrying, negative thinking, etc.

Don’t know when we’ll meet again, aka c0vid.

I just got a warning to urgently update windows 10 due to some threat. I clicked restart and it took a quarter of an hour to move from the restarting screen. I was just about to press the restart button on my computer thinking it had crashed. But apparently it takes a quarter of an hour to work. So if that happens to you don't restart your computer. Just wait it out.

We get some kind of temporary thing where a Windows alert completely takes over our computer--pretty sure it's from malicious sites & likely a scam. Usually going to the task manager and closing Google takes care of it. Until I figured that out though it was maddening.
If it's telling you you need to update and it's just started recently it is from Microsoft. They discovered a serious vulnerability and that's the fix for it. Just to make sure go to:
Settings > Update & Security settings > Windows Update, click on Check For Updates. If there's an update available it will tell you and let you start the update.

How's every one doing? Mindful, really sorry you can't be with your daughter right now, must be frustrating.

Basically still plodding along, had some issues recently and talked with a grief counselor yesterday, it helped. Ya know it's been six months? Seems like yesterday sometimes.
The biggest challenges I've faced lately are I get easily emotional sometimes over the stupidest things and occasionally asking myself what's the point of continuing on. Both normal grief reactions and no, I have no intention of ending it all or locking myself away from the world forever. I actually want to get out, go do things, have some fun. I also need to forgive myself for not being the perfect husband or giving her everything she ever wanted, not fixing the cancer, I have to forgive myself for being human.
Hopefully by relating this I can help someone who's going through or will be going through what I'm dealing with. God bless you all.

How's every one doing? Mindful, really sorry you can't be with your daughter right now, must be frustrating.

Basically still plodding along, had some issues recently and talked with a grief counselor yesterday, it helped. Ya know it's been six months? Seems like yesterday sometimes.
The biggest challenges I've faced lately are I get easily emotional sometimes over the stupidest things and occasionally asking myself what's the point of continuing on. Both normal grief reactions and no, I have no intention of ending it all or locking myself away from the world forever. I actually want to get out, go do things, have some fun. I also need to forgive myself for not being the perfect husband or giving her everything she ever wanted, not fixing the cancer, I have to forgive myself for being human.
Hopefully by relating this I can help someone who's going through or will be going through what I'm dealing with. God bless you all.

One of my neighbours lost her husband this past summer. The rules for hospice meant she couldn't have contact with anyone else, including her elderly mother who is in memory care. Or her grandchildren she did child care for. Just so she could visit with him. They couldn't have a funeral after he died, and she's really struggled to get over his death.

I don't know what your lockdown situation is there, but here we're in full on lockdown, and everyone is feeling cut off and stressed. Her husband had cancer and he had kidney failure before the cancer, and was going into the city for dialysis three times a week. Normally should would have had the help and comfort of her extended family through all of this but with the crud, she was cut off and alone.

The pandemic has made moving ahead hard because none of us knows what the future even looks like now. For those who have lost loved ones in all of this, it's hardest of all. Don't be so hard on yourself. Easier said than done, but you really aren't alone in all this.

One of my neighbours lost her husband this past summer. The rules for hospice meant she couldn't have contact with anyone else, including her elderly mother who is in memory care. Or her grandchildren she did child care for. Just so she could visit with him. They couldn't have a funeral after he died, and she's really struggled to get over his death.

I don't know what your lockdown situation is there, but here we're in full on lockdown, and everyone is feeling cut off and stressed. Her husband had cancer and he had kidney failure before the cancer, and was going into the city for dialysis three times a week. Normally should would have had the help and comfort of her extended family through all of this but with the crud, she was cut off and alone.

The pandemic has made moving ahead hard because none of us knows what the future even looks like now. For those who have lost loved ones in all of this, it's hardest of all. Don't be so hard on yourself. Easier said than done, but you really aren't alone in all this.
I just realized what I'm doing is recycling my grief, reliving it and not really dealing with it thereby getting lost in it. I need to start finding closure. Our hospice team is great and I should check with the grief counselor and so should she, even if only by phone. As for our lockdown it's not really that strict. As for the hospice rules she's supposedly dealing with maybe she misunderstood, I was told to meet with friends and family as much as possible, wear a mask, etc.
One thing I started doing after Kat died was keep a daily "grief" journal but my last entry before today was Sept 9th, it really helps to write everything down, what happened, what I'm feeling. It helps me focus.

I just realized what I'm doing is recycling my grief, reliving it and not really dealing with it thereby getting lost in it. I need to start finding closure. Our hospice team is great and I should check with the grief counselor and so should she, even if only by phone. As for our lockdown it's not really that strict. As for the hospice rules she's supposedly dealing with maybe she misunderstood, I was told to meet with friends and family as much as possible, wear a mask, etc.
One thing I started doing after Kat died was keep a daily "grief" journal but my last entry before today was Sept 9th, it really helps to write everything down, what happened, what I'm feeling. It helps me focus.

The grief process is never entirely predictable as to what and when, but only that it is necessary. But if you're struggling a good grief counselor might be some help. It sure couldn't hurt. You are more isolated than most in your situation so you don't have as much opportunity to diffuse those feelings that can overwhelm us without some kind of outlet.

I had to go internet searching to find out why me decaf coffee makes me so sleepy. Seems caffeine wears off after awhile and does the opposite. But why would DEcaf do that? Weird, eh?

For most people, caffeine is a mild stimulant and can keep a lot of people from getting sleepy. But decaf doesn't have that effect on most. Maybe you just need sleep?

Ringel, I have pondered what you said about cancer a while back.
I don’t think one can totally relax about these things. Life has a way of sneaking up on you unexpectedly.

A Contribution to "Coffee" for the coffee shop I wrote last fall

Coffee and cigarettes are the comp'ny I keep
on a perfect autumn night with a sky black and deep
not a leaf is stirring, not a sound bein made
it's great to be alive, hearing the whisper of sleep

Writin songs in my head that may never be sang
with music that may never be played
about a love gone wrong or a love that might have been
with words that don't rhyme
and music out of sync
but its great to be alive hearing the whisper of sleep

Talkin to the sky black and deep
with coffee and cigarettes, the comp'ny I keep
with words that don't rhyme
and music out of sync
it's great to be alive
hearin the whisper of sleep
with coffee and cigarettes, the comp'ny I keep

Just dropping in to say hello. Hope everyone is okay. I want to thank Lumpy and everyone for their sympathy, but I must take responsibility for my little heartbreak holocaust by welcoming someone I fell in love with at first sight to stay in my guest room to escape the millions of roaches in his motorhome. It serves me right, because now, I can't control the roaches, forgot how to cook, and seem to have chronic bronchial asthma that frequently becomes pneumonia. I learned that the eye deceiveth, and the ear mourneth when you bring bad luck upon yourself.

Hindsight has 20-20 vision, too. :lol:
He will have to leave at his pleasure, because I am not throwing out a Vietnam vet and war hero who himself is elderly.

I bet I can heave him out the door and he doesn't hit the ground for five feet past the door frame.

Forum List

Back