USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'm glad that's settled ... Hello ladies if you're still around.. :)
Lumpy! Good to see ya!

I haven't been around much .. soOo .. any updates of what Lady Beautress has been up to?.. :wink_2:
Yep. My house guest wants to get married with the catch he wants to live the life of a monk. So I let the marriage license lapse several months ago and discovered the monk loves boating. Visits friends of his who live over 30 miles and a lot more a minimum of 4 times a week till after dark. He hates everything I love, but had to have a new truck, a pontoon boat an antique convertible sports car and a trike motorcycle in red, white and blue. In return, he was working on a 24x30 building for my fabric collection because he hates looking at it. Unfortunately, he spends so much time with his new toys and giving his pals a ride that his 2 week task has turned into no significant completion activity. I haven't done any charity work in weeks but have crocheted 500 6-border squares just to not think about my sorrows that I fell for someone who hates every meal I cook, my failure to work like a 20- year old top housekeeper daily, thinks my returned pain of fibromyalgia that returned last month is all in my head and how disappointed he is in my faults while I wash and fold his clothes, supervise helpers who come in to vacuum and clean the guest room he occupies because I am allergic to his cigarettes he smokes after promising me he would not smoke in the house.
God, I'm feeling blue when thinking about my sorry life, plus he hates my church.

Sorry you asked yet? :laugh2: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :lol:

Nope .. but .. my "rollercoaster" seems pretty mellow at the moment..

So anyway .. is there a happy ending on this adventure .. ?
Good question, Mr. Lumpy. But if I have to live like a monk, it's going to end. I am fed up with negativity 24/7 and chronic bronchial issues with my allergies to things seen and unseen. Time for vespers. Goodnight all, dear friends. :huddle:

Lumpy! Good to see ya!

I haven't been around much .. soOo .. any updates of what Lady Beautress has been up to?.. :wink_2:
Yep. My house guest wants to get married with the catch he wants to live the life of a monk. So I let the marriage license lapse several months ago and discovered the monk loves boating. Visits friends of his who live over 30 miles and a lot more a minimum of 4 times a week till after dark. He hates everything I love, but had to have a new truck, a pontoon boat an antique convertible sports car and a trike motorcycle in red, white and blue. In return, he was working on a 24x30 building for my fabric collection because he hates looking at it. Unfortunately, he spends so much time with his new toys and giving his pals a ride that his 2 week task has turned into no significant completion activity. I haven't done any charity work in weeks but have crocheted 500 6-border squares just to not think about my sorrows that I fell for someone who hates every meal I cook, my failure to work like a 20- year old top housekeeper daily, thinks my returned pain of fibromyalgia that returned last month is all in my head and how disappointed he is in my faults while I wash and fold his clothes, supervise helpers who come in to vacuum and clean the guest room he occupies because I am allergic to his cigarettes he smokes after promising me he would not smoke in the house.
God, I'm feeling blue when thinking about my sorry life, plus he hates my church.

I'm glad you can find the funny side to that Beautress, but geez, I can't imagine such a toxic relationship. And so sorry the fibromyalgia is back. Like you really need that. Not!! But you are precious to us and I believe you'll find a soul mate that recognizes that. So pulling for a remedy for your dilemma. We have a similar cross to bear in our family but don't have to live with it every day.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here. Meanwhile we pray or send positive vibes or keep vigil for:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list.
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Kat for wellness
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Mindful and healing for her shoulder.
Good results for Nosmo King 's step nephew dealing with difficult surgeries.
Beautress for wellness.
Ringel, Peach, Gracie, everybody dealing with depression and adjustment.
Mindful's daughter diagnosed with cancer.
Ollie's brother recovering from major surgery.
gallantwarrior for healing, health & getting through the winter
Beautress for solutions and happiness
Nosmo King for healing and health

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they do.

No matter how cold the winter, spring is out there. . .somewhere.
1612599792571.png

Sigh. It is SO depressing at this place where I live. Stupid rules, and whats worse is....I have always been pretty much a loner. Was always busy running the apartments, my shops, then dealing with tenant issues, etc. Never really had time to make friends. Now that I think about it, it was a blessing.

I have made friends here. But then they die. or will die. I am 69 years old and those new friends are in their 80's and even early 90's. These people I see every day and some I drag along with me thrift shopping. Or giving their dog a bath. Or helping them find their apartment if lost in this maze, or pushing them back to their apartment because their caregiver took off and left them in the community hall.

So..now some of them are in the hospital across the street. One will not be coming back due to needing a more care somewhere else that is hospital like. One is battling sepsis/1 bloodclots/biopsies of her lungs. 2 died in the past month and 1 as recently as just day before yesterday. And when they are gone, for whatever reason, I feel sad. I miss them. I would prefer to be a loner again but can't now obviously. But I CAN return to that mode if I could only get the hell out of here. Which I plan to do asap. I am on 3 lists now. 1 is not just seniors apts. 2 are senior apts. One is in Paradise which is being rebuilt. The other two are home (beach) and the other about 4 miles away on the outskirts of a small town not connected to this one and located in a country setting. Which means less noise. I prefer to go back to the beach. No elderly friends dying, no noise except waves and a fog horn.

Daily, an ambulance arrives at the back gate due to someone falling ill...or found dead. I dread hearing the damn sirens because I wonder...is it someone I know and befriended?

Anyway...that's my life now and I hate it. I miss what was.

Lumpy! Good to see ya!

Sweety...get rid of him. Depression can cause Fibro too, ya know. And thats why it is back. You live in a precariously bad situation, surrounded with the things you love that someone else hates. Please please please give him notice to vacate. You are more important than this selfish guy that loathes all that IS you. Your cooking, your love of quilting, how you manage housekeeping, etc. You are not you any more.

But who am I to talk? I am miserable in my life too. I won't leave him, but I wish I could. He is set here. But I KNOW if I did leave just to save myself, he would not survive long. So I have to stick around and hopefully get back home to the beach again where at least I can find some happiness for myself. However, at least he does not abuse me mentally or even physically. We just kinda fell away and now have nothing in common at all. Complete opposites on everything. Its not fun, so I know your misery.

Hugs

Lumpy! Good to see ya!

I'm glad you can find the funny side to that Beautress, but geez, I can't imagine such a toxic relationship. And so sorry the fibromyalgia is back. Like you really need that. Not!! But you are precious to us and I believe you'll find a soul mate that recognizes that. So pulling for a remedy for your dilemma. We have a similar cross to bear in our family but don't have to live with it every day.
I'll vouch for the toxic relationship thing. Since my partner became my ex-partner I have: lost almost 40 lbs; been much happier; gotten more things done and done more for myself than I thought possible; read volumes of books (because no one is there to bug me); and just generally enjoyed life without having the glowering storm cloud and not being picked on and bullied. Beau, you are worth so much more than he appears to realize. I recommend you lose some weight, lovely girl!

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here. Meanwhile we pray or send positive vibes or keep vigil for:

Kat for wellness
Beautress for wellness.

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they do.

View attachment 453747
I'm thinking I should give my place on the vigil list to someone else now, Foxy. I am doing sooooomuch better. I can even put on my own socks and shoes and am doing pretty much everything I could do before although a little more slowly but with practically no pain. I appreciate you all supporting me with prayers and best wishes all this time. You guys are my Coffee Shop family!

Sigh. It is SO depressing at this place where I live. Stupid rules, and whats worse is....I have always been pretty much a loner. Was always busy running the apartments, my shops, then dealing with tenant issues, etc. Never really had time to make friends. Now that I think about it, it was a blessing.

I have made friends here. But then they die. or will die. I am 69 years old and those new friends are in their 80's and even early 90's. These people I see every day and some I drag along with me thrift shopping. Or giving their dog a bath. Or helping them find their apartment if lost in this maze, or pushing them back to their apartment because their caregiver took off and left them in the community hall.

So..now some of them are in the hospital across the street. One will not be coming back due to needing a more care somewhere else that is hospital like. One is battling sepsis/1 bloodclots/biopsies of her lungs. 2 died in the past month and 1 as recently as just day before yesterday. And when they are gone, for whatever reason, I feel sad. I miss them. I would prefer to be a loner again but can't now obviously. But I CAN return to that mode if I could only get the hell out of here. Which I plan to do asap. I am on 3 lists now. 1 is not just seniors apts. 2 are senior apts. One is in Paradise which is being rebuilt. The other two are home (beach) and the other about 4 miles away on the outskirts of a small town not connected to this one and located in a country setting. Which means less noise. I prefer to go back to the beach. No elderly friends dying, no noise except waves and a fog horn.

Daily, an ambulance arrives at the back gate due to someone falling ill...or found dead. I dread hearing the damn sirens because I wonder...is it someone I know and befriended?

That sucks, Gracie! I still wish I could help you guys out. It's been bitter cold here and I confess, there are times I would like to be someplace warmer. I've been looking into other countries and have so far picked two I like. My brother is researching a move to Italy but I'm not particularly interested in Italy. At any rate, I will continue to research various warm, sunny locations that are inexpensive and welcome ex-pats.

Well, I'm back for a visit. Most everyone seems to be dealing with their various tribulations pretty well, but we all have come by some bit of wisdom over the years we've sucked oxygen off the planet.
As mentioned above, I am doing so much better solo than having the partner around. I have come to realize that he was about as useful as tits on a boar, always doing only what he wanted to, badly for the most part. I saw him last week and he hasn't recovered very well from the stroke/heart attack and I feel a little badly about setting him on his own. But I will not have him re-occupy my life. I don't need or want that kind of stress ever again.
My oldest granddaughter finally made it to her college. Of course, she's got her own dorm room, no roommates because of the virus situation. Lecture classes are still on line but the labs are live. She's pretty jazzed. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop because she's never been away from home this far for this long in her life.
I have three new kids (for now) and lost two to the cold. Early kids were not my plan, but this is still an aftermath of the ex's idiocy. We're having a spell of bitter cold and I just hope the little mites won't succumb to hypothermia like a few did last year.
The librarian at the local community library has gotten to know me pretty well. I have little space to keep books and little money to keep buying them. I have been melting my library card, though. It's been so cold, I go out and take care of my critters but spend a lot of my time reading. My generator likes the cold even less than I do so I rarely have electricity for TV, as if there's anything worth watching. Of course, being on line is another casualty to the lack of "juice".
OK, enough boring stuff. I'm just really glad to see y'all here and send all my best hopes and energy to help you all make it through whatever trials you are dealing with.

And isn't it a lovely afternoon, Coffee Shoppers? The rays of sun are coming into the room bringing warmth and Vitami D, commodities in short supply during February in the upper Ohio River valley. The National Weather Service has issued a Witch's Tit Alert for tomorrow night through Tuesday afternoon as we are expected to struggle to get into the single digits temperature-wise. But, baseball Spring training is a few weeks away (Let's Go Bucs!) so hope, as withthey say, springs eternal.

I've been thinking of my old, now very old, childhood friends and the nik-names we tagged each other with. There was Puddin' Head, Pork Chop and Midfat Wllson. I spent my childhood in a blissful mash-up of Boy Scouts and A our Gang movies

There was to be a Father/Son camp for Scouts at the old Presbyterian Churdh camp nestled in the valley through which Little Beaver Creek flows parallel to the P mmsyvaia/Ohio state line. The chiurxh camp was the venue because we boys could pitch our Korean War surplus canvas tent on a comfortable lawn while the father's slept indoors in the cabins and newly obuilt Lodge Goise fitted out with a kitchen, showers and fireplace.

The highlight of the weekend was a steak fry Saturday night, bring your own steaks. Pop bought 2 magnificent right rib-eyes for the occasion , wrapped them in aluminum foil and put them in the freezer. Once he got all set up in the lodge, he set them in the massive refrigerator to thaw.

Saturday was a great day!b chasing frogs along the creek bank, archery, a cannonball contest at the pool and a three mile hike with the exhausted fathers. Then, after a late afternoon break while cartons of chocolate milk were distributed to the boys and bottles of Miller High Life were consumed by the Dads, they fired up the charcoal grills, shucked an army of ears of sweet corn and sliced open a mound of watermelons.

Pop took his two foil-wrapped packages from the fridge and do no a spot on the beef-laden grills. My mouth actually watered in anticipation.

Then he unwrapped two home made jelly rolls Mom had baked then froze as desserts for our future enjoymentt.

Can you guess why my Nuuk-name as a kid was "Jelly Roll"?

Kat for wellness
Beautress for wellness.

View attachment 453747
I'm thinking I should give my place on the vigil list to someone else now, Foxy. I am doing sooooomuch better. I can even put on my own socks and shoes and am doing pretty much everything I could do before although a little more slowly but with practically no pain. I appreciate you all supporting me with prayers and best wishes all this time. You guys are my Coffee Shop family!
Time for Brother to come off the list also....

Daily, an ambulance arrives at the back gate due to someone falling ill...or found dead. I dread hearing the damn sirens

...that's my life now and I hate it. I miss what was.
Tyrosine, an amino acid in capsule form can uplift you, and a bar of Baker's chocolate divided into 5 day portions is better than a capsule of dlpa, aka (phenylalinine) if the Baker's chocolate is too tempting it gets itself eaten all at once. Tyrosine tablets are unnecessary if you count on turkey as a daily meat, which provides tyrosine that provides very cheerful stimulation of brain endorphins and encephalitis which produce almost as good comic rreliefs dear oddball's cartoons which never fail to get a chuckle out of me. I'm glad we shared our disappointments, because I mindlessly forgot about the tyrosine and dlpa, which had been left aside after Mr Negative vibes criticized my self care attempts as hypochondria. I'm considering getting swimmer ear plugs to avoid the noise. :lalala: Actually, there may be some wax plugs hiding in a drawer below the tyrosine bottle. It pays to be resourceful.

Hi, all, I'm VERY GLAD to see you all!

And life is beautiful!

And so glad to see you Sbiker. It's been awhile since you checked in. Glad to see you in good spirits, surviving COVID and your Russian winter. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Oh, covid was a serious adventure for me, I'm still notrestored back, but 1-2 months maybe it be a bit better...
^)

Oh my you had it? It can be really REALLY rough on some people for sure. Hombre lost a cousin to it and one of our best long time friends almost did not survive it. Others we know who had it got through it without anything drastic, but as Nosmo King testified, he wouldn't wish it on his worst enemy. Anyhow good that you're on the mend.
I've lost three relatives. And was in covid Hospital at VDNH, in reanimation with a serious pneumoina... It's really terrible virus, damns to the head of who constructed it in China laboratory!

Hi, all, I'm VERY GLAD to see you all!

And life is beautiful!

And so glad to see you Sbiker. It's been awhile since you checked in. Glad to see you in good spirits, surviving COVID and your Russian winter. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Oh, covid was a serious adventure for me, I'm still notrestored back, but 1-2 months maybe it be a bit better...
^)

Oh my you had it? It can be really REALLY rough on some people for sure. Hombre lost a cousin to it and one of our best long time friends almost did not survive it. Others we know who had it got through it without anything drastic, but as Nosmo King testified, he wouldn't wish it on his worst enemy. Anyhow good that you're on the mend.
I've lost three relatives. And was in covid Hospital at VDNH, in reanimation with a serious pneumoina... It's really terrible virus, damns to the head of who constructed it in China laboratory!
So sorry to hear of your losses, sbiker. Prayers up for all in your family and friends circles.:hands:

I left USMB because I felt it was not a free speech board any more. Now, out in the US, we are seeing cancel culture and censorship on full display. I was hoping the board had a change of heart with all that is happening. Looks the same to me.

What has been happening with save? Added grandkid number four, Ainsley. Mrs. Liberty let in a momma cat and two kittens in December. We rehomed the most friendly feral kitten Boo. Bella the mom and Buckwheat (quickly renamed Trouble) have found their forever home with us. Took us almost a month to get Trouble to let us pet her. All three are Calicos. Covid has kept me from the grandkids for the better part of 8 months. Haven't met the new yet. As a postal employee I will always be the Covid leper. Absolutely no time to get a vaccine with the hours of work not meshing with appointments for the shot. Essential employees...right...

My big stock investment has taken its own sweet time growing. Hitting $1,000,000 seems overly optimistic at this point, although I am at $100,000 and expect 3 - 500,000 in the next six months. My converted USMB time to watching stocks has paid off. Mrs. Liberty and I bought guns for Christmas. Actually bought them before the election. 380 handguns. She already has a Concealed Carry Permit. I will take the class in April. Never expected to own one. It was a strange year.

Looks like most of the Coffee Shop core is still here and I am thankful for that. I will try to be less of a stranger. Be well and may good fortune shine on each and every one of you.

I left USMB because I felt it was not a free speech board any more. Now, out in the US, we are seeing cancel culture and censorship on full display. I was hoping the board had a change of heart with all that is happening. Looks the same to me.

What has been happening with save? Added grandkid number four, Ainsley. Mrs. Liberty let in a momma cat and two kittens in December. We rehomed the most friendly feral kitten Boo. Bella the mom and Buckwheat (quickly renamed Trouble) have found their forever home with us. Took us almost a month to get Trouble to let us pet her. All three are Calicos. Covid has kept me from the grandkids for the better part of 8 months. Haven't met the new yet. As a postal employee I will always be the Covid leper. Absolutely no time to get a vaccine with the hours of work not meshing with appointments for the shot. Essential employees...right...

My big stock investment has taken its own sweet time growing. Hitting $1,000,000 seems overly optimistic at this point, although I am at $100,000 and expect 3 - 500,000 in the next six months. My converted USMB time to watching stocks has paid off. Mrs. Liberty and I bought guns for Christmas. Actually bought them before the election. 380 handguns. She already has a Concealed Carry Permit. I will take the class in April. Never expected to own one. It was a strange year.

Looks like most of the Coffee Shop core is still here and I am thankful for that. I will try to be less of a stranger. Be well and may good fortune shine on each and every one of you.
So glad you dropped by, Save. I have a sad about national covid and some contemporary issues, and some days I tune into Dish TV, western channel 217.. Today I just happened to touch the western channel for a little escape and locked onto a rerun of "How the West Was Won." It first ran as a tv series of 5 succeeding shows (although I thought there were more back at the only time I saw it and couldn't wait till next week when the next segment aired. It started many of my favorite actors 60s through 80s, maybe.

So glad you reached out to us today, Save.

Last edited:

Kat for wellness
Beautress for wellness.

View attachment 453747

Okay, but you still are off the grid at home, are managing a herd of goats in the middle of the winter, still have a sometimes nightmare commute, and still healing though so happy it's going well. But I'll take you off for now. I keep people like you on speed dial for the vigil list though. (teasing.)

Forum List

Back