Using Crutches

CMike

Zionist, proud to be
Oct 25, 2009
My wife broke her ankle in 3 places and had surgery with 6 screws.

She has crutches and has never used them before. I have been researching using the internet.

Anyone have advice on using crutches please?

Most doctor's offices, emergency rooms, ortho doctor's offices, etc. give very explicit directions on how to use crutches when they are given to the patient. They most always help adjust them so they are the correct fit for the patient too. Didn't your doctor's office do this with your wife? One very very important thing with the crutches. Make sure you keep the rubber tips on the floor end of the crutches DRY. If they get wet they become very slippery and it's a dangerous situation for your wife to be in.

When I was on crutches my younger brother got so pissed off at me that he stole one. I don't remember if it was the left or right crutch. AnywayS, he threw it into the neighbor's dog pen and it landed in a big pile of shit. Keep an eye on those crutches. And label them- L and R.

When I was on crutches my younger brother got so pissed off at me that he stole one. I don't remember if it was the left or right crutch. AnywayS, he threw it into the neighbor's dog pen and it landed in a big pile of shit. Keep an eye on those crutches. And label them- L and R.

Label them L and R??? Are you serious? Why? They are most likely exactly the same regardless of which one you use on either side...:cuckoo:

Most doctor's offices, emergency rooms, ortho doctor's offices, etc. give very explicit directions on how to use crutches when they are given to the patient. They most always help adjust them so they are the correct fit for the patient too. Didn't your doctor's office do this with your wife? One very very important thing with the crutches. Make sure you keep the rubber tips on the floor end of the crutches DRY. If they get wet they become very slippery and it's a dangerous situation for your wife to be in.

Tip for the day.
Never piss off your wife when she in possession of crutches.

crutches01manKHI-RCH.gif

Label them L and R??? Are you serious? Why? They are most likely exactly the same regardless of which one you use on either side...:cuckoo:

Thanks for reminding me, y'all. Labels should also include "Front" and "Back". And it helps to name each crutch- i.e. "Betsy" and/or "Jedidiah".

i was on crutches and fell several times...they took the crutches away from me...seems pain killers and crutches are tough....best thing is for her to stay off her feet for a while....o and get a metal chair for the shower....encase the ankle in trash bags....and let her shower....clean is a good feeling

tell her to not to hop down the stairs, I did when I broke mine and I ended up falling down the stairs once.
And you are never suppose to have them rubbing on your arm pit, trust me.
If her ankle is that bad and you have the money you should get one of those walker/scooters where you can rest the bad leg on there and push with the othe one.

This thread is complete pansy medicine.

Do you know how many broken bones I have had?

There is only one thing to do, drink until you can not think and then run like the wind, or run like Rihanna from Chris Brown.

Run, my freind, run!

When you wake up in the morning, repeat the proscription on all the new broken bones.

Last edited:
Uniquely Amurkin.
A fucking instruction manual for crutches ?:cuckoo:

I suppose terlet paper should come with instructions too.

I wonder if there is a "how to wipe your ass" video on YouBoob yet.

Biggest thing is to make sure that, if you have a cat, that it stays the hell outta the way when she's moving from room to room.

No seriously, the biggest thing is how they fit under her arms. She should be using them for support not letting them support her. I hope that makes sense.

Tip for the day.
Never piss off your wife when she in possession of crutches.

crutches01manKHI-RCH.gif
The diagram is correct except that 2" is a little over 50 mm (a little over 5 cm)...and the crutches should not support you from the armpits. Your weight should be on your arms as your hands push down on the grips.

Last edited:
My wife didn't do well on crutches. She has been using a walker instead.

Forum List

Back