USA Olympic uniforms have been outsourced to China......

Here are some of the Prices paid to China for those Uniforms

A few Examples:

Men:
Shirt – $425
Blazer – $795

Women:
Skirt – $498
Blazer – $598

Harry Reid on Team USA

"Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) is so disgusted that the U.S. Olympic athletes will be wearing uniforms made in China that he thinks the outfits should be burned."

For Once I agree with harry Reid.....lol... did I say that? :lol:

I googled and found 5 sites with prices 40% to 70% less for the same Items that are Made in the USA

Someone on the Olympic Committee got a kick-back on the purchase... plain and simple.

"Because they can be made cheaper in China. That would be why the outsourced them to China. See, people aren't going to pay through the nose for goods they can buy cheaper elsewhere."

I dont like the fact that they are made in China by a bunch of workers who are slaving away for low wages. The average Chinese worker is treated like garbage and some have no problem with it. That sick sick mindset that the workers actually doing the work are worthless has got to go. I would gladly pay a little more to have them made in america. The chinese middle class is not thriving like we are told. Those people are treated like cattle.

"Because they can be made cheaper in China. That would be why the outsourced them to China. See, people aren't going to pay through the nose for goods they can buy cheaper elsewhere."

I dont like the fact that they are made in China by a bunch of workers who are slaving away for low wages. The average Chinese worker is treated like garbage and some have no problem with it. That sick sick mindset that the workers actually doing the work are worthless has got to go. I would gladly pay a little more to have them made in america. The chinese middle class is not thriving like we are told. Those people are treated like cattle.

But that is the Problem, those Items could be and are Made in the USA at better prices

Any company that is interested in constantly lower labor pay is a company that should be looked down upon.

Any company that is interested in constantly lower labor pay is a company that should be looked down upon.

Not sure what you mean, but take the Shirt Price of $425.00

Are you saying an American Company pays a lower labor rate to produce a shirt for less than $425.00 is bad?

You could pay someone 50.00 an hour and produce a Shirt for less than $425.00 :lol:

Because they can be made cheaper in China. That would be why the outsourced them to China. See, people aren't going to pay through the nose for goods they can buy cheaper elsewhere.

What happend to American Pride? I thought you right wing idiots were all about that shit.

Pride is what's causing the problem. I don't see any reason to deny someone work because they are from China any more than I want to deny an American work. See, I care about human beings regardless of where they are from. I don't want to see anyone unemployed. Because I believe work is good for the soul and because society is better when we all work.

What is work? It's labor whether physical or mental designed to provide people with goods and services they want and need in the most efficient way possible.

If American's want to compete for these jobs, they need to be efficient. The problem is the government has made them less so by artificially increasing costs.

efficient? as in child labour and prison work camps efficient? or perhaps ye olde eighty hour work week efficient?

what will you ask for next? a repeal of the 13th amendment. is that gonna work for you, boss?

now if you will excuse me, i have some doors to lock and a triangle shirtwaist factory fire to start.

p.s. if america wants to compete, we need to concentrate more on fair trade and less on free trade

well have no fear, our elected idiots are all over it

Snip:
Senate Dems introducing the “Team USA Made in America Act of 2012.” Seriously.
posted at 8:01 pm on July 13, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

I’m having trouble typing this, because I absolutely cannot stop laughing — it’s just that absurd. But sadly, as ever, I only laugh to keep from weeping. I mean… is this real? Are they serious?

Yesterday, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said we should “burn” the Team USA uniforms that Ralph Lauren designed for the opening ceremonies of the Olympics, because they were manufactured overseas — just like 98 percent of the clothing purchased in America everyday. I thought it was just Harry Reid being Harry Reid, but apparently, the Senate Democrats are mounting a full-frontal legislative assault on this ostensible travesty of justice. …The term “fundamentally unserious” springs to mind:

all of it here.
Senate Dems introducing the “Team USA Made in America Act of 2012.” Seriously. « Hot Air

But that is the Problem, those Items could be and are Made in the USA at better prices

Yes, they could be.

But outsourcing and offshoring have always been about breaking the American Middle Class.

What happend to American Pride? I thought you right wing idiots were all about that shit.

Pride is what's causing the problem. I don't see any reason to deny someone work because they are from China any more than I want to deny an American work. See, I care about human beings regardless of where they are from. I don't want to see anyone unemployed. Because I believe work is good for the soul and because society is better when we all work.

What is work? It's labor whether physical or mental designed to provide people with goods and services they want and need in the most efficient way possible.

If American's want to compete for these jobs, they need to be efficient. The problem is the government has made them less so by artificially increasing costs.

efficient? as in child labour and prison work camps efficient? or perhaps ye olde eighty hour work week efficient?

what will you ask for next? a repeal of the 13th amendment. is that gonna work for you, boss?

now if you will excuse me, i have some doors to lock and a triangle shirtwaist factory fire to start.

p.s. if america wants to compete, we need to concentrate more on fair trade and less on free trade

Drama Queen alert.

On the one hand, I don't give a rats ass who makes the uniforms.

By that same reasoning, I find the Congressional caterwauling over it to be a petty waste of time.

On the other hand, I like it when Congress wastes time on the side-show bullshit. It diverts them from paying attention too much to all the shit they could otherwise be foisting on us.

Someday, when we have a Congress worthy of the name, I will be pissed when they pay attention to such irrelevant shit.

For now, though: good. Keep the idiots in Congress focused on the "ooooo! shiny!" bits of tin foil.

Because they can be made cheaper in China. That would be why the outsourced them to China. See, people aren't going to pay through the nose for goods they can buy cheaper elsewhere.

what does that have to do with this shit..all of a sudden you people are worried about where the clothes are made when they've been made in china for YEARS

My Pearl Izumi bicycle gear is made right here in the USA. I checked the labels.

Drama Queen alert.

LOL...maybe...i dunno...i kinda think a wee icon flipping people off followed by "OBAMATAX" in big bold letters and the "shut up bob" is kinda dramatic stuff myself, but maybe you are just a tough guy. i bet you're angry about the unemployment figures too.

at any rate, you seem like a smart guy, a real up and comer. hell, you may even be in middle management. lets do a little experiment. get a piece of paper and on the top of it write "made in china." now draw an arrow below that pointing downwards. beneath the arrow write "high unemployment" and see if you can figure out what i am talking about.

GE has had a love affair with China for many years. So it's no surprise the Dear Leader's 'Jobs Czar' Jeffrey Immelt would outsource the making of our Olympic uniforms.

Drama Queen alert.

LOL...maybe...i dunno...i kinda think a wee icon flipping people off followed by "OBAMATAX" in big bold letters and the "shut up bob" is kinda dramatic stuff myself, but maybe you are just a tough guy. i bet you're angry about the unemployment figures too.

at any rate, you seem like a smart guy, a real up and comer. hell, you may even be in middle management. lets do a little experiment. get a piece of paper and on the top of it write "made in china." now draw an arrow below that pointing downwards. beneath the arrow write "high unemployment" and see if you can figure out what i am talking about.

drama queen re alert.

The American Taxpayer bailed out GM. Now where do they have factories you might ask? Why Mexico and China. Have you ever once heard a libturd complain about that? That's what makes them the asswipes they are.

Forum List

Back