USA impotent against pirates ?

So now we do nothing in the face of the rights of somali pirates
The USA dealt with pirates before why cant we do it now?

The First Barbary War (1801–1805), also known as the Barbary Coast War or the Tripolitan War, was the first of two wars fought between the United States of America and the North African Muslim states known collectively as the Barbary States. These were the independent Sultanate of Morocco and Tripoli, which was a quasi-independent entity nominally belonging to the Ottoman Empire.

Our hands weren't tied back then like they are today. A lesson we need to learn. We used to know how to win

do yall really want to discuss this...then lets do it...

first the ships are in international waters and have very little protection...the ships are not set up to protect themselves..they prefer to insure the crew and cargo and let the insurance pay the ransoms....

put defensive crews on the ships....but wait that would cost the owners of the ships money.....
That's not the issue. It has more to do with nations not wanting other nations' ship entering their ports while armed. Weapons regulations and all that

you do realize the ships can take another route that is longer and more costly but prefer to run the risk of the shorter route....

stomach for what...being police for the world?

why arent you conservative for the individual ships doing what it takes to protect themselves....

noise cannons would be a good start...but suddenly yall are all for a nanny government to the world

You are not even worth the effort to explain about world trade. Once again you are part of the reason we still have pirates.
Because she advocates letting the ships be armed and defend themselves?

So.. the NRA is why we have armed robberies?

first the ships are in international waters and have very little protection...the ships are not set up to protect themselves..they prefer to insure the crew and cargo and let the insurance pay the ransoms....

put defensive crews on the ships....but wait that would cost the owners of the ships money.....

getting a better picture now?

Also, I think that's in violation of International Law.

its a violation of international laws to defend your ship?

really?

There are laws regarding entering a nation's waters/ports with weapons

The First Barbary War (1801–1805), also known as the Barbary Coast War or the Tripolitan War, was the first of two wars fought between the United States of America and the North African Muslim states known collectively as the Barbary States. These were the independent Sultanate of Morocco and Tripoli, which was a quasi-independent entity nominally belonging to the Ottoman Empire.

because back then liberals weren't invented yet.
Locke hadn't been invented yet? Jeffeson hadn't been born yet?

:cuckoo:

Lil article on the subject: Armed guards open fire as ship attacked off Yemen - Yahoo! News

I don't see it as a US concern, rather an International concern. Let ships carry hired military (blackwater, etc) guards loaded to the teeth with arms, mount deck guns, etc. Let other countries who actually use the shipping route supply their own air cover and blow pirate ships out of the water. Our big fat nose needs to stay out it and stop generating more excuses and deeper debt to this country. in other words, FUCK THEM!!!

penny.gif

As usual, our conservative "friends" want to start yet another conflict before extricting ourselves from the one's THEY CREATED under the Bush Administration!

1. We are no longer living in the 17thC when America was not a world power and unencumbered by the politival
baggage then that she carries roday.

2. America already invaded Somalia once and decided it wasn't worth the price.

3. The Somali pirates are former fisherman who had their livelihoods destroyed by overfishing from other nations because there was Somalia has no Coast Guard to stop them.

4. Finally the Somali fishermen, in frustration, started boarding foreign fishing boats - and later graduated to bigger ships when they foind pirating a lucrative business.

5. Perhaps "Mr.Fitnah" is unaware that the US Constitution actually makes mention of allowing American to engage in "privateering," a legalized form of pirating - whereby you share part of the proceeds with the federal government!

US Constitution

Artivle 1

Section 8. The Congress shall have Power .....

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

Last edited:

As usual, our conservative "friends" want to start yet another conflict before extricting ourselves from the one's THEY CREATED under the Bush Administration!

1. We are no longer living in the 17thC when America was not a world power and unencumbered by the politival
baggage then that she carries roday.

2. America already invaded Somalia once and decided it wasn't worth the price.

3. The Somali pirates are former fisherman who had their livelihoods destroyed by overfishing from other nations because there was Somalia has no Coast Guard to stop them.

4. Finally the Somali fishermen, in frustration, started boarding foreign fishing boats - and later graduated to bigger ships when they foind pirating a lucrative business.

5. Perhaps "Mr.Fitnah" is unaware that the US Constitution actually makes mention of allowing American to engage in "privateering," a legalized form of pirating - whereby you share part of the proceeds with the state!

Who said America should do it?

Somali has no Government. There is no way to bring pressure on a non existent Government to stop the pirates. Leaving just two other options. One option would be to sink any unidentified ships in the region on sight. That of course has many draw backs to it. But would eventually deprive the Somali pirates of the larger craft they need to get into some of the shipping lanes.The second option would be to deploy troops onto the coast of Somali seizing all ports and small villages, burning all shipping and destroying all port facilities of any size. This also has many draw backs. Either way problem solved.

The only solution is for the Europeans and Chinese, who combined to destroy the Somalian' entire way of life - fishing - to send them billions and rebuild the country. Until the Somalians have some way of feeding themselves/making a living as they did for thousands of years - by fishing in their coastal waters, they will have no options but to strike out.

If someone dumped nuclear fucking waste in my waters after completely taking all of the fish, you'd better damn well believe I'd be rather hostile.

Is that just another wild unsubstantiated claim or do have any actual Evidence that someone dumped Nuclear waste off the coast of Somalia?
Are you really that fuckin' stupid......that you can't do your own research??

:eusa_eh:

March 2, 2005

"Mr Nuttall said a preliminary UN report had found that Somalis in the northern areas were falling sick as a result.

Some firms have been dumping waste off Somalia's coast for years, the UN says.

It says international companies have been taken advantage of the fact that Somalia had no functioning government from the early 1990s until recently."

The Answer to this problem is a proactive Protection against further pirate attacks. Arm Merchant Vessels with the ability to defend themselves, and let the follow the long standing laws of governing Vessels in international waters, and freaking kill the Pirates when they attempt to Hijack their ships.

Nothing a little weapons training, and some 50 cals and small anti ship missiles can't fix.
Yeah....that's what we need....another insurgency-experience.

eusa_doh.gif

Oh.....right.....call the cops (on your neighbor).

Wankin.gif
[/CENTER]

Who are the cops on the high seas?

the US navy that's who.
Yeah.....for too-goddamned-long.......​

smedleybutlerphoto.bmp

"I spent 33 years and 4 months in active service as a member of our country's most agile military force--the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from second lieutenant to Major General. And during that period I spent most of my time being a high-class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer for capitalism. I suspected I was part of a racket all the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all members of the military profession I never had an original thought until I left the service." - Smedley D. Butler (1881-1940)

Oh......you forgot to ask:

"WAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

82651005.jpg

WHY DO THEY HATE US??!!!!"

.....And, keep on dumping......​

"In 1991, the government of Somalia collapsed. Its nine million people have been teetering on starvation ever since – and the ugliest forces in the Western world have seen this as a great opportunity to steal the country's food supply and dump our nuclear waste in their seas."

Are you finished? Good! Here's my response: Boo frigging hoo!
Ah, yes.....that good ol' compassionate-conservative response....to those too-weak to fight-back.

jesus+fingers.jpg

The world is impotent against piracy. The best the world has ever done is to form collateral alliances and attack the arenas docking points, moving inwards.

America should support these 'pirates'- we've always believed in the strong taking from the weak, haven't we?

Oh wait, that's only when it's Whites taking from dark people- now I see why this is so evil: those ******* are killing and stealing from White folk! They must be stopped :evil:

How are these 'pirates' any different than the United fruit Company raping Guatamala? Other than using their own guns instead of the CIA, I mean.
Don't you have that a little backwards??

It's the people doing all the DUMPING that're acting like UFC!!

Forum List

Back