USA Greatest Nation!?! More like UK!

BillBryson said:
One question I do have is this constitution where it saids "all men are created equal" (unless you're black) sounds rather Communist to me is it not?

I suppose you need to study your historical documents.

Our constitution does NOT say "all men are created equal". That statement is presented in the Declaration of Independence, the document we waved at your king to ask that he, in the kindest words possible, piss off.

Cheers!

Andy

no1tovote4 said:
So what is so bad about your country that you need drugs and prostitution so much that it was decriminalized?

Prostitution was not decriminalized - in most of Europe prostitution was never criminalized in the first place.. Prostitution is legal in most of the civilized world, except communist countries, the US, and UK.

As far as drugs, it's interesting that while Pot is essentially legal to buy at pot cafes, they actually have HALF the percentage of pot smokers as we do in the US.

Andy

CivilLiberty said:
Prostitution was not decriminalized - in most of Europe prostitution was never criminalized in the first place.. Prostitution is legal in most of the civilized world, except communist countries, the US, and UK.

As far as drugs, it's interesting that while Pot is essentially legal to buy at pot cafes, they actually have HALF the percentage of pot smokers as we do in the US.

Andy

prostitution is not legal in a lot of Asian countries too. Sure, they have their brothels, but so does New York where it is illegal. And btw, prostitution is legal in Nevada in counties with populations of less than 500K if the county commission wants to allow it. Right now there are several counties in Nevada that allow legal brothels.

freeandfun1 said:
prostitution is not legal in a lot of Asian countries too.

I said legal in *most* civilized countries - except communist ones. It's illegal in China (not enforced), but their communist, so they don't count.

In Japan, "genital penetration" in exchange for money is technically illegal, but blow jobs and hands job are legal. (maybe that's how Clinton thought a BJ wasn't sex...) Also, in Japan the "penetration" laws are rarely enforced.

It's legal in Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, South Korea. In India it's technically illegal, but not enforced, and in fact condoms are distributed free to call girls. In Indonesia, prostitution is technically illegal, but the law is not enforced - in fact Jakarta, the capital, features a government run red-light district.

freeandfun1 said:
Sure, they have their brothels, but so does New York where it is illegal. And btw, prostitution is legal in Nevada in counties with populations of less than 500K if the county commission wants to allow it. Right now there are several counties in Nevada that allow legal brothels.

In Nevada it's counties under 50K. As such it's not legal in Vegas, but a short drive to one of the surrounding counties will find one of many legal brothels. The Chicken Ranch in Parumph even has it's own private airstrip.

...er, not that I'd know anything about that....

A

I was off 100K it is counties with populations of 400K or less than can legalize it if they choose.

I live in Las Vegas, so I am very familiar with the situation here in regards to brothels. I have taken clients to Pahrump on more than one occassion! ;) The guys from Malaysia and Singapore just love it!

Legal Situation for Prostitution in Nevada

Under Nevada law, any county with a population on less than 400,000 is allowed to license brothels if it so chooses [1] (http://www.leg.state.nv.us/nrs/NRS-244.html#NRS244Sec345). As of January 2005, Clark County (which contains Las Vegas) is the only county in Nevada with a population of over 400,000, but Washoe County will soon reach that point as well [2] (http://www.nsbdc.org/demographer/pubs/images/popul03.pdf). Incorporated towns and cities in counties that allow prostitution may regulate the trade further or prohibit it altogether.

As of July 2004, brothels are illegal in Carson City, Douglas County, Lincoln County, and Washoe County. Eureka County neither permits nor prohibits brothels and does not have any. The other 11 counties permit licensed brothels in certain specified areas or cities.

The precise licensing requirements vary from county to county. License fees for brothels range from an annual $100,000 in Storey County to an annual $200 in Lander County. Licensed prostitutes must be at least 21 years old, except in Storey County and Lyon County, where the legal age is 18.

State law requires that registered brothel prostitutes be checked weekly for several sexually transmitted diseases and monthly for HIV; furthermore, condoms are mandatory for all oral sex and sexual intercourse. Brothel owners may be held liable if customers become infected with HIV after a prostitute has tested positive for the virus (NRS 041.1397 (http://www.leg.state.nv.us/nrs/NRS-041.html#NRS041Sec1397)).

Nevada has laws against engaging in prostitution outside of licensed brothels, against encouraging others to become prostitutes, and against living off the proceeds of a prostitute. All of these behaviors are quite common, however. Brothels are also not allowed to advertise their services in counties where brothel prostitution is illegal

freeandfun1 said:
I was off 100K it is counties with populations of 400K or less than can legalize it if they choose.

I live in Las Vegas, so I am very familiar with the situation here in regards to brothels. I have taken clients to Pahrump on more than one occassion! ;) The guys from Malaysia and Singapore just love it!

I stand corrected - I worked in Vegas in the late 80s, and that was what I remembered...

A

NOW WE ALLKNOW WHAT THE GREATEST COUNTRY IS IN THE WORLD:

TUVALU!!!!!!
HOME TO ALMOST 10000 PEOPLE, AND IT'S 9 SQUARE MILES.
do not be fooooled by its size, soon it shall be the ONLY world hyperpower, FOR IT IS BUILDING A SECRET WEAPON THAT CAN DESTROY ANYTHING IN ITS PATH. YOU SHALL COWER BEFORE THE END!

supermarine said:
NOW WE ALLKNOW WHAT THE GREATEST COUNTRY IS IN THE WORLD:

TUVALU!!!!!!
HOME TO ALMOST 10000 PEOPLE, AND IT'S 9 SQUARE MILES.
do not be fooooled by its size, soon it shall be the ONLY world hyperpower, FOR IT IS BUILDING A SECRET WEAPON THAT CAN DESTROY ANYTHING IN ITS PATH. YOU SHALL COWER BEFORE THE END!

Hardly. Here is what he/she is ranting about: http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/tv.html

wow, the thread is now about the prostitution and drugs....

IN netehrlands, like said civil liberty, the drugs - cannabis - are sale in coffee shop, and with legalisation there are some good points :

less people smoke (because the attraction of forbidden thing disappear)
there is not, or less black market, the State know what there is sold, and then less problem.
The parallel ecconomy about the drugs is on the decline because people can get it legally.

I don't defend it, but I only give some good points for Netherlands 'legalization of cannabis.

Same thing for prostitution.

I think that with such clues, the State can contriol prostitution and drugs, there is less troubles.
And a legalized prostitution is safer for the girls, because even when it is forbidden, you'ld see always prostitutes...so, if they can be helped, it is better, instead of beeing kicking and violating by people.

(hey, Zhukov, Netherlands and France have no common borders.....except when it was a french possession, or when France occupe them...
And Netherlands is a really nice country.)

Perhaps we should legalize burglary and murder as well. We can establishe a thieves guild and an assasins guild and give them a quota of how many they are limited to steal or murder. If the quota number is violated they get punished. and they can take shifts in jail so we dont have to punish them later when they get caught.

When are people going to comprehend that legalizing a bad behavior isnt going to solve the problem.

You totally miss the point, Avatar4321...

Firstn, it is not the same thing : a murder is bad for other people...if you smoke and you stay at bhome, it is bad for you only...

I don't defend the legalization, I only give some good points.
And be sure that with a State control, people would less smoke, and it would be safer, but i've already explain that.

Same thing for prostitution, and also, the prostitute would have a social security, a better protection.......

But if you'er too close minded to involve in your mind....

And like civil liberty said, remember that the proportion of smokers is /2 in Netherlands, where it is legalized, compare to USA...

padisha emperor said:
And like civil liberty said, remember that the proportion of smokers is /2 in Netherlands, where it is legalized, compare to USA...
Of course the size of the population would have NOTHING to do with those figures...(sarcasm, folks)

padisha emperor said:
You totally miss the point, Avatar4321...

Firstn, it is not the same thing : a murder is bad for other people...if you smoke and you stay at bhome, it is bad for you only...

This is where you are totally wrong. No ones actions affect only themselves. No man is an island. People may not like to admit it but each individual person is not the center of the universe. your actions affect others. There are numerous people affected by someones "personal" drug use that the the drug user never even considers. Friends, family, the people being oppressed by the Drug Lords who make millions off killing brain cells of selfish individuals. Drug use is bad for all these people. When is the left going to realize that there are negative consequences for everything.

I don't defend the legalization, I only give some good points.
And be sure that with a State control, people would less smoke, and it would be safer, but i've already explain that.

yeah and your thinking is illogical. As ive already pointed out its flawed. state control of burglary and murder would not make things safer. It would only give governments more power and take freedom away from the people. What is it with you people who seem to think state control of everything is good.

BTW if you arent defending it why bother posting?

Same thing for prostitution, and also, the prostitute would have a social security, a better protection.......

Here is a crazy idea, how about instead of legalizing these unsavory profession you actually help the people in them out of them and onto better things.

But if you'er too close minded to involve in your mind....

Is that your solution to everything? "You disagree with me, therefor you are close minded" Its a cheap argument. Did you ever think that maybe people analyze the argument and see the problems with it? Of course not, rational thinking people cant possibly disagree with you.

Then that doesnt say much for the Netherlands. The Netherlands is a small country. Conversly, the USA is a rather large country. If the Netherlands has half the smokers of the USA, with its small size, that means the Netherlands has a major problem.

However, I doubt your depiction of the grave problems in the Netherlands so I am not too worried.

they were Are you stupid ?

When I compare USA and Netherlands, and when it is mentionned that there is in Netherlands the half number of US smokers, it doesn't mean that the number on netherlands is the Half compare to USA...
I mean, wuith the PROPORTION !!!!! Didyou miss this word ?

Don't know exactly how much inhabitants there are in Netherlands, in 1975 they were 13 millions, they are maybe today about 15 millions.

USA, I believe it is around 260 millions....

a ciolmparaison with a number would be stupid, but with the proportion....it is bright. With percents, if you prefer...imagine that 10 % of the USA population smoke, then 26 millions of people.
Half in Netherlands, so not 26/2 = 13 millions, but 10/2 = 5 PERCENT ! 5% of 15, it gives 750,000 people.

And they legaliazed....

Netherlands legalized durgs and make prostitution safer, ansd it is not Sodom city, the smokers are less, the prostitution is mless dangerous, for the girl, the State can control all these things, and close some coffe shop....

But it seems that you CAN'T understand that .... you are in your idea, and can't progress...

For the smoker guy, who is not an island, I agree, of course, it would be bad also for his family, his friends.....but it is not at all the same proportion of the murder !! not the same level !!!!! because if we agree about it : man is not an island, then imagine the consequences for the families and friends of the casualties and murderer !!!!! Not the same level, not the same scale.

You can't compare.

padisha emperor said:
they were Are you stupid ?
Yes, I am stupid. Stupid enough to remain in the US (the worst country in the world according to some) and stupid enough to fight for it. Stupid enough to think that Europe has a population of arrogant, hypocritical idiots. Good thing you came along to enlighten us!

The Netherlands, with all its economic and military might, great culture, and wonderful history (just like the rest of Europe) makes it one of the world's super powers. Their lifestyle is an ideal for all to follow. Have I got that right so far?

In fact, US history is so boring I dont even know why anyone bothered to write it down. US culture, economics, philosophies and any other human endeavors are so backwards, its a wonder that anyone wants to live here. I guess we should give the Statue of Liberty back to France so that the world's population will know where they should REALLY immigrate to.

Thanks for your words of wisdom, PE. I dont know how the US will survive without people like you around to set us on the right path!

padisha emperor said:
hey, Zhukov, Netherlands and France have no common borders

Correct you are, though I never said they did.

However the Wehrmacht invaded the Netherlands to secure it's flank as it wheeled it's right wing into France.

Therefore attacking the Netherlands, as part of the operation to bypass the Maginot line, was preferred to attacking straight into the French.

Which is what I said.

CSM, please, don't react like that.

I never said you were stupid for this, I meant that it seems you didn't saw the word "proportion", and the fact that I spke of percent, not of millions number.

Don't react like that, you have more worth ;)

Zhukov, you're right, Germany went through Netherlands and Belgium to avoid the french border with the Maginot Line and the french armies.
The little problem was the neutrality of netherlands and Belgium :)

Forum List

Back