USA Greatest Nation!?! More like UK!

There were still very, very lower class citizens well into the early 1900's in Britian. Now we should stfu and stop dwelling on the past. we all did bad things, and some of us, including Britian and Usa have improved themselves. I think this is getting kinda too serious, cause i thought we were allys, not on the verge of being enemies. Now on australia, i thank you for colonizing taht place, cause now we have a very strong ally, perhaps stronger than britan in terms of supporting what George Bush does. AMerica and Britian both have their share of achievements. ANd in both world wars, we depended on eachother. We lifted eachother up, thats how we won, Germany only had italy and Japan, japan was halfway across the globe, and italy was still using weapons used in the 1800's (im serious about that, i saw that on the history channel about Berreta, the Italians wanted quanity not quality, so they ordered abunch of of weapons that were modelled in the late 1800's). Also this thing about working the people to death, most of the masters( im not trying to justify it) worked their slaves just like a regular underpaid laborrer in england, but they had no rights at all. And also, half of Canada actually wanted themselves to help us in the war in iraq. ok im sorry im getting off topic, just this whole thing of whos better is gettting really rediculus. lets just cut the shit and bash some frenchies!

BillBryson said:
England didn't aim to wipe out the locals, instead the settlers or collonists did. England if anything acted to restrain them, thats why the American Indians suffer more than the other nations as there were no one to restrain them. I'm not making excuses & I acknowledge mistakes were made as well however this is commonly recognised by historians in the field. While I meant Britain created the nations we know now. USA only came about because of Britain for which we eternally apologise.

Yeah, We are all aware that the USA came about cause all the people worth having around left GB.

NightTrain said:
You'll modify your ugly attitude, troll, before I kick your sorry ass out of here at warp speed.

Phew, have you no sence of humour!?! You seem pretty uptight, sorry for not being so anal.

BillBryson said:
Phew, have you no sence of humour!?! You seem pretty uptight, sorry for not being so anal.

Be an intelligent person, or at least pretend to be in your posts.

I have a great sense of humor, numbnuts, you just have to put forth the effort to be funny. So far you've earned yourself a Troll badge.

Your posts thus far spell out to me that you're 12 or 13, and this really isn't a forum for youngsters like yourself. Go back to Yahoo and impress idiots.

NightTrain said:
Be an intelligent person, or at least pretend to be in your posts.

I have a great sense of humor, numbnuts, you just have to put forth the effort to be funny. So far you've earned yourself a Troll badge.

Your posts thus far spell out to me that you're 12 or 13, and this really isn't a forum for youngsters like yourself. Go back to Yahoo and impress idiots.

I see you're trying a new tac can't beat me in argument so try & irritate me instead. While as for me being 12 you give too much credence to British adolescents, I shouldn't believe many are pacticularly interested in this field. If anything isn't it worst that you should be beaten by a 12 year old?

Sir Evil said:
BB - Show some respect for the moderators here please! And you have not even come close to beating NT at anything thus far, you are only proving his case!

Well I'm not sure if his posts of accusing me being troll or 12 years old etc. Actually help or contribute to the discussion. I sent several posts yesterday none of which he chose to explore, acknowledge etc. other than to say I'm a troll. So I feel that my points in respect to NightTrain remain unanswered to the best part prove myself to be making a better argument. I have respect for all posters & moderators so long as they do the same & stick to the topic.
Should NightTrain wish to apologise or acknowledge his mistake then I won't hold it agaisnt him.

Sir Evil said:
Are you serious? do you really expect my mod to lay out an aplogy to you after you come here ranting about who's the better nation, how paradox is that?

Yes I do, I created a legitimate thread in the appropiate forum, only to receive replies from NightTrain questioning my integrity for shock horror questioning America as the greatest nation. If NightTrain disagrees then he should argue his case & keep to the topic. The whole idea of a form "Anti America" invites ranting but to the topic. I do not see that to be unreasonable.

BillBryson said:
The countries Spain & Russia freed the 2 nations mentioned by giving freedom to their former territory in which case the UK has 70+ territories which granted freedom to.

Who? India, South Africa??

NightTrain
As far as your original topic goes... I'm not sure what your goal is, other than to debate which country is Number One.

If you use a Military benchmark, that would be the USA.

If you use a Human Rights benchmark, that would be the USA.

If you use an Economic benchmark, that would be the USA.

If you use a Humanitarian benchmark, that would be the USA.

If you use a Political Influence benchmark, that would be the USA.

Who saved Europe from themselves several times? The USA.

Who does the vast majority of the fighting in a UN conflict? The USA.

Who pays the lion's share of such conflicts? The USA.

Shall I go on? What exactly do you wish to discuss here?

For the Human Rights, I'm not sure, really not.
I even think that USA are not so great on this point.

For the UN conflict, you did a great job, like the Air strinkes in Kosovo, but after the war you leave the zone, and let the french and british soldiers make all the pacification job.
Win a war is an easy thing, but win the peace is highly more difficult.

Now, about the real discussion : it seems to be a fight between those who think that USA are better, and those who think that UK is better. On a historical point of view, no doubt, UK wins.
For myself, and for a lot of other historians, the two better countries, on an historical point, with the best and most interesting History, are FRANCE and UNITED KINGDOM.
Both have a really fantastic history, often together, both ruled the world, and had influence all over the wolrd. THese 2 countries knew and know more wars than any other country.
Even the history of France and UK only from 1776 to now are more interesting than the US one.

Not to say that US ' history sucks, not at all, great history too, but only to say that France and UK have a more more more more more interesting History.

Another subject ; when you speak of the "freed countries", what are the points to say if one country was freed by this one ?
Because I think that France and UK freed some of countries, when I see the list on this board.

;)

Montjoie Saint Denis !

BillBryson said:
Fist you stupid cock the only bit of Canada that is French is Quebec, the bit in the corner!
You are wrong about that, really wrong. First off, Quebec is not in the corner, and it's not small - try an atlas. The number of french people in this country goes way beyond Quebec's boarders, they're kind of like an unstoppable virus that's gotten way out of control.

not to mention their brilliant living standards & underpopulated country.

If you take into account the amount of unarable land, combined with the unemployment rate, you will see that Canada is actually over-populated, but thanks to a dropping rate of natural increase, the problem seems to be correcting itself -yet we still can't solve this healthcare bullshit. :huh:

Padisha : I really have no interest in discussing this topic, as it is truly assinine. My dog can beat up your dog.

As for you, Billy, you won't be seeing any apologies from me. I have the distinct feeling, however, that you'll be getting to know my digital boot very soon.

You haven't beaten me at anything, idiot, this entire thread is silly and your age is indicative of the subject. Your obvious lack of education when it comes to spelling speaks volumes as well.

Quick! Who's your favorite Teletubby?

I'll be monitoring your progress here, closely.

BTW, please feel free to hold anything and everything against me. It makes me feel like I've done something constructive for the world when a troll curses my name.

NightTrain said:
Padisha : I really have no interest in discussing this topic, as it is truly assinine. My dog can beat up your dog.

As for you, Billy, you won't be seeing any apologies from me. I have the distinct feeling, however, that you'll be getting to know my digital boot very soon.

You haven't beaten me at anything, idiot, this entire thread is silly and your age is indicative of the subject. Your obvious lack of education when it comes to spelling speaks volumes as well.

Quick! Who's your favorite Teletubby?

I'll be monitoring your progress here, closely.

BTW, please feel free to hold anything and everything against me. It makes me feel like I've done something constructive for the world when a troll curses my name.

lol. Ok then If you want to believe that.

Sir Evil said:
Well I think my daddy can kick your daddy's ass, wanna argue that well your at it?

The whole thing is a childish rant! What do you really expect to get from this forum? why not take it to a forum that would appreciate your anti-Amercan rhetoric?

I had beleive this Anti America forum to be just that.

:2guns: :crutch:

Watch out Bill, if you argue with a Moderator you are supposed to do it with Private Messages, according to the rules. It is the reason I was almost banned at the beginning of my illustrious career here.

Opposing opinions are fine, it is the argument about why you would be banned etc. itself that cannot be trained on a Moderator openly but must be in a Private Message. Just a warning from somebody who likes to have the oppsosition's opinions represented on a site.

dioddefwr said:
We all know that the Netherlands, not America, not the UK, is the greatest country. Legal gay marriages, drugs, and prostitution.

sounds like a grand place to die. :duh3:

dioddefwr said:
We all know that the Netherlands, not America, not the UK, is the greatest country. Legal gay marriages, drugs, and prostitution.

So what is so bad about your country that you need drugs and prostitution so much that it was decriminalized?

Zhukov said:
Perhaps their proximity to France?

That would do it, well that and the inferiority complex that would come up every time somebody compared the impact of your country to that of the USA. I guess I would need drugs if I lived there too.

Forum List

Back