US Women Dominate Win World Cup 2-0

My feelings aside from the statements of some of the team against the WH, I couldn't help but be happy that the US women won the FIFA World Cup. When Rose Lavelle crushed a shot into the back of the Neatherland's net I felt that this one was in the bag.....and it eventually proved to be so. 2-0 USA

3500.jpg

USA beat Netherlands 2-0 to win Women's World Cup final – live!

How come you take a story that's obviously about sports, plunk it under "Writer's Corner", and then immediately try to twist it into some kind of "Politics"??

Are you SO obsessed with tribal mentality that you can't just simply salute your compatriots for winning a championship? Does literally *EVERYTHING* have to be some message board "points" for Numero Uno? Is that how your tiny mind thrashes about? You have my abject pity.

Congratulations to the team, well done, kudos, yay USA. :rock: And the elements within that want to use this as a division tool, can go sit on a tack.
Mudwhistle didn't make it political, Rapinoe did. Let the tesasm disband and go somewhere where they like their country. Piss on them.

Who in the blue fuck is "Rapinoe"? I see no "Rapinoe" in this thread.

The fact REMAINS, OP immediately started whining about politics in what is CLEARLY a sports story. He did that literally in his first sentence. Want a quote?

There's nothing you can do to spin that away, o White Knight.
Rapinoe is the one who pulled a Kaeperknutz and refused to honor our flag and stand when playing our anthem. She started this political shit. Let shit follow her.

She should go the whole hog and refuse to play for America, if her principles are so "honourable".

And all those people who were going to move to Canada or India, if Trump won the election, why are they still here?

My feelings aside from the statements of some of the team against the WH, I couldn't help but be happy that the US women won the FIFA World Cup. When Rose Lavelle crushed a shot into the back of the Neatherland's net I felt that this one was in the bag.....and it eventually proved to be so. 2-0 USA

3500.jpg

How come you take a story that's obviously about sports, plunk it under "Writer's Corner", and then immediately try to twist it into some kind of "Politics"??

Are you SO obsessed with tribal mentality that you can't just simply salute your compatriots for winning a championship? Does literally *EVERYTHING* have to be some message board "points" for Numero Uno? Is that how your tiny mind thrashes about? You have my abject pity.

Congratulations to the team, well done, kudos, yay USA. :rock: And the elements within that want to use this as a division tool, can go sit on a tack.
Mudwhistle didn't make it political, Rapinoe did. Let the tesasm disband and go somewhere where they like their country. Piss on them.
If not liking the president means one does not like their country, then most on the right hated the United States during the 8 years Obama was president.

3500.jpg

If not liking the president means one does not like their country, then most on the right hated the United States during the 8 years Obama was president.

Not like the present times.

They sucked it up, and respected the "office".

Shortly before the FIFA women's World Cup kicked off, Senate minority leader Chuck Schumer gave a shout-out to the US soccer team. He reminded everyone how much less the female players get paid than their male counterparts.

‘The women make just as much of a sacrifice, put in just as much mental and physical energy, absorb just as much risk of injury as the men who play for our national team,’ Schumer said. ‘Yet, when you break it down, a women’s national soccer team player earns a base salary of $3,600 per game while a men’s player earns $5,000.’

Not finished there, an impassioned Schumer continued: ‘Discrimination is staring us all in the face. These women, who inspire our country with their poise, tenacity, skill and excellence every time they take the field, deserve to be fairly compensated.’

Shortly after Shumer’s performative plea, a writer for the Huffington Post, the virtue-signallers’ digest, weighed in, pointing out that female football players also earn much smaller bonuses than the men’s team for their performance in the World Cup: $15,000 compared to $55,000.And here’s a stark comparison: the US Soccer Federation awarded the men’s team a $5.4 million bonus after losing in Round 16 of the 2014 World Cup. It awarded the women’s team $1.7 million when it won the entire 2015 tournament.’

It is certainly the case that the US women’s national team has been ridiculously successful: four World Cup titles and four Olympic gold medals. This is the most successful team ever to play women’s football. But it is not true to say they are being treated unfairly.

There’s no ‘pay gap’ in professional football

The fact REMAINS, OP immediately started whining about politics in what is CLEARLY a sports story. He did that literally in his first sentence. Want a quote?

Rapinoe is the one who pulled a Kaeperknutz and refused to honeoe our flag and stand when playing our anthem. She started thos political shit. Let shit follow her.

Link? AGAIN --- there's no mention of that here, nor would there be in a SPORTS story.

Are you a fetishist?

While you're looking for that, lemme learn ya what this means. There's an athletic event which our team won, all well and good, and we can be proud. But we can be more proud that our Liberal values stand on a First Amendment that makes such expression possible. As opposed to, say, a more primitive country where flag fetishism would be mandated.

That's apparently a point of pride to some of us and a PITA to others who cannot or will not appreciate it.

Actually, this kind of Freedom of Expression is possible in a lot of countries, just not America.

I take it you mean "the US" but of course it is, to varying degrees.
But we started it, didn't we.

But it is only America which is considered such a Shithole that libs see fit to disrespect our flag and our anthem. Not in England, Canada or Denmark. Not in Cuba, Iran. Not in the Philippines, Honduras , Brazil or Haiti.

:lol: same question as above --- are you a fetishist?

I don't live in an "anthem" nor do I live in a fucking "flag". Do you?

Again I'll presume by "America" you mean "the US" but again --- not in the UK, Canada, Denmark, Cuba, Iran, Honduras, Brazil or Haiti do they construct a prayer to a fetish and then make schoolchildren pray to it. Not in any other country in the world. But they do do it in the Philippines, because that was our colony. Nowhere else.

And that's a direct regression away from that original ideal. For obvious reasons. What we contrasted ourselves away from was essenttally the idea of isolating and punishing people who saw fit to disrespect their king and their coat of arms, in favour of the assent of We the People.. I see that idea hasn't quite been vanquished. Are you a royalist?

More basically, "libs" are the people who conceived this country with that principle and codified it into our Constitution. You certainly have the right to think that equals a "Shithole" but you'll not find much support for it.

If you go to the Olympics or the World Cup, only America has Carlos and Smith doing the Black Power Salute, only America has people taking a knee. Other nations, whether they are good, bad, or ugly, conservative or ultraliberal, poor or rich, totalitarian or libertine, never have this shit.

Thank you. See directly above.

NONE of the above goes an inch to addressing the central fact that (again) the OP took a sports story, then looked around elsewhere to find some irrelevant bullshit (that's not even in his link and AFAIK has yet to be linked AT ALL) to make it into a political diatribe for the purpose of dividing people, right down to those people who were not even following this sport at all. And that tells us exactly what he's here for. Divide and conquer, so that he can have his fantasy one-party state or whatever the fuck he's drooling over, using an obscure sporting event as yet another tool to get there.

Doesn't it.

Last edited:

3500.jpg

Rapinoe is the one who pulled a Kaeperknutz and refused to honor our flag and stand when playing our anthem. She started this political shit. Let shit follow her.

She should go the whole hog and refuse to play for America, if her principles are so "honourable".

And all those people who were going to move to Canada or India, if Trump won the election, why are they still here?

"Here"?

Aren't you in Europe?

Besides --- how do you know where "they" are?

3500.jpg

Fer Fuck's sake, I did the same thing last week when I went to a local minor league baseball game. What did it change? Nothing, except to serve one more notice that not everyone is going to bleat like sheep on command and that it's perfectly OK to just say no.

I did that because it's got ABSOLUTE ZERO to do with what I came there for, and for that matter ABSOLUTE ZERO to do with what anybody came there for. And because I recognize that it's a tool of mass control.

3500.jpg

Not like the present times.

They sucked it up, and respected the "office".

Again unilaterally declaring what "they" did or didn't do?
What do you have, some special website "they" tracker? Got a link?

3500.jpg

Fer Fuck's sake, I did the same thing last week when I went to a local minor league baseball game. What did it change? Nothing, except to serve one more notice that not everyone is going to bleat like sheep on command and that it's perfectly OK to just say no.

I did that because it's got ABSOLUTE ZERO to do with what I came there for, and for that matter ABSOLUTE ZERO to do with what anybody came there for. And because I recognize that it's a tool of mass control.

When I was a young man, the Soviet Hockey team toured America and played different NHL teams. Some of us went down to Pittsburgh to see the event, and they played the Soviet National Anthem.

The libs at the event gave us dirty looks when we stayed in our seats drinking beer instead of standing in honor of Tyranny.

The thing is that if we showed disrespect to the American national anthem, we would have been saluted.

When I was a young man, the Soviet Hockey team toured America and played different NHL teams. Some of us went down to Pittsburgh to see the event, and they played the Soviet National Anthem.

The libs at the event gave us dirty looks when we stayed in our seats drinking beer instead of standing in honor of Tyranny.

The thing is that if we showed disrespect to the American national anthem, we would have been saluted.

Did you just post "the libs at the event"?? :rofl:

Are we to believe you went to a hockey game and canvassed everybody around you for their political beliefs?

Are you insane?

Generally people go to a sports event to GET AWAY FROM that shit. Not you though.

Did you just post "the libs at the event"?? :rofl:

Are we to believe you went to a hockey game and canvassed everybody around you for their political beliefs?

Are you insane?

A conservative wouldn't give a dirty look at someone for protesting against Communism.

Shortly before the FIFA women's World Cup kicked off, Senate minority leader Chuck Schumer gave a shout-out to the US soccer team. He reminded everyone how much less the female players get paid than their male counterparts.

‘The women make just as much of a sacrifice, put in just as much mental and physical energy, absorb just as much risk of injury as the men who play for our national team,’ Schumer said. ‘Yet, when you break it down, a women’s national soccer team player earns a base salary of $3,600 per game while a men’s player earns $5,000.’

Not finished there, an impassioned Schumer continued: ‘Discrimination is staring us all in the face. These women, who inspire our country with their poise, tenacity, skill and excellence every time they take the field, deserve to be fairly compensated.’

Shortly after Shumer’s performative plea, a writer for the Huffington Post, the virtue-signallers’ digest, weighed in, pointing out that female football players also earn much smaller bonuses than the men’s team for their performance in the World Cup: $15,000 compared to $55,000.And here’s a stark comparison: the US Soccer Federation awarded the men’s team a $5.4 million bonus after losing in Round 16 of the 2014 World Cup. It awarded the women’s team $1.7 million when it won the entire 2015 tournament.’

It is certainly the case that the US women’s national team has been ridiculously successful: four World Cup titles and four Olympic gold medals. This is the most successful team ever to play women’s football. But it is not true to say they are being treated unfairly.

The damned Europeans need to start paying those gals what they're worth.

Girls' soccer just isn't that popular in Europe- that's the real reason why the chicks don't get as much.

If libs were to actually attend girls' soccer games, and buy the merchandise, they would get a lot more.

I think that the FBI should raid Schumer's home, just to see how much officially licensed girls' soccer merchandise he has. I bet he doesn't have any.

"Here"?

Aren't you in Europe?

I know two people personally who had vowed to move. But they haven't.

Didn't you read? I'm here there and everywhere. Right now, I'm here, in the Land of the Free. Free to reject and abuse one's own nation.

Soon I shall be in the Levant.

"Here"?

Aren't you in Europe?

I know two people personally who had vowed to move. But they haven't.

Didn't you read? I'm here there and everywhere. Right now, I'm here, in the Land of the Free. Free to reject and abuse one's own nation.

Soon I shall be in the Levant.
You mean Israel?

Girls' soccer just isn't that popular in Europe- that's the real reason why the chicks don't get as much.

If libs were to actually attend girls' soccer games, and buy the merchandise, they would get a lot more.

I think that the FBI should raid Schumer's home, just to see how much officially licensed girls' soccer merchandise he has. I bet he doesn't have any.

I think it's popular in England?

So is women's cricket. That'll be the next thing. Let Rapinoe be the captain. :04:

Forum List

Back