US Unemployment Map

Watch the map turn black as the Democrat party policies take effect.
multimediafinal

What an awesome map! Strange how the unemployment rates went up right after the Democrats took control of Congress.

Nope, that's no coincidence.

Big (and small) Business (which means jobs) don't trust Democrats. That's a fact jack.

When Democrats are in control, they collect all their marbles ($$) and (jobs), and hold onto them until there's a more business-friendly government in place.

Meanwhile Democrats get to buy votes by helping out the newly poor and unemployed, giving them loads of freebies and telling these people how bad the Republicans are.

Vicious cycle.

When republicans are back in power, that map will change again....it will lighten up to 3% or less.

That'd be my guess.

OK, you will be called on your guess this time next year. And if the employment picture is much better, will you state that you were mistaken and the President's efforts were correct?

No, you will not. You will whine that something else is not as you like it. You Conservatives are not going to give this President credit, no matter how well he does. So taking any of you opinions into account is an excersize in futility.

What an awesome map! Strange how the unemployment rates went up right after the Democrats took control of Congress.

So what happened in 2007 that created unemployment by the dems? I seem to recall they were quite blocked from doing much of anything that year because they barely had a majority in the House and evenly split in the Senate, therefore NO majority. Enlighten me.

The Democrat House spent 95% of 2007 investigating everything they could think of to try to get something on Bush or Cheney. They finally settled for Libby. That is why they were 5 months or so late with all the annual spending bills and still haven't caught up.

Bush and Cheney committed Treason in the Plame case, and should have been prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

The only thing that will get us out of a recession is education and investment. Republicans will fight both.
No, they won't fight both, irrespective of your idiotic emotional babbling about your obsession.

And, even IF they did, so what? Democrats are fully in control thus fully responsible for what government does or does not do.

They are fighting both as we post. And they fought the New GI Bill. And we have a number of Blue Dog Democrats who are just as bought by the big corperations as the Republicans.

I'm afraid to. I've already been wiped out financially this year. I can't imagine how bad it's gonna be next year. :eusa_eh::eek:

How does a college student get wiped out financially? There's currently more financial aid than before which is available at lower interest rates and lax repayment terms.

Lost my job in April.

Lost our home of 12 years (and most of its contents) in September (Ga floods). Going back to school January 4th on the Obama plan.

Do you require my 1040A, with attachments? I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours. ;)

I'm sorry for your losses, really I am. Although some of it was salvagable, I lost many personal items (including 30 years of photographs and other irreplaceable things) by a freak accident when our moving van overturned and burst into flames while transporting our goods from LA to Houston, and I cannot imagine how devastating it is when someone loses everything. Good luck with your studies.

So what happened in 2007 that created unemployment by the dems? I seem to recall they were quite blocked from doing much of anything that year because they barely had a majority in the House and evenly split in the Senate, therefore NO majority. Enlighten me.

The Democrat House spent 95% of 2007 investigating everything they could think of to try to get something on Bush or Cheney. They finally settled for Libby. That is why they were 5 months or so late with all the annual spending bills and still haven't caught up.

Holy crap, didn't your momma tell you a million times not to exaggerate? The only things I can think of that the Dems investigated that year was Gonzales and his illegal firing of federal attorneys and the Valerie Plame affair. And those were done by committees, not the full congress, and of course we all know the outcome. Won one, lost one.

Of course in the early Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh years, the Republicans were still "investigating" Bill Clinton. Short memory, soldier?

Minimum wage increase. Increase in government spending.

A minimum wage hike stimulates consumption by putting more money in the hands of low-income consumers, increasing their standard of living somewhat and decreases the reliance on social welfare programs. Republicans will argue that increasing the minimum wage cuts into profit margins and therefore the higher cost of doing business is passed off to consumers through higher prices, creating inflation and nullifying any standard of living increase wage earners might have otherwise enjoyed.

But that didn't happen. Inflation actually went down in 2007, rose slightly in 2008, and stands at an all-time low since 2000 at -2%. Also unemployment didn't begin rising dramatically until 2008.

You are absolutely 100% wrong, Mags... minimum wage does not 'stimulate consumption'... it does, precisely what we have seen, raise the price of labor, increase unemployment in small businesses and entry level jobs, and making it actually rougher on the demographic it is supposedly trying to help...
What is really bad this time is that with the economy already in harsh shape, the prices cannot increase because of reduced demand and the businesses suffer even more, leading to gradually increasing higher unemployment..

And libs still act like raising minimum wage is supposed to help families with parents in their 30's with a couple of kids.. when in fact minimum wage was never intended for such people.. it was intended as a starting point for entry level workers at very young ages... by the time anyone is in the workforce for a couple of years, logic would dictate raising of a skill level or education to derive higher compensation... hell, even work at McDonalds for a couple years and you'll get pay raises and promotions where you are not a minimum wage worker anymore... yet we still see the same tired arguments from the left of how this is a buffer for 'working adults' and families... truly laughable... it is a business killer

I did some fact-checking, did you? You're still spouting the Republican rhetoric over minimum wage. The fact is quite simply that if a business is unable to absorb increased costs (for anything, including wages), then it is teetering on the brink of failure anyway. The majority of people who benefit from minimum wage increases are poor, uneducated women who yes, work in food service or housekeeping and the like. But boosting the minimum wage also, as you say, has the effect of boosting the level of pay just above the absolute bottom, and I for one believe that's a good thing.

Where I live, in order for a single mother of two to pay for a 2-bedroom apartment, the heat and utilities on it, put food on the table, pay for health care, clothes and other necessities, she would need to earn $17.50 per hour. Does MacDonald's pay that? No. She has to work two jobs at minimum wage. But does the increase help a little? For her, of course it does.

More and more people I know are unemployed. I'm unemployed but taken care of so I don't count. But still, how is anyone able to call what we're going through 'recovery'??? I don't see any recovery. I see sadness... people that are desolate... people that would do anything to make things better.

And at the same time I see people helping people. I see the real spirit of America at work. It won't be politicians, at least not the 1's we have now, helping people, it will be other Americans that care. As far as I can see who are those Americans? Not Libs, that's for damn sure. I see Libs running for cover and helping themselves. The people I see REALLY helping others are conservatives.

Who gives more to charity? Who stops on the road to help? Who's there for their neighbor? Conservatives. Fuck liberal thinking, it's a "save yourself" philosophy. Conservatives are the people you can count on when you're down. I've never seen a liberal help anyone but themself.

I think blanket assessments like that show pure ignorance. When churches do charity drives, do they ask for a volunteer's political preference? Of course not. When people volunteer at shelters or soup kitchens, do they have name labels indicating whether they're conservatives or liberals? You're so fucking wrong, I could jump through the screen and smack your smug face. I STILL volunteer at a place called Dodge House which is a half-way home for Vietnam (now Iraq) veterans and which has consistently had a long waiting list since it was established 15 years ago. I cook for these guys once a week, hang around awhile after dinner and listen to their amazing stories. It's good for my soul, and they too would be the first to tell you you're an idiot. If my car breaks down, as it's been known to do, the first words out of my mouth sure as shit aren't whether the person coming to my assistance is a Republican or Democrat, moron.

Uh oh... it looks trouble is brewing for the "Liberal panties in a wad brigade". Where are the others? Only 2 shock troopers to take me to task? Damn, you guys are slippin' :lol:

Seriously you guys crack me up. If I said it's a beautiful day outside you'd jump up and tell me my "blanket statement" was wrong, that it was a crappy day somewhere, and how ignorant I was for making my observation.

I didn't say 'ALL'. In fact, other than you knee-jerkers I get along great with many Libs on this site. So raise another cup of Kool-Aid and proclaim victory like you always do. :clap2:

Uh oh... it looks trouble is brewing for the "Liberal panties in a wad brigade". Where are the others? Only 2 shock troopers to take me to task? Damn, you guys are slippin' :lol:

Seriously you guys crack me up. If I said it's a beautiful day outside you'd jump up and tell me my "blanket statement" was wrong, that it was a crappy day somewhere, and how ignorant I was for making my observation.

I didn't say 'ALL'. In fact, other than you knee-jerkers I get along great with many Libs on this site. So raise another cup of Kool-Aid and proclaim victory like you always do. :clap2:

So you didn't say this?

Amanda said:
I've never seen a liberal help anyone but themself.

Looks like 'ALL' fits in there nicely. How many liberal friends will you have now?

So you didn't say this?

Amanda said:

Looks like 'ALL' fits in there nicely. How many liberal friends will you have now?

Gosh, no matter how I look at that sentence I don't see the word 'ALL' in it. I see me talking about my personal experience and expressing an opinion, but I don't see where I've said ALL Liberals are any particular way.

And sorry, I'm not here to win any popularity contests so it really doesn't matter how many friends I have. I can see it's really important to you though so keep with the party line and I'm sure all your buddies will love you - unless - oopsie, you step out of line. See, that's where you and I are VERY different. I don't have any problem announcing my pro-choice stance right in front of all my conservative friends here. I have a handful of not-conservative beliefs and I say them just the same as my very conservative beliefs. And the friends I have respect that I can speak my truth no matter who it might offend. Give it a try and see how many liberal friends rush to your side. The big difference is I don't have friends because I say the right things, I have friends because I have integrity.

So try again. And while you're at it rally the troops, I kinda miss all the parrots squawking at once. :lol:

We've fppt, been thinning the pttp...flock recently. Sorry, I had a feather in my mouth.

So you didn't say this?

Amanda said:

Gosh, no matter how I look at that sentence I don't see the word 'ALL' in it. I see me talking about my personal experience and expressing an opinion, but I don't see where I've said ALL Liberals are any particular way.

And sorry, I'm not here to win any popularity contests so it really doesn't matter how many friends I have. I can see it's really important to you though so keep with the party line and I'm sure all your buddies will love you - unless - oopsie, you step out of line. See, that's where you and I are VERY different. I don't have any problem announcing my pro-choice stance right in front of all my conservative friends here. I have a handful of not-conservative beliefs and I say them just the same as my very conservative beliefs. And the friends I have respect that I can speak my truth no matter who it might offend. Give it a try and see how many liberal friends rush to your side. The big difference is I don't have friends because I say the right things, I have friends because I have integrity.

So try again. And while you're at it rally the troops, I kinda miss all the parrots squawking at once. :lol:

Sorry, but my fourth grade English teacher would argue that the words "ALL" and "NEVER" are equally inclusive.

That said, I'm not here to argue symantics with you. I too have stated opinions about cultural values that go against party line, so don't think you're so special in that regard either.

What you said was totally uncalled for, period. So just stop trying to justify your despicable remarks and move on. Maybe I'll forget you ever said it.

Bush and Cheney committed Treason in the Plame case, and should have been prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I am certain that there are people in the House who would be more than happy to hear your non-existent proof of these empty accusations. Why not give Nazi Pelosi a call, she would love to still prosecute Bush or cheney, or any other conservative you can make something up about.

So you didn't say this?

Sorry, but my fourth grade English teacher would argue that the words "ALL" and "NEVER" are equally inclusive.

That said, I'm not here to argue symantics with you. I too have stated opinions about cultural values that go against party line, so don't think you're so special in that regard either.

What you said was totally uncalled for, period. So just stop trying to justify your despicable remarks and move on. Maybe I'll forget you ever said it.

Ok, let me think about this for a second.... no, sorry, I don't care what your 4th grade teacher said. I can't recall ever meeting a teacher I thought was worth a shit. YMMV.

Despicable, huh? When did opinions and personal observations become despicable? Oh right, when they step on the ever so sensitive toes of our cultural elites, the Left.

I'd think hearing what others thought would be a boon. It gives you a chance to work on your public image and adjust your spin so you don't look so... what's a good word for it.... yeah, despicable. :)

Ok, let me think about this for a second.... no, sorry, I don't care what your 4th grade teacher said. I can't recall ever meeting a teacher I thought was worth a shit. YMMV.

Despicable, huh? When did opinions and personal observations become despicable? Oh right, when they step on the ever so sensitive toes of our cultural elites, the Left.

I'd think hearing what others thought would be a boon. It gives you a chance to work on your public image and adjust your spin so you don't look so... what's a good word for it.... yeah, despicable. :)

I think your problem, Amanda, is that you never met a teacher you thought was worth a shit. Now run along. You're probably way too pretty to conjure up the bully image I currently have of you.

Watch the map turn black as the Democrat party policies take effect.
multimediafinal

How low would employment have to go for Congress to ram through drilling in ANWR:

"ANWR drilling also would create jobs. Estimates of the number of jobs to be created vary widely, from low estimates of tens of thousands of new jobs to, according to one estimate, over 2.2 million."
Ten Second Response: Small Group of House Republicans Derails ANWR Drilling

Forum List

Back