US Unemployment Map

Watch the same thing this time next year....

I'm afraid to. I've already been wiped out financially this year. I can't imagine how bad it's gonna be next year. :eusa_eh::eek:

How does a college student get wiped out financially? There's currently more financial aid than before which is available at lower interest rates and lax repayment terms.

Lost my job in April.

Lost our home of 12 years (and most of its contents) in September (Ga floods). Going back to school January 4th on the Obama plan.

Do you require my 1040A, with attachments? I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours. ;)

Last edited:
I wish they'd invert the colors, so it starts black and turns yellow...it'd be far happier!

Watch the map turn black as the Democrat party policies take effect.
multimediafinal

What an awesome map! Strange how the unemployment rates went up right after the Democrats took control of Congress.

So what happened in 2007 that created unemployment by the dems? I seem to recall they were quite blocked from doing much of anything that year because they barely had a majority in the House and evenly split in the Senate, therefore NO majority. Enlighten me.

The Democrat House spent 95% of 2007 investigating everything they could think of to try to get something on Bush or Cheney. They finally settled for Libby. That is why they were 5 months or so late with all the annual spending bills and still haven't caught up.

What an awesome map! Strange how the unemployment rates went up right after the Democrats took control of Congress.

So what happened in 2007 that created unemployment by the dems? I seem to recall they were quite blocked from doing much of anything that year because they barely had a majority in the House and evenly split in the Senate, therefore NO majority. Enlighten me.

The Democrat House spent 95% of 2007 investigating everything they could think of to try to get something on Bush or Cheney. They finally settled for Libby. That is why they were 5 months or so late with all the annual spending bills and still haven't caught up.

95% huh????

:cuckoo:

95% huh????

:cuckoo:

Well, probably 100%, but we figured some time for potty breaks.

The only thing that will get us out of a recession is education and investment. Republicans will fight both.

The only thing that will get us out of a recession is education and investment. Republicans will fight both.

Republicans almost always favor investment. It is just that Democrats mean using tax dollars to invest "government" money and we mean invest. Didn't you hear? We are out of hte recession. It is just jobs that stayed away. That will require government gettiing out of the way of small business.

I blame Bush

I blame Gore, if there had been a better choice I could have voted Democrat that year.

i blame the democratic party....and i felt the same way about Kerry....but i did not vote for Bush the second time.....and i put the blame on both parties the last time around for picking the 2 worst possible candidates.....hence i see no reason to support either party....they both suck....

hey save, give it a rest or are you old enough to remember Bush 1 jobless recovery, I mean that's why he lost

No, they won't fight both, irrespective of your idiotic emotional babbling about your obsession.

And, even IF they did, so what? Democrats are fully in control thus fully responsible for what government does or does not do.

Minimum wage increase. Increase in government spending.

A minimum wage hike stimulates consumption by putting more money in the hands of low-income consumers, increasing their standard of living somewhat and decreases the reliance on social welfare programs. Republicans will argue that increasing the minimum wage cuts into profit margins and therefore the higher cost of doing business is passed off to consumers through higher prices, creating inflation and nullifying any standard of living increase wage earners might have otherwise enjoyed.

But that didn't happen. Inflation actually went down in 2007, rose slightly in 2008, and stands at an all-time low since 2000 at -2%. Also unemployment didn't begin rising dramatically until 2008.

You are absolutely 100% wrong, Mags... minimum wage does not 'stimulate consumption'... it does, precisely what we have seen, raise the price of labor, increase unemployment in small businesses and entry level jobs, and making it actually rougher on the demographic it is supposedly trying to help...
What is really bad this time is that with the economy already in harsh shape, the prices cannot increase because of reduced demand and the businesses suffer even more, leading to gradually increasing higher unemployment..

And libs still act like raising minimum wage is supposed to help families with parents in their 30's with a couple of kids.. when in fact minimum wage was never intended for such people.. it was intended as a starting point for entry level workers at very young ages... by the time anyone is in the workforce for a couple of years, logic would dictate raising of a skill level or education to derive higher compensation... hell, even work at McDonalds for a couple years and you'll get pay raises and promotions where you are not a minimum wage worker anymore... yet we still see the same tired arguments from the left of how this is a buffer for 'working adults' and families... truly laughable... it is a business killer

More and more people I know are unemployed. I'm unemployed but taken care of so I don't count. But still, how is anyone able to call what we're going through 'recovery'??? I don't see any recovery. I see sadness... people that are desolate... people that would do anything to make things better.

And at the same time I see people helping people. I see the real spirit of America at work. It won't be politicians, at least not the 1's we have now, helping people, it will be other Americans that care. As far as I can see who are those Americans? Not Libs, that's for damn sure. I see Libs running for cover and helping themselves. The people I see REALLY helping others are conservatives.

Who gives more to charity? Who stops on the road to help? Who's there for their neighbor? Conservatives. Fuck liberal thinking, it's a "save yourself" philosophy. Conservatives are the people you can count on when you're down. I've never seen a liberal help anyone but themself.

Forum List

Back