US Troops Want To Stay

10) Do you approve or disapprove of the way George W. Bush is handling the situation with Iraq?

Approve 35%
Disapprove 42%
No opinion 10%
Decline to answer 12%
11) Do you approve or disapprove of the way George W. Bush is handling his job as president?

Approve 52%
Disapprove 31%
No opinion 6%
Decline to answer 10%

this is from 12/06

10) Do you approve or disapprove of the way George W. Bush is handling the situation with Iraq?

Approve 35%
Disapprove 42%
No opinion 10%
Decline to answer 12%
11) Do you approve or disapprove of the way George W. Bush is handling his job as president?

Approve 52%
Disapprove 31%
No opinion 6%
Decline to answer 10%

this is from 12/06

Opinion polls would fall under the same heading of "Irrelevant."

funny you would say that about what our troops think.

I understand what you are saying though ,I know they dont run policy.

It is interesting to know how they feel though.

funny you would say that about what our troops think.

I understand what you are saying though ,I know they dont run policy.

It is interesting to know how they feel though.

It is only "funny" if you take it out of context. In case you have missed it, I am BIG on freedom of speech, even when someone is flat-out, 100% wrong.

However, in the military, one must differentiate between one's personal and professional opinions, and express the former ONLY in the appropriate forum. It gets tougher as one moves up in rank because EVERY Marine subordiante to you is watching every move you make to define their standard of conduct.

So, I feel that the opinions of servicemembers are just as important as anyone else's. I just don't agree with the premise of this thread which basically that strategic decisions should be made based on those personal opinions.

Very true!

Which is why it so Very important for us to get our foriegn policy right.

We ask and they go No questions asked.

We Owe them to Make God Damned sure we are not sending into a pig in a poke.

Warriors do fight better when they know what they are doing is honorable though.

I would Never send them into something not worth thier Great Honor.

Im afraid we have in this one.

It does not disminish Their Honor it disminishes those who sent them.

god damn it there are 8 more dead today.

I am so sick of the dishonest use of the blood of our heros.

To say something like this is utter rubish...

They want to stay till what?...Everybody is holding hands there...Can that be accomplished?

I can see a soldier wanting to finish the job..the war..have a good closure to the end.

Is this the case in Iraq?..What closure is possible to accomplish there?

Last month you claimed the surge is working...

Everyday more of a reality comes to truth in this occupation,preventing all hell from breaking out over there...

We can stall..but the outcome is gona be..what it's gone be.

If a soldier wants to stay there..finish the job..It's what's in his heart..as a soldier talking..A military type feeling going through his veins....The soldiers,and the Vets here..and the family for those over there...Don't hold to what your post is claiming as a whole...That's a political type feeling...and the love of family.

Most of them write home every day...wanting to get the F outa there.

To feel defeat is something we're all gona have to live with..This is,was..and always is gona be a failure..and a pin prick in our ass.

It's not defeat..It's a no win situation...we can't change a dam thing..or stop the ball from rolling on what's gona happen over there...We can't stop it.

Yes..we got a responsibility..to Iraq..and it's neighbors to finish this....As far as accomplishment..and a success..a victory?

Give me a break....That's where we gota draw the line...President Bush's failure for Iraq being a becon of demacracy has falied...

That embassy we're building must be like that of Hitler's Bunker in the last days of WWII...

To say the soldiers & those serving prove the cause...to continue this blunder is something I can't grasp.

Warriors do fight better when they know what they are doing is honorable though.

I would Never send them into something not worth thier Great Honor.

Im afraid we have in this one.

It does not disminish Their Honor it disminishes those who sent them.

There was nothing dishonorable about removing Saddam Hussein from power. He deserved it if anyone does.

Removing him from power is a strategically questionable call, not a manner of honor at all.

There was nothing dishonorable about removing Saddam Hussein from power. He deserved it if anyone does.

Removing him from power is a strategically questionable call, not a manner of honor at all.

Strategically questionable?

There is,was..never gona be a natural wonder of the world questionable aspect to this bologna.

A dishonorable aspect to this...Is that what we are falling back on?..Is one asshole of a ruler worth all this..Need I get some charts out..and show the facts of the matter?

Saddam was better left in power...Even The Bush Team would tell you that now.

He was the shit cork in the bottle.

Yes he was a Turd , yes he was nasty and smelled but he was a cork.

I didnt like him when the neocons helpped him to power and I ditn like him when they took him out of power.

There were more Americans and Iraqis alive when he was a corkin though

Strategically questionable?

There is,was..never gona be a natural wonder of the world questionable aspect to this bologna.

A dishonorable aspect to this...Is that what we are falling back on?..Is one asshole of a ruler worth all this..Need I get some charts out..and show the facts of the matter?

Saddam was better left in power...Even The Bush Team would tell you that now.

You can get out whatever charts , pics, data or whatever else you think you need to. Bring your sliderule.

Now, what part of "strategically questionable" do you NOT equate to "IMO, the ME would have been better off with Saddam left in power?"

That however does NOT in any way negate the fact there was more than enough justification to remove him from power. It merely means that of the two choices, leaving him in power would have been the wiser course of action.

Is one asshole ruler of the world worth WHAT exactly? Removing Saddam didn't amount to crap, and was a relatively flawless military operation.

He was the shit cork in the bottle.

Yes he was a Turd , yes he was nasty and smelled but he was a cork.

I didnt like him when the neocons helpped him to power and I ditn like him when they took him out of power.

There were more Americans and Iraqis alive when he was a corkin though

There were no such things as "neocons" when Saddam came into power, and he became Head of State in Iraq while Carter was President.

You can get out whatever charts , pics, data or whatever else you think you need to. Bring your sliderule.

Now, what part of "strategically questionable" do you NOT equate to "IMO, the ME would have been better off with Saddam left in power?"

That however does NOT in any way negate the fact there was more than enough justification to remove him from power. It merely means that of the two choices, leaving him in power would have been the wiser course of action.

Is one asshole ruler of the world worth WHAT exactly? Removing Saddam didn't amount to crap, and was a relatively flawless military operation.

I want everybody to read this crap..Point of truth?

Flawless my ass Gunny...You turned on the news lately??

What the F are you saying?...Stop with the examples..and the crap text.

Can you say it in one dam sentence??

Say it like it is..Most the Vets from where I live..give a hell of a better example.

I want everybody to read this crap..Point of truth?

Flawless my ass Gunny...You turned on the news lately??

What the F are you saying?...Stop with the examples..and the crap text.

Can you say it in one dam sentence??

Say it like it is..Most the Vets from where I live..give a hell of a better example.

You mean can I thoroughly confuse a reader as quickly as you with your inane prattle? Sorry, dude, you own me on THAT one.

Take THIS post for example. I have NO idea what "it" is you think I should say since you have posted no complete question.

Then there's the part where you tell me to stop with the examples; yet, two sentences later say "most vets from where you live give a hell of a better example."

Example of WHAT? My previous statement contains no examples.

And perhaps you can tell me what was flawed about the military invasion that removed Saddam from power?

Forum List

Back