US Troops Want To Stay

Originally Posted by maineman
no...you posted a press release that CLAIMED the casualties were down by 60%.... from the british forces press office. I posted DoD figures that show that American casualties NEVER decreased one iota because of the surge...in fact, american casualties over the last eight months are 53% HIGHER than the previous eight months..... things are getting worse, and the Iraqi parliament is taking the summer off while our boys die patrolling their mean streets...and you want us to continue to do that forever?????

Facts never did mean much to you

maineman posted facts from the DOD and rsr posted a press release from the british government and now he says that mm doesn't like facts????

:cuckoo: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :cuckoo:

I still you are still stuck in the past and do not want to address how the troops feel about the surrender money libs

Given how fast you posted here you igniored the video link and photos of the troops and how they feel about things

So much for supporting the troops MM

at least you are consistent

as are you... just sitting there typ(o)ing away while the troops YOU SAY you support are being killed and maimed in Iraq for a mission that constantly changes.

How many of them have to die before your blood lust is sated, rsr?

True

The last things Dems want is for the troops to actually accomplish anything in Iraq

That would cripple their 08 election chances

We've been there for four years, rsr... how long do you propose we give them to get whatever it is you think needs to be accomplished done?

Or is it just your insatiable blood lust that causes you to want our troops being killed and maimed forever in a country we invaded on misinformation?

not me. I am sad that our troops are dying. I hope for their success. I don't believe, however, that the ill-conceived and poorly planned excusion into Iraq can possibly end in any sort of meaningful success.

Success? Just more death and injuries for both sides... and of course the friends of bush will get richer and richer and richer...

You can go to hell for lying as you can for stealing

You should think long and hard about that before hitting submit, rsr. Each time.

devil-smiley-029.gif
It's gonna be hot for you... real hot...
devil-smiley-029.gif

At one time the casualites were down 60%

I posted the link to prove it

Now, the terrorists have stepped up attacks knowing with each attack the Dems will push harder for surrender

The plan is working

As far as the troops wanting to stay - it is more then obeying orders. They do beliee they are making a difderence and they will win the fight

If only the left in this country would support them and back them - it would make a difference

It really isn't any more complex than MM stated. The military is a tool of the US government and has no self-will. While each servicemember is entitled to his/her personal opinion, it is irrelevant to the mission.

It really isn't any more complex than MM stated. The military is a tool of the US government and has no self-will. While each servicemember is entitled to his/her personal opinion, it is irrelevant to the mission.

exactly! and even if you don't agree with the politics behind the foreign policy that drives the mission, accomplishing the mission itself, with skill and honor and esprit de corps makes it remarkably rewarding in and of itself.

exactly! and even if you don't agree with the politics behind the foreign policy that drives the mission, accomplishing the mission itself, with skill and honor and esprit de corps makes it remarkably rewarding in and of itself.

LOL ... not sure I'll go THAT far. I've done some seriously pointless things. However, we carried out each and every order/mission to the best of our abilities. Sometimes self-satisfaction is all there is.

LOL ... not sure I'll go THAT far. I've done some seriously pointless things. However, we carried out each and every order/mission to the best of our abilities. Sometimes self-satisfaction is all there is.

That's what I mean.... no matter what we were out on the pond doing, we tried to do it with professionalism and flair..... and doing so better, more precisely, than the destroyer next to you in the screen was satisfying.

I understand completely the desires of the troops in Iraq to stay and win this battle they have been waging. If I were there, I am sure that I would feel exactly the same way.

As a career military man, however, I realized early on that my opinion as to my mission was really irrelevant to the process.

If you could only keep your irrelivent non-supportive opinions to yourself now!!!!

If you could only keep your irrelivent non-supportive opinions to yourself now!!!!

If people you disagreed with all kept their opinions to themselves, this board would cease to exist...

On would think before voting to surrender, the Dems would want to hear form the troops.

They even snubbed Gen Petraeus and his briefing prior to the surrender vote. Murtha called him a political hack.

On would think before voting to surrender, the Dems would want to hear form the troops.

They even snubbed Gen Petraeus and his briefing prior to the surrender vote. Murtha called him a political hack.

Gunny just got done telling you "While each servicemember is entitled to his/her personal opinion, it is irrelevant to the mission"

why would you think that it makes any sense to hear from the "troops" if their opinions are irrelevant.....and this isn't about generals and flag officers...they all knew they were moving off the battlefield and into politics the moment they accepted their first star...... this is about your foolish assertions about the opinions of "the troops".

Gunny just got done telling you "While each servicemember is entitled to his/her personal opinion, it is irrelevant to the mission"

why would you think that it makes any sense to hear from the "troops" if their opinions are irrelevant.....and this isn't about generals and flag officers...they all knew they were moving off the battlefield and into politics the moment they accepted their first star...... this is about your foolish assertions about the opinions of "the troops".

Does that include Gen Petraeus?

The commanders don't hold a formation before each mission and ask for a show of hands on who wants to go. The US military is NOT a democracy. It's an authoritarian dictatorship.

If Genera; Petraeus is asked for a professional assessment of the situation, that is what he is expected to give. He will not be officially asked his personal opinion on the matter. It is completely irrelevant to the situation.

Forum List

Back