US Troops in serious peril now..Terry Jones burns Koran

oday, 08:14 PM
Sunni Man
Member #11674 Join Date: Aug 2008

Quote: Originally Posted by bigrebnc1775
Surely theres a video some where for you to know if it was a quran or not.

Sunni Man

I am not interested enough to spend the time looking for it.

But you can look it up and post it if you are that curious.

It's important we must know if people were killed over a fake book. You're the expert.

I accept it's an irrelevant act in itself but it isn't irrelevant when you know that there are negative consequences.

It would go the same way in reverse if Americans made threats about the burning of the US flag, or bibles and this was ignored by a bunch of nutcase Muslims...

When was the last time any Aericans killed anyone for burning a flag? And if they did I would blame them for their own actions

I accept it's an irrelevant act in itself but it isn't irrelevant when you know that there are negative consequences.
This is how I look at it. Me and a buddy that likes to start fight at bars goes out and he gets us into a fight, I am not going to blame him for starting the fight, I will blame myself for being there.

I never said that Americans have ever killed anyone for burning a flag.

I'm trying to understand your bar analogy, do you represent Jones or the Muslims?

You are the one that mentionedit first.
It would go the same way in reverse if Americans made threats about the burning of the US flag, or bibles and this was ignored by a bunch of nutcase Muslims
I just wanted to know when was the last time an American killed a person for burning an American flag?

I'm trying to understand your bar analogy, do you represent Jones or the Muslims?

I guess nothing since you did see that I would be taking respondsibility for my own actions and not blaming the person who caused the fight.

Wouldn't have fired them up like that for talking about Libya.

The Koran is much more than just a book to them, it's a symbol.

Translation: I do not want to answer that because it proves that I am wrong. The really weird thing is that these are the same people who had nor problem with the destruction of the Buddha statues in Afghanistan. Those were symbols to other people, and they literraly blasted all trace of them off the face of the Earth.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4xrpjR0_0o"]YouTube - Taliban destroying Buddha statues in Afghanistan[/ame]

If they have no problem destroying the symbols of another religion why should I care if someone destroys a symbol of their religion? Why didn't they riot when the US military destroyed Bibles that were shipped to soldiers in Afghanistan? Why didn't they at least speak up about it being against the principles of their religion? Which it is, by the way.

The problem here is not Jones, it is them. And, perhaps, you.

But...why did Jones burn the book?

Why did they destroy the Buddha statues? Why didn't Buddhists riot in the streets? Why did they riot in the streets? Why ask why?

When was the last time any Aericans killed anyone for burning a flag? And if they did I would blame them for their own actions

This is how I look at it. Me and a buddy that likes to start fight at bars goes out and he gets us into a fight, I am not going to blame him for starting the fight, I will blame myself for being there.

It would go the same way in reverse if Americans made threats about the burning of the US flag, or bibles and this was ignored by a bunch of nutcase Muslims
I just wanted to know when was the last time an American killed a person for burning an American flag?

I guess nothing since you did see that I would be taking respondsibility for my own actions and not blaming the person who caused the fight.

The flag burning scenario was a "what-if" - I must learn to write in English.

And I agree with you at last - Jones should take responsibility for his actions, as should the lunatics in Afghanistan.

Translation: I do not want to answer that because it proves that I am wrong. The really weird thing is that these are the same people who had nor problem with the destruction of the Buddha statues in Afghanistan. Those were symbols to other people, and they literraly blasted all trace of them off the face of the Earth.

YouTube - Taliban destroying Buddha statues in Afghanistan

If they have no problem destroying the symbols of another religion why should I care if someone destroys a symbol of their religion? Why didn't they riot when the US military destroyed Bibles that were shipped to soldiers in Afghanistan? Why didn't they at least speak up about it being against the principles of their religion? Which it is, by the way.

The problem here is not Jones, it is them. And, perhaps, you.

But...why did Jones burn the book?

Why did they destroy the Buddha statues? Why didn't Buddhists riot in the streets? Why did they riot in the streets? Why ask why?

Dunno.

Of course it does.
I accept it's your right to burn books but with rights comes with responsibilities and requires judgement.

It's a poor society when the level of justification comes down to "I simply did it because I could, and because it pisses you off and you can't stop me - so there!"
Good on you Americans...you must be really proud, you really showed them!
It sounds like you are justifing the killers action for the lawful actions of another.

Get off your high horse, there's absolutely no way I agree with that, I'd be happy for an eye-for-an-eye to be visited on those barbarians!

I just think you should step back and look at the levels that discussion and debate are descending to in your country.

Does New Zealand have some towers, per chance, that were leveled? With NZanders inside going about their business? No? Yes?
The discussion and debate in our country is what makes us who we are. Some dont like that. I say tough patooties.

Just sayin'. No offense intended.

It's important we must know if people were killed over a fake book. You're the expert.

I really couldn't tell because the camera shot was too far away.

But the Preacher said that it was; and we know that preachers never lie. :doubt:

It's important people were killed because of this. You are seeing the same thing the killers looked You're telling me you can't tell if it's a real quran or not, now how could the killers know if they can onlly see what you see in the same video?

Simple

#1. there are no Buddhists in Afghanistan

#2. it's their country and they didn't want large stone idols in it.

#3. Buddhists don't believe in material things

#4. They are too busy chanting and begging for rice to ever riot. :cool:

And I agree with you at last - Jones should take responsibility for his actions, as should the lunatics in Afghanistan.

It's a what if because it has never happened.

And I agree with you at last - Jones should take responsibility for his actions, as should the lunatics in Afghanistan
NO what Jones did does not equate to killing people, what Jones did was legal and did not affect anyone. The actions of the killers did.

It's important people were killed because of this. You are seeing the same thing the killers looked You're telling me you can't tell if it's a real quran or not, now how could the killers know if they can onlly see what you see in the same video?

The Christian holy man said that it was real.

So we have to take him at his word.

After all, Preachers will never tell a lie. :doubt:N

Last edited:

The Christian holy man said that it was.

So we have to take him at his word.

After all, Preachers will never tell a lie. :doubt:N

How did he know what it was since you said you couldn't tell what it was? He saw the same thing you did.
Sorry we don't call preachers holy men I thought you were talkin about some muslim holyman.

Last edited:
Last edited:
It sounds like you are justifing the killers action for the lawful actions of another.

Get off your high horse, there's absolutely no way I agree with that, I'd be happy for an eye-for-an-eye to be visited on those barbarians!

I just think you should step back and look at the levels that discussion and debate are descending to in your country.

Does New Zealand have some towers, per chance, that were leveled? With NZanders inside going about their business? No? Yes?
The discussion and debate in our country is what makes us who we are. Some dont like that. I say tough patooties.

Just sayin'. No offense intended.

No offense taken...I'm the one poking you.
And don't think I'm justifying any terrorist action.

On the other hand, just because someone can do something, doesn't make them less of a fuckwit for doing it, and surely freedom of expression extends to those that say that he is...indeed...you know...a fuckwit.

He has the right to burn a book, of course he does, but should he, when it is going to offend other people (not just the radicals) and put other people's lives at risk?

Forum List

Back