US Troops in serious peril now..Terry Jones burns Koran

The bigger question is, why were people killed because a book was burned.

That would be the next question but first, why did Jones burn the book?
Because the act of burning a book is iirelavant, the book has no life in it. Your question should not even be asked it doesn't matter. The question is why were people killed because of the burning of a book?
A book against the value of life?

There's no question about the value of life to a book.

It goes the other way as well, what's the value of burning a book against the lives lost?
Did he make that evaluation before carrying out his petulant act?

That would be the next question but first, why did Jones burn the book?
Because the act of burning a book is iirelavant, the book has no life in it. Your question should not even be asked it doesn't matter. The question is why were people killed because of the burning of a book?

It goes the other way as well, what's the value of burning a book against the lives lost?

No it doesn't. What you are doing is enabling the killers because of the action of another who did nothing against the law.

I took this from another thread. But the guy made some great points

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQ_OfOTEHc]YouTube - Burn The Quran[/ame]

No it doesn't. What you are doing is enabling the killers because of the action of another who did nothing against the law.

Of course it does.
I accept it's your right to burn books but with rights comes with responsibilities and requires judgement.

It's a poor society when the level of justification comes down to "I simply did it because I could, and because it pisses you off and you can't stop me - so there!"
Good on you Americans...you must be really proud, you really showed them!

Of course it does.
I accept it's your right to burn books but with rights comes with responsibilities and requires judgement.

It's a poor society when the level of justification comes down to "I simply did it because I could, and because it pisses you off and you can't stop me - so there!"
It sounds like you are justifing the killers action for the lawful actions of another.

Of course it does.

It sounds like you are justifing the killers action for the lawful actions of another.

Get off your high horse, there's absolutely no way I agree with that, I'd be happy for an eye-for-an-eye to be visited on those barbarians!

I just think you should step back and look at the levels that discussion and debate are descending to in your country.

LOL. That book wasn't a Quran.

Every Quran I have ever seen has Arabic calligraphy on both the front and rear covers.

That book was plain and devoid of any writing.

The retard must have been too cheap to actually buy a real Quran. :lol: :cuckoo:

Every Quran I have ever seen has Arabic calligraphy on both the front and rear covers.

The retard must have been too cheap to actually buy a real Quran. :lol: :cuckoo:

I notice he was well disguised too with dark glasses, bandanna and joke nose and moustache.
Big brave boy.

Of course it does.

Get off your high horse, there's absolutely no way I agree with that, I'd be happy for an eye-for-an-eye to be visited on those barbarians!

I just think you should step back and look at the levels that discussion and debate are descending to in your country.

I guess our views differ. The act of burning a book is irrelevant, thats why I don't take action when someone burns an American flag.

How do you know it wasn't a quran? Aren't there different versions by different authors or what ever youy call those religous leaders?

I guess our views differ. The act of burning a book is irrelevant, thats why I don't take action when someone burns an American flag.

I accept it's an irrelevant act in itself but it isn't irrelevant when you know that there are negative consequences.

It would go the same way in reverse if Americans made threats about the burning of the US flag, or bibles and this was ignored by a bunch of nutcase Muslims...

How do you know it wasn't a quran? Aren't there different versions by different authors or what ever youy call those religous leaders?
Nope

There is only "one" authentic version of the Quran and that is in Arabic.

A Quran that is translated into any other language is not considered a Quran.

So he could burn as many translations of the Quran as he wants and we couldn't care less. :cool:

Btw an Islamic leader of a mosque is called an Imam (e-mom)

I accept it's an irrelevant act in itself but it isn't irrelevant when you know that there are negative consequences.

It would go the same way in reverse if Americans made threats about the burning of the US flag, or bibles and this was ignored by a bunch of nutcase Muslims...

In fact, wasn't that part of the justification for invading Iraq - "Well, we told Saddam to adhere to the demands made of him by the UN but he has chosen to ignore them...the shit that is about to rain down on him and his country is all his fault."

Sorry, before you ask, I don't have a link - it's all from my memory.

Nope

There is only "one" authentic version of the Quran and that is in Arabic.

A Quran that is translated into any other language is not considered a Quran.

So he could burn as many translations of the Quran as he wants and we couldn't care less. :cool:

Btw an Islamic leader of a mosque is called an Imam (e-mom)

oh so did Jones burn a real Quran, or did the islamic nut cases use it as an excuse to do what they do naturally?

It would go the same way in reverse if Americans made threats about the burning of the US flag, or bibles and this was ignored by a bunch of nutcase Muslims

When was the last time any Aericans killed anyone for burning a flag? And if they did I would blame them for their own actions

This is how I look at it. Me and a buddy that likes to start fight at bars goes out and he gets us into a fight, I am not going to blame him for starting the fight, I will blame myself for being there.

oh so did Jones burn a real Quran, or did the islamic nut cases use it as an excuse to do what they do naturally?

Never saw it so I don't know. :cool:

Did the Islamic nutcases see it? Surely theres a video some where for you to know if it was a quran or not.

It looks like the same book in the other video.

Last edited by a moderator:

It would go the same way in reverse if Americans made threats about the burning of the US flag, or bibles and this was ignored by a bunch of nutcase Muslims

When was the last time any Aericans killed anyone for burning a flag? And if they did I would blame them for their own actions

This is how I look at it. Me and a buddy that likes to start fight at bars goes out and he gets us into a fight, I am not going to blame him for starting the fight, I will blame myself for being there.

I never said that Americans have ever killed anyone for burning a flag.

I'm trying to understand your bar analogy, do you represent Jones or the Muslims?

Forum List

Back