Us Troops Heading Into Africa Soon For Ebola Fight

Riddle me this.

Our stated mission is to build 18 medical clinics.......17 100 bed facilities and one 25 bed facility for doctors and medical personnel infected..............In 2 weeks the number of cases doubled in Liberia...........How long will it take to build these clinics, and by then how much further does the disease spread...............

It will take months and large amounts of money to build these, and that is fast tracking the facilities. How does that stop the spread NOW as WHO is saying it is taking off like wildfire...........

It will be a monumental effort. As it is now, it appears many of the population ignore the known health risks, steal the bodies of their loved ones to wash and bury. In doing so they themselves become infected.

It is a nightmare.

In several US cities, illegal bush meat is being sold to these groups. It in inevitable that it will rear it's ugly head here no matter how many troops we send over.

A true catch 22

Mark my words......... :cool:

There will be race pimps like Sharpton, Jackson, or Farrahkan.

Claiming that the U.S. government invented ebola in a lab.

And then released it in Africa as a means of population control and genocide.

Sending U.S. soldiers to fight ebola is beyond idiotic. ...... :cool:

Our troops are going in as logistics/trainers, they're not intended to treat Ebola patients directly. As such, they should be at a remove from the front lines of fighting the infection. The call for volunteers is interesting, but NGOs are already in the front lines against Ebola, have been all along in W. Africa. The NGOs are burning out, their people (& local medical care personnel) are getting infected because they have to reuse Personal Protective Equipment - instead of discarding it. I believe we're (& other Western countries) transporting lots of replacement PPE, to help out the medical teams on the ground.

The local teams & NGOs need more beds/facilities, supplies, training for new medical personnel intake - all of which we (& other Western countries) will help supply. WHO is doing what they can, but like all UN efforts, they also rely on member-state volunteers, with only a cadre to help coordinate efforts.

Jag..........Let them go to the Hot Zone to gather evidence if someone there doesn't like it. Be sure to take bodily fluids as evidence....................Sea lawyers.............................

Your splitting hairs Sam..........The troops will go but please don't say the are actually volunteering for this shit.

So, you think only Volunteers should Volunteer to Obey the CIC.

What does the rest of the Army do?

I watched a documentary on this a few days ago.
I forgot what channel it was on, but they said that some people are sneaking out of the quarantined areas.
One was a rich guy who left in his private plane to get treatment from a Doctor in another country.
Others were getting on commercial planes and flying to other countries to get treatment.
They are exposing many people to this deadly virus and they need to be stopped from leaving and going anywhere.
What makes me angry is the Feds are not telling us about this.
This is why our troops are going there. It is to help contain this virus from people who are doing this and exposing everybody in the rest of the world to this deadly virus.

It was a two part documentary on Discovery. I was glad it told about the very real risk to the US.

Remembering back to when Reagan refused to even say the word, "AIDS". His willful ignorance resulted in the deaths of thousands. I'm glad President Obama is taking a proactive stance but Ebola WILL get into the US and the right WILL lie about Obama's actions.

(My bold)

Ebola Reston arrived in the US - 15 miles from WADC, no less - in 1989. The USAMRIID & CDC invented the protocols for dealing with a hot zone - biohazard suits, lots of bleach, taking tissue samples of the infected animals, securing the samples & dead animals, disinfecting the site, layers of protection/isolation, HEPA filters. Samples & cultures of Ebola, Reston, Marburg & all the other known viral agents are doubtless under study in the US, looking for cures, vaccines. That's how you run a research operation. Read In the Hot Zone, an excellent primer on Ebola, history, suspected sources.

He has no right to send 3,000 of our troops into a place where there is A DISEASE with no known cure. Like I said, if there were 3,000 people going, they should be volunteers.

They are volunteers:

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

He has no right to send 3,000 of our troops into a place where there is A DISEASE with no known cure. Like I said, if there were 3,000 people going, they should be volunteers.

They are volunteers:

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

I understand that oath and took it once. I'd do my duty and curse the Idiot who sent me there, and after my tour is up I'd leave the military refusing to serve under the orders of another imbecile CNC...........I got out under Clinton. I had no respect for him and got the hell out.

We have a right and a duty as the people of this country to QUESTION the CNC when he puts our forces in harms way. In this case an unseen enemy that may kill our people via a horrible disease.............

The Salute.............You Salute the Rank and not necessarily the person you are saluting. While our military will honor the respect of the CNC that doesn't mean they actually respect him.

Sure.

I was just replying to the post that implied that Enlistment in Military Service was not voluntary, or that it excluded an oath to obey the orders of CNC.

If the president ordered the 101st Airborne Division to shoot all the queers in California, they'd be obligated to follow his commands?

They are volunteers:

They are volunteers:

I understand that oath and took it once. I'd do my duty and curse the Idiot who sent me there, and after my tour is up I'd leave the military refusing to serve under the orders of another imbecile CNC...........I got out under Clinton. I had no respect for him and got the hell out.

We have a right and a duty as the people of this country to QUESTION the CNC when he puts our forces in harms way. In this case an unseen enemy that may kill our people via a horrible disease.............

The Salute.............You Salute the Rank and not necessarily the person you are saluting. While our military will honor the respect of the CNC that doesn't mean they actually respect him.

Sure.

I was just replying to the post that implied that Enlistment in Military Service was not voluntary, or that it excluded an oath to obey the orders of CNC.

If the president ordered the 101st Airborne Division to shoot all the queers in California, they'd be obligated to follow his commands?

"Obligated to follow commands?"

What the fuck does that mean?

• Fact: Military service in the US is VOLUNTARY
  • Fact: Enlistment includes a Oath to Obey the orders of the CINC
  • Fact: Not Everyone Obeys Orders
  • Fact: Those that don't not Obey Orders may be court marshaled, and sent to Leavenworth. OR the court may find that disobeying orders was completely justifiable.

You have any more idiotic scenarios you'd like to review?

They are volunteers:

They are volunteers:

Sure.

• Fact: Those that don't not Obey Orders may be court marshaled, and sent to Leavenworth. OR the court may find that disobeying orders was completely justifiable.

You're confused, but I'll chock that up to the fact that you're one more liberal simpleton who doesn't understand the realities of ethics. So I guess what you're saying then, is that yes, the 101st Aiborne Division would be under obligation to shoot all the queers in California if the president ordered them to do so?

They are volunteers:

They are volunteers:

Sure.

You're confused, but I'll chock that up to the fact that you're one more liberal simpleton who doesn't understand the realities of ethics. So I guess what you're saying then, is that yes, the 101st Aiborne Division would be under obligation to shoot all the queers in California if the president ordered them to do so?

I did not make my reply simple enough for a believer in the Liberal Boogie man:
  • A Major General Commands the 101st: He can decide to disobey orders from the CINC.
  • Then, anyone else can also decide not to obey orders from the CINC.
Hopefully the mental energy necessary to comprehend these two points wont permanently injury you.

The monkey man is sending in soldiers to Liberia to eventually give AFRICOM a base in Africa as opposed to Stutgart Germany which is where it is currently ran from. It's all about China in Africa.

Like any clever politician they can make create something positive out of a negative.

Obama is just the dumbest fuck to ever live in DC
Disagree.

There have been several others who (I perceive) were inferior to Obumble in inteligence.

However, it may come to pass that history will judge Fearless Leader as the Emptiest Suit to have shown-up in DC up to his point in time.

They are volunteers:

Sure.

I did not make my reply simple enough for a believer in the Liberal Boogie man:
  • A Major General Commands the 101st: He can decide to disobey orders from the CINC.
  • Then, anyone else can also decide not to obey orders from the CINC.
Hopefully the mental energy necessary to comprehend these two points wont permanently injury you.

The monkey man is sending in soldiers to Liberia to eventually give AFRICOM a base in Africa as opposed to Stutgart Germany which is where it is currently ran from. It's all about China in Africa.

Like any clever politician they can make create something positive out of a negative.

Damn I love the convoluted thinking of people who know what a rat's nest of intrigue politics really is. You might have something here my friend.

Riddle me this.

In several US cities, illegal bush meat is being sold to these groups. It in inevitable that it will rear it's ugly head here no matter how many troops we send over.

A true catch 22

(My bold)

If the illegal bush meat being sold is from Africa & freshly butchered here, there's a chance it's carrying Ebola. If the animal is already butchered when it gets here - it depends on how long the virus can survive in refrigeration or frozen or however it's preserved for the voyage.

The point of our sending military support is to try to contain the W. African Ebola outbreak to Africa. We can probably contain it in the US, but it would be disruptive. Better to make a smaller investment of time, effort, materiel & personnel there & try to contain the outbreak.

An Ebola variant has already shown up in the US, that ship sailed decades ago. We've been lucky in that it wasn't fatal in humans, but it killed nearly all the primates it encountered otherwise. Better to study it in situ & in vitro, & try to understand it enough to come up with a vaccine or cure - or both.

Sure.

(My bold)

Nah, that's not a legal order. After the Nuremberg trials, all our officers - TMK - are trained in what's a legal order. Push comes to shove, if they disagree but are willing to obey, they can ask for written orders. I believe our rank & file troops also are taught the difference between legal/not legal orders.

& certainly shooting civilians - without a declaration of national emergency - would trip a lot of consciences. I think you'd have a hard time getting troops to execute that order

To the 101st Airborne scenario............

Troops are obligated to Not Obey UNLAWFUL ORDERS...........If ordered to kill all the gays in California would be an unlawful order, and thus NOT TO BE OBEYED.............

Sampson believes the military is a bunch of Fucking Robots, or FEDERAL PROPERTY. Under the UCMJ if you get a severe sunburn you can be charged with Destruction of Government Property. Bet he didn't freaking know that. And as Soldiers they are required to OBEY every order even if it goes against the Core principles of our Nation and our Way of life.

Given that, deploying to Liberia is not an Unlawful order. It is a Lawful order by the CNC. I've Never stated that they wouldn't go, nor that it is an Unlawful order. I've suggested supporting this in other ways through volunteers into the Hot Zone, and with agencies more specially trained..........CDC and even FEMA have CBR trained professionals who also can respond.............

The issue of volunteers is nothing more than splitting hairs by Samson accusing people like me of shit I didn't say........Saying that these 3000 Volunteered to go to Liberia because they are members of a volunteer military is BS.

Tell me how great this chit is when our people get infected and die for being there. As we are risking 3000 military lives in this mission, to build hospitals that will not be available for many months when the crisis is NOW.

Tip of the Spear News Site for the War on Ebola.

Articles United States Africa Command

First Shipment of the Ramped Up U.S. Military Response to Ebola Arrives in Liberia United States Africa Command

A C-17 U.S. military aircraft arrived in Liberia Thursday with the first shipment of increased U.S. military equipment and personnel for the anti-Ebola fight, which was promised by President Barack Obama in a speech September 16 at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, Georgia.

The cargo included a heavy duty forklift, a drill set and generator and a team of 7 military personnel, including engineers and airfield specialists. The personnel are here to quickly assess the payload and stability of the airport runways. The forklift will be used to offload incoming supplies.

Additional large military aircraft, transporting more personnel and supplies, are expected to arrive in Monrovia in the coming days.

Major General Darryl Williams, in his capacity as Commander of U.S. Army Africa and Operation United Assistance, has been in Liberia since Tuesday, meeting with President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf and other senior Liberian government officials to discuss the stepped up U.S. response to the Ebola crisis.

On Thursday, Maj. Gen. Williams and U.S. Ambassador Deborah Malac toured several sites where more Ebola Treatment Units are being constructed. The sites include the Defense Ministry building in Congo Town and Samuel K. Doe Sports Complex.

Forum List

Back