Us Smokers Rule!

Very much so, I sometimes smoke to mask the excessive perfumes that many people tend to wear. But those who complain about it are the people who just want to find something to complain about or fight against without thinking 'how could I just avoid it?'

I don't believe even you are that fucking ignorant?

I don't know how it is going in other parts of the country. In my area, hospitals have banned smoking anywhere on the grounds. The hospital security. will fine you if you sit in your car and smoke.

I think that is cruel. Some people are going thru horrible times - losing a parent, spouse or child. If they want a cigarette, there should be somewhere they could go and smoke at the hospital. The hospitals all got together and implemented the rule at the same time - so that the consumer couldn't chose a "smoking allowed" hospital over a non-smoking hospital.

Some colleges in our area do not allow smoking anywhere on the grounds. The entire campus is smoke free. There is no data that I am aware of that says smoking alone under a tree harms other people, yet they have implemented this rule based on "good habits" are taught here.

I don't know how it is going in other parts of the country. In my area, hospitals have banned smoking anywhere on the grounds. The hospital security. will fine you if you sit in your car and smoke.

I think that is cruel. Some people are going thru horrible times - losing a parent, spouse or child. If they want a cigarette, there should be somewhere they could go and smoke at the hospital. The hospitals all got together and implemented the rule at the same time - so that the consumer couldn't chose a "smoking allowed" hospital over a non-smoking hospital.

Some colleges in our area do not allow smoking anywhere on the grounds. The entire campus is smoke free. There is no data that I am aware of that says smoking alone under a tree harms other people, yet they have implemented this rule based on "good habits" are taught here.

Seattle did the same thing, our suicide rate has actually gone up sense the bans were placed as well, and we weren't the best on those to begin with.

Seattle did the same thing, our suicide rate has actually gone up sense the bans were placed as well, and we weren't the best on those to begin with.

The UK has a ban on smoking and everything smells like it should:lol:

don't believe even you are that f**king ignorant?

Interesting post. It ends with a question mark. Does the question mark apply to your belief, which presents a negative premise, or to the state of being?

Perhaps the post is a clever play on our discussion of tolerance? If it is the latter, then your irony was amazing...;D

Interesting post. It ends with a question mark. Does the question mark apply to your belief, which presents a negative premise, or to the state of being?

Perhaps the post is a clever play on our discussion of tolerance? If it is the latter, then your irony was amazing...;D

However you interpret it...I am amazing:cool:

He just likes attacking everyone, from what I have seen, so pay him no mind, I only reply to him with non-sequitors now. (and no, I don't know how to spell that word)

Must say, that you must be unable to smell the toxic car exhaust that is much stronger than cig smoke, nice to be you then.

I can't smell it because the price of fuel has forced us all to walk everywhere, hence, we are all fit non smokers.:D

I can't smell it because the price of fuel has forced us all to walk everywhere, hence, we are all fit non smokers.:D

Okay, that one I can't argue against. In Seattle the car exhaust is making everything gray (Emerald city my ass) and it stinks to high heaven. I would hate to live in San Fransisco, wouldn't even be able to breath there.

Seattle did the same thing, our suicide rate has actually gone up sense the bans were placed as well, and we weren't the best on those to begin with."

How long have they had the bans in Seattle? The bans just started here.

Okay, that one I can't argue against. In Seattle the car exhaust is making everything gray (Emerald city my ass) and it stinks to high heaven. I would hate to live in San Fransisco, wouldn't even be able to breath there.

Starting to love me already EH?:D

Seattle did the same thing, our suicide rate has actually gone up sense the bans were placed as well, and we weren't the best on those to begin with."

How long have they had the bans in Seattle? The bans just started here.

About three years now. Much of our economy is in the crapper now, not just because of that but many of our local hot spots have gone out of business because of the bans. One business that suffered the most was a bar and grill that catered to smokers, and the waitress' and staff have been quitting or getting fired because they make no tips, and their patronage has dropped a LOT. The only places to survive have heated patios for smokers but the banoholics have been pushing to get those out to. Our ban is REALLY stupid, smoking no closer than 25 feet from any window (open or closed), door, or vent. The police just said they wouldn't enforce that part at all, there was no way, because it's impossible without walking in the street and tying up the traffic. They are going repeal it soon, now that the impact has been noted and no one is happy, and we NEED the revenue of these businesses. Too many people staying home means an major increase in online sales, which do not help the city at all.

The anti smokers must be taking a page from that playbook. That is the same rule that is being promoted here.

It won't work, the man hours required for the police alone are too much. Also, if they are mimicking us, the the business the smoker is nearest pays the fine not us. *grin*One saving grace that has hurt the morons who pushed for the stupid law, we just make sure we're in front of their businesses more.

Lemme guess.. The Mrs. said you had to give up smoking, or drinking...

Nearly:D The kids told me I was going to die of smoking almost every day so I 'eventually' gave up, about a year later the Mrs gave up after a severe row in which I was called, amongst other things, 'A fat ugly Bastard':eek:

Nearly:D The kids told me I was going to die of smoking almost every day so I 'eventually' gave up, about a year later the Mrs gave up after a severe row in which I was called, amongst other things, 'A fat ugly Bastard':eek:

Which is still undisputed? :D

Forum List

Back